Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I feel like Jack’s production, it’s almost as if he’s imitating what he thinks an average Lana Del Rey song should sound like.  Then he waters it down and adds some piano maybe a fancy outro. He doesn’t do a bad job.. but he doesn’t add anything extraordinary either, so Lana definitely needs to move on from him after COCC.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

https://fnd.io/#/us/song/1545567748-white-dress-by-lana-del-rey

Released 5 days ago (2/26/2021)

I hate living in the wrong dimension 

tenor.gif

the lana del rey fandom being transported to an alternate dimension the minute before white dress was released tenor.gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I will keep my mouth shut once again for the sanity and peace of this forum...:oprah3:

I wonder what the reviewer meant about the vocals of Not All Who Wander are Lost.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I will keep my mouth shut once again for the sanity and peace of this forum...:oprah3:

I wonder what the reviewer meant about the vocals of Not All Who Wander are Lost.

He meant that they are amazing, beautiful, spectacular, gorgeous, incredible, original, groundbreaking, show stopping, never done before :sass:

7 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

i just imagine kind of early lizzy high vocals, trembly, but maybe a little stronger. high pitched and kind of warbly, like a songbird, soothing, like squeaking but rounder and fuller. if that makes sense... i never know what i'm saying :blush3:

i'm writing this while listening to you're gonna love me a capella demo and i kind of imagine the super high parts where she goes youre gonna loveeee meeee to be similar. but i could be very wrong... it's just what comes to mind because i'm listening to it

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

They described it as a “sky-high trill” & being reminiscent of Cinderella (if I remember correctly), and while that’s probably subjective, I would imagine it might sound like the airy vocals on the bridge to In My Feelings with a more endearing tone. We’ll see!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

i just imagine kind of early lizzy high vocals, trembly, but maybe a little stronger. high pitched and kind of warbly, like a songbird, soothing, like squeaking but rounder and fuller. if that makes sense... i never know what i'm saying :blush3:

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

They described it as a “sky-high trill” & being reminiscent of Cinderella (if I remember correctly), and while that’s probably subjective, I would imagine it might sound like the airy vocals on the bridge to In My Feelings with a more endearing tone. We’ll see!!

The way I was expecting it to be a six/seven minute moody, meandering track that will be the successor to "The Blackest Day" and "Heroin" :trisha: I'll take it, I suppose

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I love this description—it almost makes me think of how I think of the high notes in her cover of You Must Love Me!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

This is my sixth era as a stan and for the very first time I don't want to listen to any leak, not even the day before when its already released in New Zeland, because it just feels so dirty! Ew! 

The fact that the only album-oriented IG posts she's made since announcing the album in early January was 1 COCC video post and 3 White Dress teasers. She hasn't even mentioned the album since January 11, almost 2 months ago ddddd. 

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

The fact that the only album-oriented IG posts she's made since announcing the album in early January was 1 COCC video post and 3 White Dress teasers. She hasn't even mentioned the album since January 12 ddddd. 

and we WILL be streaming it since she seems like she couldn't care less :oprah3:

it's possible that "not all who wander are lost" could be similar to a classic disney movie, like cinderella or snow white, considering the fact that it's produced by jack antonoff, it'll likely have a naturistic, organic, acoustic vibe, so it could be similar to her beautiful cover of "chet baker" which is sweet and whimsical, yet still acoustic

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

it's possible that "not all who wander are lost" could be similar to a classic disney film, like cinderella or snow white, considering the fact that it's produced by jack antonoff, it'll likely have a naturistic, organic, acoustic vibe, so it could be similar to her beautiful cover of "chet baker" which is sweet and whimsical, yet still acoustic

This is what I'm expecting and I looove it so much. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes is my favorite Disney princess song. It's so dreamy. That's the first thing that came to my mind when they described it.

me practicing my yeehaw in preparation for Wild at Heart (while washing my hair and doing the laundry)

E17KHmd.gif

14 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I feel like they were comparing it more to like how when Cinderella sings with the birds and it’s like she’s singing like a bird with like a high airy trills, like vocal acrobats.

Ahhhhh so excited to hear it

5 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

This is what I'm expecting and I looove it so much. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes is my favorite Disney princess song. It's so dreamy. That's the first thing that came to my mind when they described it.

Literally what I imagine lanas vocals on white dress’s chorus will be like!

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

19 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

it's possible that "not all who wander are lost" could be similar to a classic disney movie, like cinderella or snow white, considering the fact that it's produced by jack antonoff, it'll likely have a naturistic, organic, acoustic vibe, so it could be similar to her beautiful cover of "chet baker" which is sweet and whimsical, yet still acoustic

i was JUST listening to her chet baker cover, i hope the acoustic, country-er, sweet, etc songs on this record have the same feeling... it's just so gorgeous :crying4:

she does folkier, more "country", acoustic track so well. she does a million things well so it's not surprising, but anyways i'm really not worried at all about the sound and overall atmosphere of chemtrails not working or being weird with her voice

sUcVobB.png

i was JUST listening to chet baker, i hope the acoustic, country-er, sweet, etc songs on this record have the same feeling... it's just so gorgeous :crying4:

cuz chet baker's playin' TRRRUUMPET ALONE... FOR YOOUUU NLRXfWG.gif

this album is going to be so vulnerable, luscious, & gorgeous :crying4:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i kind of imagine this for NAWWAL, i know the reviewer said cinderella or something but whenever i think of sky high trills and princesses i think of aurora :wowcry: but obviously less princessy and there won't be any princes or animals... unless niko and topanga or jack/clay have surprise features

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

this album is going to be so vulnerable, luscious, & gorgeous :crying4:

YES these descriptors exactly, this is a perfect image... a vulnerable, sweet, lush, rich, gorgeous, thrilling yet soothing masterpiece

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i kind of imagine this for NAWWAL, i know the reviewer said cinderella or something but whenever i think of sky high trills and princesses i think of aurora :wowcry: but obviously less princessy and there won't be any princes or animals... unless niko and topanga or jack/clay have surprise features

Reveal hidden contents

YES these descriptors exactly, this is a perfect imagine... a vulnerable, sweet, lush, rich, gorgeous, thrilling yet soothing masterpiece

Oh God but it would be so magical and adorable if there were little animals noises, and something that sounds like fairy dust and the sound of water falling into a fountain or a lake full of mermaids... is it too much to ask for? 

16 minutes ago, honeybadger said:
  Hide contents

i also want to add somewhere over the rainbow to this list... where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops is where you'll fiiiiind me :crying4:

Spoiler

anyways i'm going down a music and theorizing hole, cocc is sucking me up...but with the whole "wandering" idea and wizard of oz costume and hints etc etc...

i feel like a little wizard of oz somewhere over the rainbow, somewhere i'll be happy, there's somewhere i'll go where i won't be blue, somewhere imagined, but maybe possible to reach, and she's wandering for it, but knows where she's headed - not all who wander are lost - would work really well on this record

10 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

Oh God but it would be so magical and adorable if there were little animals noises, and something that sounds like fairy dust and the sound of water falling into a fountain or a lake full of mermaids... is it too much to ask for? 

UGH giving me bel air 2.0 but with more mystery and fantasy... i love it. this would be absolutely beautiful... soft atmospheric twinkling, almost like TLY twinkles, and very soft subtle birds, water, nature sounds to fill out the sound :sadcore3:

sUcVobB.png