Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

On 2/6/2021 at 10:34 PM, Kimi said:

hey guys do you remeber when she said that a lot of her early unreleased pop songs are objectively bad? i wanna read that interview but can't find it

I kinda agree, they just are not her 

47 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

i don't mean to ruin the hype but i believe that she just recently started wearing braids so it's probably not from the video :/

even if it's not from the video it shows she knows how to roller skate :creepna3: and has been working on it, so possibly she'll be featured in her video, live performance, something

sUcVobB.png

Outlier of an opinion but I still think the cover's better than lust for life. n I get the message it wanted/was conveying but I remember how we never got an alt cover for it, and it's great to see Lana smiling on the cover but in ways it just gave me pretty Darla from Finding Nemo vibes. doesn't take away at how I love the record for what it is but two cents. 

she's genuinely smiling on here, or at least a lot more natural looking. it's more dynamic than her past covers seeing as how this is more candid, moment in time. 
she's not alone. 

what I do dislike about it is the certain coldness to the bnw, quick glance, is that it makes it feel less timeless and more hallway pictorial, like a photo you hang up in your hallway. and the crop could've been slightly better. it gives me Johnny Cash playing Mario Kart bc of the table cover bc of the bnw and the table cover alone. and w everything going on in the background, it barely got away with all the textures u see on the format bc of how eerie it can look (which for me is a plus). I hope the cover has a little more yellow or warmth to it exactly like this, it gives it a more masculine feel which I personally just like.

Lana.jpg

regardless, the photo itself is pretty balanced, and I think the play from all the shades of grey in the bnw make it. 
I do dislike how the woman sitting in the middle kinda seems like she doesn't wanna be there compared to the others. 
it's a lot more complex than what we're used to, but the details are there. and I honestly like how it's trying to almost be rugged w it's slight messiness. it's something different and I actually love thinking about it compared to a lot of overly-polished stuff/ overly edited vintage. I think it's a GREAT balance. 

of course I hope the music fleshes out the record bc I do see it's TREMENDOUS potential, but I also understand how others might not be used to it/doesn't live up to their fantasies as easy as the alt cover does. I think if the music lends itself to the original cover, that it'll definitely be worth it. mentally juxtaposing the music against this cover again, gives me MTWBT mixed w Kendrick's TPAB and I'm hoping the music continues to oil and water from it's details to the songs' smooth darkness. I just hope that it connects to the album and that this was intentional. 

after looking at it again I think I love it even more. 

UV/Honeymoon

imagine it:

you’re sitting enjoying your tuesday night—you look at your phone *notification*: lana has posted the third photo in her full-row instagram teaser for White Dress.

you quickly click it. it has the date, this friday!

you smile, run to lana boards to celebrate with the gorlies

LIFE IS GEWD, COCC IN 38 DAYS

~LET’S MANIFEST IT LADIES~
:beyonce::sass::wink:

5 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

imagine it:

you’re sitting enjoying your tuesday night—you look at your phone *notification*: lana has posted the third photo in her full-row instagram teaser for White Dress.

you quickly click it. it has the date, this friday!

you smile, run to lana boards to celebrate with the gorlies

LIFE IS GEWD, COCC IN 38 DAYS

~LET’S MANIFEST IT LADIES~
:beyonce::sass::wink:

Stunning. :xcry:

37 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Thinking what will be our next obsessision now that yosemite is to be relesead. :smokes:

Dealer :scream:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, suicideblonde said:

not 2 start another LSD/ill escape controversy but on the MV subtitles it says "I'm in the wind, I'm in the water," thots? It doesn't sound like she's saying I'm to me.

it's definitely "you're in the wind, i'm in the water" because it's followed up by "nobody's son, nobody's daughter" so she's talking about her and another person

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

58 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Game said:

Would anyone else love a Lana electronic album? Or just me.....:heart:

Hide contents

i think it'd be really cool to hear her take on electronic music! esp with a cool producer like grimes, flying lotus, or arca.

aOaIzH2.gif