Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

If David fucking Lynch directed a music video for Lana idek what i'd do honestly, my two favourite artists working together - it would truly be a collapse for me and idk how i'd get up

7 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random but I honestly feel like Breaking Up Slowly could surprise us. The “I don’t want to end up like Tammy Wynette” line revealed by Mojo wasn’t included in the brief performance (as far as I know), and I think it has the potential to be a really pretty—even if simple—ballad. 

I don’t anticipate it being in my Top 5 from COCC, but I have a feeling the studio version will be a bit more poignant and put-together 

completely agree, i totally dont get the random hate towards it, it sounded pretty to me and the studio version im sure will be an underrated classic piece

1 hour ago, HighbytheSea said:

I..can't even add to this. Such insight. Especially in your mention of individual actions being well intentioned (now in the class this was directly applied to the German population that stood by during the holocaust, a multifaceted argument full of grey circumstances in its own right) but I do believe alot of Lana's hurt has come from people who didn't set out to be villains,and that's why we relate so much (dear God let no one interpret this as me comparing a woman's personal plight to the suffering of millions of innocent souls, cus that's not what I mean!!)

As we all grow older with her, the scorn of the moment has turned to the bittersweet nostalgia of yesterday. A chance not to look at your past with rose colored glasses, but a reverence of understanding and longing-maybe to do it right in your head, maybe just to say goodbye to it, but regardless- she is one of the best at taking a moment, and holding it in a light that transcends each form of time, past, present, and future. To serenade something not yet broken, yet shattered ages ago. This is why we love her.

Well said, just amazing. I just realized how much I do that, subconsciously even. Now that I'm older too, I wonder how differently I'll interpret her upcoming album ?

12 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

completely agree, i totally dont get the random hate towards it, it sounded pretty to me and the studio version im sure will be an underrated classic piece

I was not that excited for that song cause it sounds country/folk but I just broke up with my boyfriend and I’m looking forward to this song the most :crying4:

Anyway, WD is definitely coming this week. I hope she releases it on Monday

nF70D0F.png

39 minutes ago, yayowen said:

If David fucking Lynch directed a music video for Lana idek what i'd do honestly, my two favourite artists working together - it would truly be a collapse for me and idk how i'd get up

I wonder if Lynch has ever listened to Lana. He would def vibe with a lot of her work.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

33 minutes ago, Venice said:

Well said, just amazing. I just realized how much I do that, subconsciously even. Now that I'm older too, I wonder how differently I'll interpret her upcoming album ?

It's addicting, to Supercut your past, but we all reach a point where the past is most definitely the past, it's chapters written and book long closed. A certain finality to a portion of life we've all lived. I think Lana is really gonna hone in on this in these next years. When she was 23,25-she was so young- as we all were- that to frame experiences and moments in a beautiful, retro format that crystallizes the purity of the portrayed era (not so much the decade itself but it's Hollywood emotions) was a fantastic way to show that. Simplicity in things past. But like we've all basically had to do as we grow, and face this year, she now has a past of her own to reframe and reformat what she interprets as her past/present/future. Her own crystal ball of memories and experiences. I can't wait to see what else this record holds for us.

39 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Lana to eat SHIT off the floor for White Dress confirmed!

not scatpocalypse leading up to this 

figuratively lanita mamacita did eat shit during rehearsals tho :heidi: 

That reminds me! She did say her arm cast would make an appearance in White Dress, I’m manifesting that it will be bedazzled :legend:

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

1 hour ago, lanabanana11 said:

finally you guys are coming around

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

can anyone explain the whole body double thing? i must’ve missed something. how do y’all know it’s a body double in the video? and do we know why she’s using a body double? 

RVhKIwP.gif

3 minutes ago, May said:

can anyone explain the whole body double thing? i must’ve missed something. how do y’all know it’s a body double in the video? and do we know why she’s using a body double? 

She said she fractured her arm before filming

i never thought i'd feel hot and iconic doing everyday household chores or making my bed.... but here we are. lana truly has made washing my hair and doing the laundry iconic again :gurl:

4 minutes ago, May said:

we suspect its a body double because of someone she follows (? there's more specifics on that on this thread i think around the time she posted the photo teasers), they don't look like they're wearing a cast, it doesn't look exactly like lana. so we don't know for sure but people have basically concluded its a body double and lana might be in different shots not skating. she fractured her arm after all :bebe:

sUcVobB.png