Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

She archived the TJF snippet, too; it's just that Ben still has it up. 

I feel like she is a recovering snippetholic and the TJF snippet was a moment of weakness but then she got back on track. 

Snippetholic? Snippaholic? Snippetaholic? Sni-

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

She archived the TJF snippet, too; it's just that Ben still has it up. 

I feel like she is a recovering snippetholic and the TJF snippet was a moment of weakness but then she got back on track. 

Snippetholic? Snippaholic? Snippetaholic? Sni-

Please not snippaholic! :icant: (snippa means vulva in Swedish)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Oh, also, radio played Like a woman like 2 hours ago while I was snoozing, I keep winning. I haven’t heard Lana on the radio so frequently ever before in my life.

I’ve just noticed your profile picture is Sylvain and it gets me all horny and bothered :cumming2:

Some people are so lucky. The only Lana song I hear on the radio is summertime sadness smh

I wish my local radio would play CoCC but that will never happen :bored:

nF70D0F.png

34 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

I much prefer hearing songs one at a time, digesting them on their own and forming connections and memories with them instead of having one giant album to listen to without giving some songs their time to shine. Also if an artist, especially someone like Lana, puts out something before the album then she intends the audience to hear that ahead of the album and I trust her vision. I guess it's okay if you wanna wait to listen to a promo single with the album if it's released like a week before, but making yourself wait 3 more weeks to hear a proper single with a music video? And spoil yourself in the process anyways with everyone hyping it up or being disappointed, so you're already biased before hearing it? Also watching a video WITH THE SOUND OFF? That sounds like insanity, I'm sorry.

This is not directed at anyone specifically, I've seen a lot of people doing this and it's specifically a LanaBoards behaviour that is deemed acceptable. So I wanted to share my two cents.

oOQp68I.gif

I’ve never fully understood that either.

For me it really hyped up the album even more so, like I was being fed crumbs and now I’m getting the whole cake. 

Which is one of the reasons why Paradise/UV/HM was my favorite eras release wise.

Paradise: We got the Paradise Edition trailer that gave us samples of each song. All short and sweet enough to get a taste of what was to come. 
Rides music video release.

Blue Velvet MV with H&M.

Original Bel Air MV 

Album release

Burning Desire (side note: still pissed this wasn’t on the album) MV.

TROPICO announcement/promo 

TROPICO trailer

And finally TROPICO (although the release for TROPICO could have been better since it was like  a year since paradise was released sksks but I give it points for being a beautiful, wonderful peace of art that had a storyline and it really finished that born to die/paradise lana well). 

Ultraviolence:

Album announcement 

West Coast release and later music video

album art and tracklist reveal

Shades of Cool MV

At some point a cute little album trailer that included the prior songs and Ultraviolence and Brooklyn Baby. 

Although I feel like the era could have turned out better had it not been for the “I wish I was dead” thing and other controversies considering we never got the original UV video and instead got a homemade one which was cute. This era also felt really short which is unfortunate. 

Honeymoon (her best release roll out imo): 

Honeymoon audio released

HBTB MV

Cover art and tracklist release

Terrence Loves You single

the iconic honeymoon hotline 

Honeymoon Sampler

MTWBT video 

Freak video

after that her rollouts haven’t been that great..regarding push backs and leaks and things like that, some of which isnt really lanas fault.

anyway things like this actually help make the album better for me, the bits and pieces. 

I always do my best not to overplay singles before a release though but even then it doesn’t really ruin it for me. 
but lanas latest album releases just haven’t had the same appeal to me and I’m not so sure why (apart from this era but im still a bit baffled by that horrendous cover art..)

anyway if anyone reads this im sorry i got high then went to sleep and just woke up even though my meds are supposed to helo me stay asleep sksksksk

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

57 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

well I agree it was way worse with NFR but if i remember correctly, we had 2 Cherry snippets, 1 white mustang snippet, 2 summer bummer snippets, 1 groupie love snippet, 1 coachella acapella, 2-3 change snippets + roses bloom for you. that left several songs unheard, but still, it was a bit too much for me. i think that uploading only one snippet for TJF this time was the right thing to do :)

Let's Not be too nitpicky here.

The acapella version of Coachella and the song itself were both released long before the album tracklist was announced or a pre-order was up. At this time, everyone considered it a standalone single.

The Summer Bummer snippet was supershort and the song was released as a single anyway. I don't remember a Groupie Love snippet.

So the only album-tracks that got teased with snippets were Cherry (which was performed live BEFORE the snippet was posted), White Mustand and Change.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

25 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Let's Not be too nitpicky here.

The acapella version of Coachella and the song itself were both released long before the album tracklist was announced or a pre-order was up. At this time, everyone considered it a standalone single.

The Summer Bummer snippet was supershort and the song was released as a single anyway. I don't remember a Groupie Love snippet.

So the only album-tracks that got teased with snippets were Cherry (which was performed live BEFORE the snippet was posted), White Mustand and Change.

actually it wasn't, a black and white video with a cherry snippet was posted some time before the performance.

there was a groupie love snippet, though not from her instagram, but still, and quite long if i remember correctly

im just saying there were a lot of snippets before the songs (whether the singles or the others) were heard for the first time and i don't think it's great, i think it was detrimental to the experience of the album. here she hasn't done it except for that 8-second-long chemtrails snippet

i was thinking and i might not listen to white dress when/if it comes out.... i usually don't have the strenght to avoid snippets and singles before the album release but somehow i'm not hyped for it rn so it would be easier to resist. i'm really hyped for march 19th and i feel that the 26th is a bit too close to it, plus i did not overplay cocc and lmlylaw so hopefully it will still be relatively fresh-sounding and i'll be able to experience it first as 1 singular, united body of work rather than just a collection of songs. i guess i'll see in a few days :um3:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

22 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

actually it wasn't, a black and white video with a cherry snippet was posted some time before the performance.

there was a groupie love snippet, though not from her instagram, but still, and quite long if i remember correctly

im just saying there were a lot of snippets before the songs (whether the singles or the others) were heard for the first time and i don't think it's great, i think it was detrimental to the experience of the album. here she hasn't done it except for that 8-second-long chemtrails snippet

That was a rehearsal video, which she posted like a day before performing it.

If a short preview of a song really ruins your excitement, then that's probably not on behalf of the snippet. I get that her posting almost the entirety of Cinnamon Girl and HIAB in LQ snippets was not a good practice, but let's not be overdramatic here.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!