Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

7 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

Oh God but it would be so magical and adorable if there were little animals noises, and something that sounds like fairy dust and the sound of water falling into a fountain or a lake full of mermaids... is it too much to ask for? 

i love music that's reminiscent of nature, and the beauty of our universe, there's something so psychedelic, familiar, and universal about it, i feel that way about a lot of the "ldrakalg" album, i hope cotcc has a similar vibe, the fact that yosemite was described as "acoustic" and a "return to nature" is very promising! i also feel this way about the title track, there's this specific vibe, of a bright summer morning, with a bright blue sky, and bright green grass, it's nostalgic, summery, and peaceful :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

This may seem crazy but watch this whole video. Driving in the car reminds me of the Summertime video. Around the pool at the end reminds me of Chemtrails. The roller skating reminds me of White Dress. And there is Lana hair with a flower. 

1 minute ago, FredRed said:

This may seem crazy but watch this whole video. Driving in the car reminds me of the Summertime video. Around the pool at the end reminds me of Chemtrails. The roller skating reminds me of White Dress. And there is Lana hair with a flower. 

all restaurants serve food, just not the same flavors teaaaas

UV/Honeymoon

4 minutes ago, FredRed said:

the part with the bathtub and bubbles reminds me of the interview mag video... and she's washing her hair.... truly the blueprint for this era

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i love music that's reminiscent of nature, and the beauty of our universe, there's something so psychedelic, familiar, and universal about it, i feel that way about a lot of the "ldrakalg" album, i hope cotcc has a similar vibe, the fact that yosemite was described as "acoustic" and a "return to nature" is very promising! i also feel this way about the title track, there's this specific vibe, of a bright summer morning, with a bright blue sky, and bright green grass, it's nostalgic, summery, and peaceful :flutter: 

I feel the same way about the title track. I am also a person who's very connected with her childhood and I love this kind of songs that remains me of that purity and naivety. 

18 minutes ago, FredRed said:

this music video is iconic and it's such a lizzy grant kitschy vibe, it's quite interesting how it's similar to this era, with the swimming pool, and the rollerskating, but the cotcc aesthetic is a little more refined and subdued, not as bright and campy, i'd love to see a colorful, surfy aesthetic for a future project, something that's very 80s, 90s, & y2k :heart: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 minutes ago, daddyauerbach said:

shes really busy ... doing things ...

like ghosting haley so she doesn't have to contribute vocals to eat for free... and fucking in an igloo in alaska :hype:

i mean to look at it in a positive light... the silence and mystery is making me more excited for chemtrails because we really don't know what most tracks sound like AT ALL.

i also like to tell myself that she's quiet because it's a subtle, quiet release for her most vulnerable, beautiful, heartbreaking, soul searching magnum opus

sUcVobB.png

i just hope we get a lyric as iconic as "throw me round like a hot potato, if you want the butter then say so"...

white dress strange lyrics = more random food references? ice cream, cherry pie, pepsi cola, cherry coke, classic white milkshake.... the entirety of it is just her reading a menu... day of the life of a waitress :xcry:

sUcVobB.png

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i just hope we get a lyric as iconic as "throw me round like a hot potato, if you want the butter then say so"...

white dress strange lyrics = more random food references? ice cream, cherry pie, pepsi cola, cherry coke, classic white milkshake.... the entirety of it is just her reading a menu... day of the life of a waitress :xcry:

lana del rey is the queen of referencing junk food, nobody else can do it like her :oprah3:

i want a lyric as unique & evocative as "you look like a florida native, are you? i said, at the rate of, slow molasses from the state of vermont with a southern drawl" it's such a beautiful lyric, an all-time favorite of mine :xcry: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123