Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

tbh if you haven't heard something you're not really missing it because it hasn't really entered your mind, i think if i heard the snippets i would be dying right now

anyway still lowkey bummed about the 11 tracks but im still manifesting a deluxe :sass:

also on another note i predicted this album would end corona and now clubs are reopening here in June :beyonce:

cant wait to ask the dj to play let me love u like a woman :trisha:

LMFAO ?

the Cedric Gervais remix

pass me my vape.

2 hours ago, Lentilus said:

She still hangs out with Nikki Lane and Zella Day!They're kinda famous :oopna:

I could trip over one of these girls on the street and have no clue

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

On 2/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, ShadesOfFool said:

In my head, I feel like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are kind of two halves of a whole experience. 

while she said Ultraviolence doesn’t have a specific narrative or through-line, the themes are consistent. It’s an album dripping with depression, heartbreak, drugs, and passion. There are some brighter moments (Brooklyn Baby and West Coast aren’t necessarily dark and broody) but those are just kind of cute songs. As a whole, this album is very dark and moody. It feels like a highlight reel of some of the worst moments in her life: estrangement and breakup with Barrie, abusive relationship in New York, looking back at failed relationships, her bad experiences in the industry, and a dependency on drugs and alcohol throughout. 

So if we take Ultraviolence as descending to her emotional rock bottom, I look at its follow up Honeymoon as her just kind of dwelling in that rock bottom, if that makes sense. I’m not gonna say she starts to look upward, cause tbh she doesn’t until Lust for Life (which is the whole point of that album). But the protagonist of Honeymoon is definitely a woman who is at her lowest. 

If Ultraviolence was a summation of her trauma and her sorrow, Honeymoon is her self-medication in their wake. Honeymoon carries similar themes to UV, but presents them almost in the past tense. She’s no longer singing about losing her baby, she’s singing about how she’s living since she’s lost him. He’s already gone. Now, she’s just fantasizing of a honeymoon she’ll never go on, listening to music and daydreaming while she people watches. She just wants to run away from her problems and get high by the beach. She has a new romantic interest, who she just wants to run away with, but the depression is still hovering over her. Despite the temporary highs she describes (drugs, sex, partying), she still feels like she doesn’t matter to anyone, she’s unlovable, and that she has nothing left to live for. 

so yes that’s my ramble on thematic/narrative connection between Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. 

Smoking my good weed and I have more to say! 

So after her life went up in flames on Ultraviolence and she just sat in the ashes on Honeymoon, Lust for Life definitely seems like a genuine effort to claw her way out of that dark place. 

I think the entire album hinges on a promise she made to herself. While previously, her attitude was very dependent on drugs and men (she had a very “please don’t leave me!!” thing going on) I genuinely believe she resolved to break those bad habits. While I could never say what the exact resolution she made was, there definitely seems to be a greater emphasis on her individualism and perhaps working on her self esteem. For much of her adult life, she appears to have been trapped in a cycle of abuse and dependency, both by substances, depression, and men. 

On Get Free, talks about freeing herself from her demons, both those inside her mind and those around her. She dedicates this mission to Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston, two women notoriously ruined by drugs and toxic relationships, who Lana probably feels are kindred spirits. On Change, she talks about, well, change inside herself and vows to be kinder to herself and others. 

she had a very dark worldview, likely due to her own depression and the trauma inflicted upon her by others, but she definitely seemed a bit more even keeled and sometimes downright sunny. Love, Lust for Life, God Bless America, When the World Was At War, etc...these are songs about finding the good in the bad. Instead of her problems consuming her, she chooses to see the beauty in them. 

Likewise with romance, she no longer seems obsessed with her man. She was very much conditioned to be dependent on a man for love, security, and money, and on this album, she seems to be forsaking these ideals. She’s no longer wrapped around her man’s finger, it’s quite the opposite. Summer Bummer, Cherry, Groupie Love...she now plays the temptress. She still adores her man, but she can live without him. In My Feelings, White Mustang, Tomorrow Never Came...she’s (gracefully) kicking these men to the curb once she sees their true colors, not continuing to chase after them like she might’ve done years ago. Geralt had her FUCKED UP, so she put his ass out. That’s strength! That’s character development! 

It’s not to say her life is perfect, she’s still plagued by intrusive fame and her depression and heartbreak didn’t magically disappear overnight, but she’s putting in the work. It’s an uphill battle and she is facing it head on for the first time. Heroin features a lot of grief and heartbreak that was weighing down on her, but she faces it, puts it to rest, and keeps on swimming. 

so yes that’s my evening ramble. Lust for Life introduced us to Lana Del Rey 2.0, put some respect on that album! 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

The profile pic and name, I can tell you have good taste ma’am 

Tropico is my main bitch. The others are side hoes 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m so tired. She knows we all were waiting for WD. Even though she didn’t mention the date in the first place, she could’ve cleared that up now. ?