Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

unless the 39 different vinyl variants worked?:oprah: lets thank the collectors

I mean there are more versions of this album than there are tracks on it so it might work

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

Wait, I don't get it, what's going on? 

NEW INFOS ABOUT COCC

Tom March, executive director of 'Polydor', Lana Del Rey's record label for the United States, says that Lana Del Rey's new album is phenomenal and meets (and a lot of) fan demands. The executive said that there are many strategies yet to come in the promotion of the album

Tom March, director of 'Polydor' said that 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' is already an instant success and represents the BIGGEST release by Lana Del Rey in years. In the UK, the record had almost twice as much pre-sales as 'NFR!'

Tom also said that Lana Del Rey is an example within the marketing strategies of record labels, because even though she has a 10-year career and going to the seventh album, her audience remains between 15-22 years old, which makes her be great in streams.

8 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I think if the album does tank it’ll be a bit of a wake up call for her though. She can’t just say whatever she wants and expect her fans to remain loyal. And maybe no promo isn’t the best strategy.

She can do what she wants and has shown disinterest in maintaining fans though (saying she doesn't care about losing fans in her 2017 Complex interview and publicly missing her old life). I don't really think Lana cares all that much about commercial success/high charting at this point. I could be wrong of course though.

Also NFR felt extremely dead on arrival too, as all of the Venice Bitch/critical hype fell away during the literal year gap.

FIILY and The Greatest made virtually no noise when they came out, the video literally has less views than the chemtrails video and it’s been out 6 weeks compared to nearly two years 

it’s impossible to tell how an album for an artist like her will do based on single sales and streams. Her core fan base will always buy/stream which, contrary to the belief that QFTC killed her career, is still fairly large, the rest will depend on word of mouth and any promotion she does, if any

i think saying it will be her most successful album since BTD or whatever is a massive stretch but I don’t see it doing much worse/better than  HM/LFL/Norman - her albums literally always sell like the exact same amount :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

yikes if this turns out to be real... theres no way cocc is gonna do better than NFR or LFL, and we all know the promo is gonna be non-existant :rip: maybe tom drank some delulu juice idk

loooll inb4 Tom is one of us LB users on #teamdelulu 

625-C64-B6-A207-44-E9-86-F6-D86231049-DF

19 minutes ago, Dragon said:

this is gonna sound horrible but I just really can't imagine some 15 year olds going hard on some of Lana's stuff like- this is some Andi Mac sh but good luck to them tenor.gif

i was listening to born to die when i was 13 :bebe:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

19 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I just can’t see the album being more successful than Norman. Chemtrails is tanking in streams and LMLYLAW literally gets no streams. No to mention in iTunes album preorders she’s literally out of the top 20. I’m fearing a tank unless Ben and Ed do something (which they wont). 

LMLYLAW having no replay value since it was released wbk

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Also NFR felt extremely dead on arrival too, as all of the Venice Bitch/critical hype fell away during the literal year gap.

FIILY and The Greatest made virtually no noise when they came out, the video literally has less views than the chemtrails video and it’s been out 6 weeks compared to nearly two years 

it’s impossible to tell how an album for an artist like her will do based on single sales and streams. Her core fan base will always buy/stream which, contrary to the belief that QFTC killed her career, is still fairly large, the rest will depend on word of mouth and any promotion she does, if any

Idk about that. All of her droplets (Mariners, VB, even hope) were doing really well in streams before the album dropped, and then she dropped the Doin Time video on release week and that went kinda viral online. Not to mention the critical acclaim during the first week and the pitchfork 9.4 def had people interested. It just feels like she’s lost a lot of fans and we’re gonna see that impact in sales

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

i don’t see it doing much worse/better than  HM/LFL/Norman - her albums literally always sell like the exact same amount :rip: 

but they say that cocc already has twice as much sales as nfr and theres still month till the release

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

The truth is everybody except the mentioned artists stans (twitter trolls) and some biased reviewers (Maria I'm looking at you) has already moved past QFTC... I think COCC sales/streams will be on trend with her releases, maybe a little bit higher since it'll be NFR follow up :smokes:

Lanarat.png

20 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I just can’t see the album being more successful than Norman. Chemtrails is tanking in streams and LMLYLAW literally gets no streams. No to mention in iTunes album preorders she’s literally out of the top 20. I’m fearing a tank unless Ben and Ed do something (which they wont). 

Yeah but didn’t we buy like 10 variants each of the damn album though the standard cover is ugly as fvck? 

Just now, Fart Deco said:

The truth is everybody except the mentioned artists stans and some biased reviewers (Maria I'm looking at you) has already moved past QFTC... I think COCC sales/streams will be on trend with her releases, maybe a little bit higher since it'll be NFR follow up :smokes:

She has a growing fan base. LFL hit 1B streams and NFR is about to do so even faster. Chemtrails probably won’t have the Honeymoon curse. 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Idk about that. All of her droplets (Mariners, VB, even hope) were doing really well in streams before the album dropped, and then she dropped the Doin Time video on release week and that went kinda viral online. Not to mention the critical acclaim during the first week and the pitchfork 9.4 def had people interested. It just feels like she’s lost a lot of fans and we’re gonna see that impact in sales

Well ya, the release week really gave that album a second wind.  I was meaning before that.

And COCC has like 25 million streams already, I feel like that’s pretty respectable and the first day of it was better than any of the NFR singles first days IIRC, which is why I reeaaaalllly don’t think that we will see any noticeable dip in her sales. So many artists have been “cancelled” and literally nothing happens. What happens in stan Twitter has no correlation to real life. 

That being said LMLYLAW was definitely a flop compared to NFR and was a mistake to release first.