Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, new gods said:

i wonder what her next sound will be, we've gotten hip-hopna, rockna, jazzna, trapna, folkna and now countryna 

i want her to explore something a little more electronic down the road

i know she can pull something cool off in a way that isn't generic 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

theory ive been cookin up in the crockpot: wasnt there an interview where she said "my siblings are on the record" and we thought she meant like she name drops them in the song? Yeah well i think she meant the art work. I think that the original concept was the Neil cover as the front, and chuck and charlie on the back w the tracklist. I also think the delay came from her going back and forth with the group shot that we ended up with and then the alternate one.

Personally i think the standard cover art would have made for a PERFECT alternate cover art. I know yall threw a fit over the NFR one, but her alt covers aren't supposed to top or come close to the standard! they are just a fun alternate take that still fits the aesthetic (UV red nails ripped jeans, clearly nothing special compared to the standard, but its still a fun little thing for the fans). The only one that was neck and neck with the standard cover art was Honeymoon. I really think she dropped the ball with the shot she went with for the standard. and not just because its "ugly"....  there was just something SO poetically satisfying about Chemtrails and Norman being sibling albums and sort of antithesis of each other. NFR hand outstretched, accompanied by someone, eyes looking directly at the audience, on the ocean, lots going on somewhat chaotic....then chemtrails, arms behind back (the general public had recently bit her so shes apprehensive now), eyes looking down and away, all by herself, in mountain terrain (opposite of the ocean), and very tranquil and minimalist, very peaceful .....ugh SO perfect I still cant believe it didn't happen.

I am glad that the alternate cover art is getting WAY more shine that her UO alternates in the past. Usually only superfans knew about them or used them as reference, however i feel like the GP has been very exposed to the alternate, Jimmy Fallon posting it, her managers posting it, on Last.fm the alt cover is her artist pic, so its not like its some obsolete version only us super fans know of !

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

i want her to explore something a little more electronic down the road

i know she can pull something cool off in a way that isn't generic 

i want a true psychedelic record from her, something very the flaming lips inspired with hazy guitars and synths. an entire record of west coast and venice bitch :smokeney:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 minutes ago, new gods said:

i want a true psychedelic record from her, something very the flaming lips inspired with hazy guitars and synths. an entire record of west coast and venice bitch :smokeney:

amen! This is my fave sound for her. 

But did I understand wrong , but did she say in her Mojo interview that she has like TWO country cover albums? PLUS the folk one?!? If so, I better say farewell to my West Coast and Venice Bitch type of songs :toofloppy:

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

amen! This is my fave sound for her. 

But did I understand wrong , but did she say in her Mojo interview that she has like TWO country cover albums? PLUS the folk one?!? If so, I better say farewell to my West Coast and Venice Bitch type of songs :toofloppy:

I'm quoting myself lol i know, but... 
I dont hate country if it sounds like the twang guitar in Wait For Life. 

I’ve asked this before and my answer was probably lost in the shuffle but since it’s dead and everyone is bored I might as well get my answer now, lol

has eclipse heard the record or just the singles? 

also I’m now at work and Lana generally likes to post things in the evening when I’m at work to help get me through an abysmally slow shift, so announcement coming in the next few hours sweeties :kiss2:

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I’ve asked this before and my answer was probably lost in the shuffle but since it’s dead and everyone is bored I might as well get my answer now, lol

has eclipse heard the record or just the singles? 

also I’m now at work and Lana generally likes to post things in the evening when I’m at work to help get me through an abysmally slow shift, so announcement coming in the next few hours sweeties :kiss2:

last he told us, he only heard the singles 

but the other day he told us the lyrics to TJF aren’t “don’t be afraid of our love” 

so he’s either heard more the record, or he at least has gotten submitted lyrics 

"Don’t forget me"

About the White Dress release, I really do think it is coming on Friday and I honestly think the reason why Lana isn't making any announcements is because she knows that one website listed it as being released on the 26th 

And she knows that we know so she doesn't see a point in announcing it until its out :smokes3: