Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:

Hi guys what did I miss in the last 20 pages? I couldn’t be here and it seems like I’ve missed a lot... like an interview or a review?

A really good review about the album by MOJO. And they spilled about TJF, it’s “NFR type of shit and it’s ethereal. And “White Hot Forever” it’s the refrain, so TJF is officially WHF

0YnL0Kf.gif

6 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Hi guys what did I miss in the last 20 pages? I couldn’t be here and it seems like I’ve missed a lot... like an interview or a review?

Mojo posted their review of Chemtrails, giving it a 4 out of 5. Their favorite song is Dance T’il We Die. It’s a bit of a continuity of NFR in the beginning, but having more of an introspective perspective and showdown Lana’s folkier side as it goes on. The last note of the album isn’t delivered by Lana but by Weyes and is very reminiscent of Joni herself. 
and in a Tweet, the chorus to TJF says WHF and my mind is finally at peace because we will finally hear the song Jack called « the shit »

14 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Guys, there’s a song nobody knows about except those 5 homosexuals...

Yeah I know... And my mind is going in all places knowing she scrapped Dealer and that unknown song could be « Dealer’s little sister » because she did scrap TNBAR and Yosemite for LFL that are sister tracks in her own words...

The last vocals on the album is not Lana? :bye:

The way I already felt this would happen. Good thing I already made plans to delete 'For Free' off of my COCC playlist. :ma:

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Mojo posted their review of Chemtrails, giving it a 4 out of 5. Their favorite song is Dance T’il We Die. It’s a bit of a continuity of NFR in the beginning, but having more of an introspective perspective and showdown Lana’s folkier side as it goes on. The last note of the album isn’t delivered by Lana but by Weyes and is very reminiscent of Joni herself. 
and in a Tweet, the chorus to TJF says WHF and my mind is finally at peace because we will finally hear the song Jack called « the shit »

And also: the album is set in California in the beginning but goes on a « wider landscape » as it goes on. 

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah I know... And my mind is going in all places knowing she scrapped Dealer and that unknown song could be « Dealer’s little sister » because she did scrap TNBAR and Yosemite for LFL that are sister tracks in her own words...

Not gonna lie, I almost don't believe that those 5 selfish gays even exist. It would have totally leaked already. Gays can't keep a secrets. :oprah3:

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

The last vocals on the album is not Lana? :bye:

The way I already felt this would happen. Good thing I already made plans to delete 'For Free' off of my COCC playlist. :ma:

Yeah, but they said Weyes delivers those notes and they sound like Joni herself. So I’m kinda at peace with that. And it’s not super surprising either, considering she shares the cover with a whole bunch of people...

2 minutes ago, yayowen said:

Based on the snippet, i don't see how TJF could sound like NFR.. unless we're talking cinnamon girl vibes?

i'd say the lightness of it but the presence of a beat in some parts reminds me of fuck it i love you or doin time too, and the overall chill vibe, the attitude towards the man she's talking about are kinda NFR too

Yeah, but they said Weyes delivers those notes and they sound like Joni herself. So I’m kinda at peace with that. And it’s not super surprising either, considering she shares the cover with a whole bunch of people...

....I......I don't even know who Joni Mitchell is. I only know her because Lana always talks about her. :eek3:

Especially since if Lana did the final note herself, it’d probably be really breathy like the end of hiadtfawlmthbihi and everyone would complain about how it’s such a waste since Weyes could’ve easily done it better.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Not gonna lie, I almost don't believe that those 5 selfish gays even exist. It would have totally leaked already. Gays can't keep a secrets. :oprah3:

Lolll this is so funny, cause it’s true. 
Until release, those guys probably will be silent about it... but watch snippets surface in a couple of months. Unless they do keep quiet for a couple of years? I mean, some of us /them had Serene Queen for five years, some had the Good Life all those years, same with HM and UV outtakes... Maybw some are better at keeping secrets than others lol. 

2 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

....I......I don't even know who Joni Mitchell is. I only know her because Lana always talks about her. :eek3:

The song is a Joni Mitchell cover lol

Then today is a good day to introduce yourself to her. Her influence has been so deeply woven into Lana’s music since the beginning, so discovering her for the first time will probably be a real treat. I’d recommend starting with the album Blue since it’s the most well-known. Hit me up if you want some more suggestions. :kiss2:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

7 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

yikes do yourself a favor and introduce yourself to ms joni

i really hope the instrumental is gonna be very true to the original, i just LOVE the piano arrangement

image.png

6 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Joni is not my fave singer, but she is the original blueprint of the singer-songwriter of Laurel Canyon. NFR had many references to that type of singer-songwriter. She is a legend and has been going on for 40+ years. To have Lana’s cover of For Free finishing on notes sounding like Joni is as iconic as Lana covering Summertime after having covered Doin Time that samples it.