Jump to content
Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

 

i'm pretty sure is was intended for ultraviolence since it could be considered a continuation of ride

And what about I Don't Wanna Go, Hollywood, JFK, Ridin and Starry Eyes, were they all meant for Paradise, since they were recorded on 2012?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YourGirl666 said:

And what about I Don't Wanna Go, Hollywood, JFK, Ridin and Starry Eyes, were they all meant for Paradise, since they were recorded on 2012?

 

jfk, starry eyed, hollywood, angels forever forever angels, and black beauty all leaked the same day and are known as the "untouchable five" and they were originally for ldr2, which would later become ultraviolence, they leaked before the original ldr2 was completed

 

i don't wanna go was for paradise, or atleast, was recorded around the same time paradise was being recorded

 

ridin' was for asap rocky's album but it was scrapped

 

i hope this helped :) 


  tumblr_mzxqgeKSvv1toin9ho1_400.gifv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

 

jfk, starry eyed, hollywood, angels forever forever angels, and black beauty all leaked the same day and are known as the "untouchable five" and they were originally for ldr2, which would later become ultraviolence, they leaked before the original ldr2 was completed

 

i don't wanna go was for paradise, or atleast, was recorded around the same time paradise was being recorded

 

ridin' was for asap rocky's album but it was scrapped

 

i hope this helped :) 

Thx so much! This helped a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did u guys see a few days ago on instagram a fanpage (@lanaswhitedress) posted the quote "I was a singer, not a very popular one. I once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet" 

 

and Lana commented "And I did" 

 

:trisha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, urgirl said:

did u guys see a few days ago on instagram a fanpage (@lanaswhitedress) posted the quote "I was a singer, not a very popular one. I once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet" 

 

and Lana commented "And I did" 

 

:trisha: 

dhoxrx81ffr61.jpg?auto=webp&s=73e26c158f

 

loved the interaction :trisha:

Spoiler

also this one...Ms Miley :wowcry:

mk75rwvh86r61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, urgirl said:

did u guys see a few days ago on instagram a fanpage (@lanaswhitedress) posted the quote "I was a singer, not a very popular one. I once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet" 

 

and Lana commented "And I did" 

 

:trisha: 

IKR? we love to see our girl achieving her dreams, she has come a long way from her home-made videos and garage band song demos :oprah:


You say you miss me and I wanna say I miss you so much
But something keeps me really quiet, I'm alive, I'm a lush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed this article from the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210407-lana-del-rey-and-the-struggle-to-be-mysterious-in-pop

I still find it so funny that journalists always go on about how dreamy, sultry and angelic Lana is. Like, after you're done with your listen of Born to Die, can you go play Pretty When I Cry, Cherry or The Greatest. She is just not that artist anymore lol and she hasn't been for a while . . . 


tumblr_nqk3hfPFIC1qa9oslo1_500.gifv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk if there's a The White Stripes thread so I'll just post here. I'm only familiar with like 2 of their songs, so which album or songs do you think Lana was listening to at 19? I wanna get into them cause I like what I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was rich, I would pay some company to make a translucent vinyl for me with 13 Beaches, Lust for Life (Demo 1), Beautiful People (Demo 1), Heroin, Change and Get Free.

 

And maybe one with all the versions of Summer Bummer and another like the first, but red and with Cherry 

 

Why God didn't make me a millionaire??? I was born to be a heiress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Idk if there's a The White Stripes thread so I'll just post here. I'm only familiar with like 2 of their songs, so which album or songs do you think Lana was listening to at 19? I wanna get into them cause I like what I hear.

 

white blood cells and elephant were peak popularity white stripes so i'd guess those albums– they re both excellent, though i think elephant is more lana-esque in terms of mood and sonic references. get behind me satan is also great and has a lot of marimba.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

 

white blood cells and elephant were peak popularity white stripes so i'd guess those albums– they re both excellent, though i think elephant is more lana-esque in terms of mood and sonic references. get behind me satan is also great and has a lot of marimba.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love it, thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched again all the Norman MV and what was that? Looks like it had all the wrong elements combined. In the NFR and VB she acts like she's a teen doing crazy things while vlogging. The fake vintage aesthetic was also hurtful to the eyes. The FILY wasn't so bad, but TG was kinda amateurish with a 00's vibe. I don't know how to feel about DT, because I really liked the parking lot scenes, but the giant lana scenes could have been better. I'm glad she started to bring beauty back on COCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, BluebirdXO said:

If I was rich, I would pay some company to make a translucent vinyl for me with 13 Beaches, Lust for Life (Demo 1), Beautiful People (Demo 1), Heroin, Change and Get Free.

 

And maybe one with all the versions of Summer Bummer and another like the first, but red and with Cherry 

 

Why God didn't make me a millionaire??? I was born to be a heiress 

this reminds me of all the mockup vinyls i have with my fanmade lana albums 


every night i pray for an EP using the extra songs from the era that dont have a physical

release (is this happiness/flipside) and every morning i wake up disappointed 

what id do to listen to those on vinyl 

along with lanas many unreleased :smokes3:

 


                                                         bill hader is richie is my aesthetic | Tumblr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...