Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

39 minutes ago, Hannus said:

i was thinking and i might not listen to white dress when/if it comes out.... i usually don't have the strenght to avoid snippets and singles before the album release but somehow i'm not hyped for it rn so it would be easier to resist. i'm really hyped for march 19th and i feel that the 26th is a bit too close to it, plus i did not overplay cocc and lmlylaw so hopefully it will still be relatively fresh-sounding and i'll be able to experience it first as 1 singular, united body of work rather than just a collection of songs. i guess i'll see in a few days :um3:

I'll join you. My depression is hitting hard and I forgot about White Dress' release so I think I can hang on until the album comes out :w8ing:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

well I agree it was way worse with NFR but if i remember correctly, we had 2 Cherry snippets, 1 white mustang snippet, 2 summer bummer snippets, 1 groupie love snippet, 1 coachella acapella, 2-3 change snippets + roses bloom for you. that left several songs unheard, but still, it was a bit too much for me. i think that uploading only one snippet for TJF this time was the right thing to do :)

I think you’re right about the number of snippets. But to me, it’s not the number of snippets that bug me as much as what proportion of the song did we hear (looking at you, Cinnamon Girl) and how long before release did we hear them. It seems she started the teasing game with LFL in the spring before release as a promo thing maybe and it was not that much in advance. But damn NFR had at least 3 or 4 songs teased via snippets a good 8 months before release, Which made me believe it would be like LFL and that album was coming sooner than it did. 
i Love that we heard almost nothing of this album, except, again, that TJF was posted way too soon for my own comfort. But it could be just me haha.

Has anyone heard anything about WD having been uploaded on Spotify for a second before removal? It’s a rumour on some FB fan pages (if we think Twitter fans are awful, when it comes to trolls wanting to be interesting, FB groups are the worst). I didn’t see proofs of it, and nobody here is talking about it, so trolls probably. 

37 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

That was a rehearsal video, which she posted like a day before performing it.

If a short preview of a song really ruins your excitement, then that's probably not on behalf of the snippet. I get that her posting almost the entirety of Cinnamon Girl and HIAB in LQ snippets was not a good practice, but let's not be overdramatic here.

how is saying it's better to have NOT listened to anything from the song before it's available in full overdramatic?? once again, i know it's way worse in CG's case than in, say, California's case, but it doesn't mean both aren't "bad" in my opinion.

and that was a rehearsal video with the exact studio version as only sound so yeah basically a snippet.

2 hours ago, Rico25 said:

This album is so short omg but NFR is still "recent" and there have been other tracks thankfully

I was thinking the same, but the way I see it now: 

- 45 minutes of a coherent vision is awesome;

- Mojo's review made me think Chemtrails was the follow-up - sister album to NFR, so I'm curious to hear them back to back. If they are coherent with each other, it'll tell a two-hour story :D

21 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

how is saying it's better to have NOT listened to anything from the song before it's available in full overdramatic?? once again, i know it's way worse in CG's case than in, say, California's case, but it doesn't mean both aren't "bad" in my opinion.

and that was a rehearsal video with the exact studio version as only sound so yeah basically a snippet.

I mean - noone forces you to listen to them, so I don't see how a snippet is a bad thing. Outside of the stanculture it's pretty common to get an impression of something before hyping it :toofunny:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 hours ago, Eclipse said:

What's up with the waiting 'till the album, watching the music video with sound off stuff? Never hearing the singles before the album is out? Literally I've only seen this kind of behaviour with Lana fans. It's strange.

i listened to LMLYLAW and chemtrails when they first came out. then after awhile i stopped listening to them so they sound fresh. as for white dress, i'm not listening to her before the album ONLY because it's the album opener. the album opener is special because it's the first song on the album which tells you which way the record is going. i'd much rather have that first listen of white dress w the album for that reason. otherwise, if miss white dress wasn't the album opener and just a rando track, i would listen to her upon her release. just my thots. :clapback:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

3 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I got to thinking that I thought -

I personally enjoy listening to new albums start to finish, 100% unheard (or, at least, with no songs overplayed), because I like my first listen to be of the album as an entire body of work. I usually do that and, after a few listens, I go through and sort of unpack each song individually.

I've listened to LMLYLAW and COCC but I've not overplayed them, because with NFR, VB and MAC came out so early that they will never quite feel like part of that album to me and I didn't want the same feeling with COCC

Exactly the same here. If I already know songs, the experience of a new album feels sort of interrupted and I just wait for them to finish so I can listen to a song I haven't heard yet. It ruins the flow for me. 

I needed a long time to see (and feel) NFR as a cohesive album because of that, so it's no snippets for me (I only listened to TJF once) and singles in moderation. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I love snippets. While I like to be surprised, I also love knowing what to expect. It's common sense, if you're buying a product, you should be able to test it first or at least know more about it. 

You don't like snippets? That's okay too! NO ONE is forcing you to listen to them. I don't see Lanaboards not Lana herself pointing a gun at you, so... :facepalm:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Honestly first listens don’t have a huge impact on me because I’m still absorbing everything whether it’s a song or a full album, so I’m not really particular about hearing or not hearing songs before listening to an album. :blush3: Growing up I mostly just heard singles (and “fan favourite” non singles) on the radio or mixtapes, but that was my introduction to most artists. :whatever2: When I was older I listened to albums in full that had songs I loved on them, sometimes I’d even know half the album already, but now when I listen to those albums, I don’t think about it. It’s just one big experience now. :smokes2: But I’d also then check out other albums by those artists that had no songs I knew and I’d get to hear them completely fresh and I wouldn’t even know which songs were singles and that really is a refreshing experience. :um3: There’s pros and cons of both experiences, but for me, I find it no longer matters after you’ve fully absorbed the album and it becomes part of you. :spin: And if a single is released before an album, if it’s an artist I really care about (like Lana), I’m gonna listen to it right away instead of letting the internet spoil it for me. :agree: Plus Lana usually chooses more important songs as singles instead of just whatever’s the most commercial, so they usually work best as slow burns and deserve the time to really let them sink into your soul. :crying4: But then maybe that’s just me justifying having no self-control lol. Either way though, after hearing the album a hundred times, it won’t matter whether we listened to some songs first or not. :heart:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

i listened to almost ALL of lana's albums at once. with the exception of salvatore for honeymoon (and i honestly don't know why i listened to this before listening to the whole album) and a few offhand songs i heard not in the context of their albums, i've listened to most of her albums for the first time in a single, full listen.

that being said, i HAVE listened to chemtrails and lmlylaw as singles. i've already taken away the opportunity to listen to the album all at once, but frankly i don't really care. there are several albums i love where i've skipped around the songs and listened to some more than others, but the first time i listen to it as a whole is a completely different experience. i feel like even if i listen to singles ahead of time it doesn't take away from the experience, the feeling of LIVING it. i get not wanting to listen to the first track ahead of time, but one of the main reasons i want to listen to it is so i can converse with the besties on lb about it :blush3: 

the only people i'm surprised about swearing they won't listen to white dress are my fav frequenters of this thread...... like ma'am you've already listened to chemtrails AND lmlylaw, you love this thread and you have wonderful insights and conversations, and i would love to hear your input on white dress!!! and if nobody listens to it who am i going to talk to about it :cryney:

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

- Mojo's review made me think Chemtrails was the follow-up - sister album to NFR

why’s everybody surprised by that mojo mention tho? didnt lana herself already say it will be norman’s little brother (?) or sister album and that they’ll belong together when nfr came out ? 

1 hour ago, majunnkie said:

show the receipts to that :oprah3:

there are no receipts it’s just dumbass twitter stans saying cherry blossom is white dress (god are people dumb down there) and the other snippet is just the same ol’ cats in a sac on a highway full of echos from dbree thing :brandy: