Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I get it. Some people just want to prolong the excitment. We all have our ways of listening to music. I trust Lana's vision. And I'm def gonna watch the video/listen to the single. But I get it. Nothing wrong with wanting to wait. That's my three cents on this matter.:awkney:

I mean yeah ok but why are some of them on here all the time moaning how much they can't wait for the album and then being mad because others don't put spoilers on information about released content :bebe: what's the sense in participating on a pre-release thread if you don't consune any news and therefore have nothing to discuss?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

16 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Or perhaps NOT....

SECURITY!

ii2ms0o3j9901.gif

Mr. Future Jazz there is a difference between a proper song release and a snippet on her Instagram that only her followers care to click. If you overplay a LQ snippet and ruin the experience, that's on you. It's not her problem.

of course there is, i don't think it does as much harm, I'm just saying I'd rather decide for myself what I think is the best way to listen to her music than follow what she wants people to listen to (at least, her 18.4M followers).

3 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I mean yeah ok but why are some of them on here all the time moaning how much they can't wait for the album and then being mad because others don't put spoilers on information about released content :bebe: what's the sense in participating on a pre-release thread if you don't consune any news and therefore have nothing to discuss?

Now THAT, I dont understand. People who want to wait need chill with that shit. You cant come to the pre release and expect to not be spoiled.thats.....wishful thinking, their dreamers, they dream alot.....

I mean, we'll see if we even get White Dress on the 26th (I'm praying we do).

In that case, I'll definitely be listening, and on repeat. It'll be less than a month until we get the whole album. I'm down for another piece of the puzzle.

12 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I kinda miss her posting snippets. At least it created some sort of hype. This era has been a snoozefest sadly. 

in my opinion posting that many snippets was the worst thing she could ever do :rip: of course we were gonna overplay them we literally had a one year wait between MAC and the album

Since y'all are harassing @Eclipse for leaks, let's derail the discussion :xgiggle:

19 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

I much prefer hearing songs one at a time, digesting them on their own and forming connections and memories with them instead of having one giant album to listen to without giving some songs their time to shine. Also if an artist, especially someone like Lana, puts out something before the album then she intends the audience to hear that ahead of the album and I trust her vision. I guess it's okay if you wanna wait to listen to a promo single with the album if it's released like a week before, but making yourself wait 3 more weeks to hear a proper single with a music video? And spoil yourself in the process anyways with everyone hyping it up or being disappointed, so you're already biased before hearing it? Also watching a video WITH THE SOUND OFF? That sounds like insanity, I'm sorry.

This is not directed at anyone specifically, I've seen a lot of people doing this and it's specifically a LanaBoards behaviour that is deemed acceptable. So I wanted to share my two cents.

oOQp68I.gif

I always listen to singles because I'm weak (and I think it's logical to hear them since Lana decided to release them, so, well, hm, y'know :stareney2: ) but it's really magical to hear an album in full for the first time, without knowing what it sounds like. It only happened for Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon for me, but I wish I did the same with Lust for Life and NFR. Yes, songs don't have time to shine on their own, but it's like listening to a story. It's like diving into the unknown and losing yourself in the ocean. :crai: It makes you vibe with the whole atmosphere of the album way better than when you're expecting a song to come or its overall sound.

Maybe this is madness but Lana's music puts me in a mood like no other artists can, and it's really special to be lost into the new sound of her albums :krylie:

I won't comment on watching a video without the sound tho. I'll never do that, it would spoil my imagery of the song :hooker:

27 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

I much prefer hearing songs one at a time, digesting them on their own and forming connections and memories with them instead of having one giant album to listen to without giving some songs their time to shine. Also if an artist, especially someone like Lana, puts out something before the album then she intends the audience to hear that ahead of the album and I trust her vision. I guess it's okay if you wanna wait to listen to a promo single with the album if it's released like a week before, but making yourself wait 3 more weeks to hear a proper single with a music video? And spoil yourself in the process anyways with everyone hyping it up or being disappointed, so you're already biased before hearing it? Also watching a video WITH THE SOUND OFF? That sounds like insanity, I'm sorry.

This is not directed at anyone specifically, I've seen a lot of people doing this and it's specifically a LanaBoards behaviour that is deemed acceptable. So I wanted to share my two cents.

oOQp68I.gif

I mean now that you say it, I have so many good memories listening to VB and MAC in 2018 , you may be onto something :party:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Just now, Lentilus said:

I feel like this thread has been on "I wanna fight" mode since nothing was announced on Friday. :awkney:

Chill  we're not months away anymore.

Exactly. And even if WD isn't released this Friday, we will definitely hear it sometime before album release (which is also less than a month away). so yay!

Spoiler

Apparently my sense of humor can be a little annoying. And some lack it entirely. :eek3:

29 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

in my opinion posting that many snippets was the worst thing she could ever do :rip: of course we were gonna overplay them we literally had a one year wait between MAC and the album

Snippets work when it’s no more than a couple of songs and not very far from release. LFL era was good on that matter because ewe still had surprises when the album dropped. But NFR was something else. 

I got to thinking that I thought -

I personally enjoy listening to new albums start to finish, 100% unheard (or, at least, with no songs overplayed), because I like my first listen to be of the album as an entire body of work. I usually do that and, after a few listens, I go through and sort of unpack each song individually.

I've listened to LMLYLAW and COCC but I've not overplayed them, because with NFR, VB and MAC came out so early that they will never quite feel like part of that album to me and I didn't want the same feeling with COCC. 

So basically I just do what I want and everyone else should also do what they want.

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Can I just say LMLYLAW has been growing on me recently so much :trisha: the chorus is so well done, hopeful, strong yet ethereal and heartbreaking and I bet the entire song flows in the album amazingly and connects one song with another. I trust her vision on this one. Ugh thought I couldn’t have been more excited for the album yet here we are

Cocc is coming to snatch us from this planet

k4o8K19.gif

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Snippets work when it’s no more than a couple of songs and not very far from release. LFL era was good on that matter because ewe still had surprises when the album dropped. But NFR was something else. 

well I agree it was way worse with NFR but if i remember correctly, we had 2 Cherry snippets, 1 white mustang snippet, 2 summer bummer snippets, 1 groupie love snippet, 1 coachella acapella, 2-3 change snippets + roses bloom for you. that left several songs unheard, but still, it was a bit too much for me. i think that uploading only one snippet for TJF this time was the right thing to do :)