Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Well yeah, and there aren't many album artists nowadays.

I think that's a pretty biased assumption. Not in  mainstream pop, nah, most huge artist in that genre release a lot of singles because that works best with Streaming.

But a lot of alternative/ indie pop artists, aswell as artists from other genres like folk, blues, and certain subcategories of rock are still really focussed on albums.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

7 minutes ago, CHIPCHROME said:

I can’t possibly see the logic behind LMLYLAW as a single, I’m sorry. Terrible choice. It falls so flat and will only sound good in the context of the album.

Listened twice 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

She probably decided to scrap the whole music video for white dress and reshoot it knowing Lana.  But I get confused by the lack of transparency...as if she’s Beyoncé or something. Nobody really cares about her dropping music accept us, she’s not really a chart artist. So I don’t understand all the secrecy, not like she’s coming for a hot 100 number 1. She could drop it any time, any day and the result would be the same. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, uvbabe said:

Not you and me trying to cheer everyone up lol I feel like Wild at Heart will be something very different from what she's ever done before and we are going to be surprised! 

i'm also very excited for wild at heart, i reread the mojo article just now and a few quotes really stood out to me:

• "Wild At Heart and the title track (...) hint at something unattainable."
  • "Hence country twangs (on Wild At Heart and Nikki Lane duet Breaking Up Slowly)"

i'm super interested to see how the themes from chemtrails and wild at heart connect, i feel like based on the title alone i can feel how the wildness of each track would intertwine! wild at heart gives me red car, flying through the clouds, ivy and vines, valleys and plains, running through the fields sort of energy

• "Not All Who Wander Are Lost – a song whose sky-high trill reminds Del Rey of 'Cinderella in the movie where she's holding the blue-bird' – romanticises wanderlust."

also this part, i was thinking about it more after linking a bunch of aurora songs and somewhere over the rainbow yesterday as a similar vibe – i know this isn't cinderella but cinderella doesn't actually sing that high i'm pretty sure... :bebe: so maybe she was thinking more like this with the bluebird

Spoiler

and naturally because i love to share and the post is already long and annoying enough :lanahairflip:... some other quotes that stand out to me:

Spoiler

"If For Free is the record's presiding spirit, you can also feel the vibrations of Mitchell's Cactus Tree, a song that acknowledges the hard work of 'being free' – shedding compromise, swerving control."

"Dark But Just A Game is so her to me... fly down the rabbit hole and smile in the same breath." (giving me alice in wonderland thank you jack)

"Chemtrails over the Country Club appears to reveal a more vulnerable Del Rey: lighter on the LA menance, more innocently emotional: 'We did it for fun/We did it for free,' she sings sweetly on the song Yosemite, 'we did it for the right reasons.' It's an album that looks at the road ahead, but also, back to where she's come from, making her strongest connection yet with her antecendents."

"That looseness – a willingness to wander – feels more present on Chemtrails than previous albums, yet she insists it has been 'so much harder than any other record I've made."

"Del Rey has long used Los Angeles to colour and contour her songs. But Chemtrails roves further – Tulsa, Nebraska, Florida – a fitting backcloth for a record about freedom in a world where everything has a price."

"and a tentative reorientation away from manicured lawns and towards wilder terrain: Yosemite, and the storied canyons of L.A."

sUcVobB.png

Yall i remember when September 5th came around and no album, left wondering how long it was gonna be til we got any info, but now were finally at the last stretch? I know were all here cause lanas music is special to us in one way or another, and i cant wait for the collective meltdown the second the album drops! Ive liked a few of her songs growing up but i really fell in love right before the lust for life era started, and its hard cuz not everyone listens to her so i cant always bump to her around my friends so its nice to have you guys to talk to! HERES TO COCCCCCCCCCCCC

some of y'all girlies really have me contemplating infinite alternate universes in the chemtrails over the country club pre-release thread: out march 19th 2021

giphy.gif

sending thoughts & prayers to alternate reality me where LiB, Thunder and ITTJ never leaked :trisha:

sending all hate and negativity to alternate me where dealer wasn't rudely & maniacally removed from the tracklist :trisha:

patrick being a little slutty and fun

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

anyways:tommy: imagine nothing happening on 19th.... the collapse

:lmao: 

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I’ll start a #LanaDelReyIsOver party on Twitter and y’all will be invited :oop:

Lanarat.png

10 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i'm also very excited for wild at heart, i reread the mojo article just now and a few quotes really stood out to me:

• "Wild At Heart and the title track (...) hint at something unattainable."
  • "Hence country twangs (on Wild At Heart and Nikki Lane duet Breaking Up Slowly)"

i'm super interested to see how the themes from chemtrails and wild at heart connect, i feel like based on the title alone i can feel how the wildness of each track would intertwine! wild at heart gives me red car, flying through the clouds, ivy and vines, valleys and plains, running through the fields sort of energy

• "Not All Who Wander Are Lost – a song whose sky-high trill reminds Del Rey of 'Cinderella in the movie where she's holding the blue-bird' – romanticises wanderlust."

also this part, i was thinking about it more after linking a bunch of aurora songs and somewhere over the rainbow yesterday as a similar vibe – i know this isn't cinderella but cinderella doesn't actually sing that high i'm pretty sure... :bebe: so maybe she was thinking more like this with the bluebird

Hide contents

and naturally because i love to share and the post is already long and annoying enough :lanahairflip:... some other quotes that stand out to me:

Hide contents

"If For Free is the record's presiding spirit, you can also feel the vibrations of Mitchell's Cactus Tree, a song that acknowledges the hard work of 'being free' – shedding compromise, swerving control."

"Dark But Just A Game is so her to me... fly down the rabbit hole and smile in the same breath." (giving me alice in wonderland thank you jack)

"Chemtrails over the Country Club appears to reveal a more vulnerable Del Rey: lighter on the LA menance, more innocently emotional: 'We did it for fun/We did it for free,' she sings sweetly on the song Yosemite, 'we did it for the right reasons.' It's an album that looks at the road ahead, but also, back to where she's come from, making her strongest connection yet with her antecendents."

"That looseness – a willingness to wander – feels more present on Chemtrails than previous albums, yet she insists it has been 'so much harder than any other record I've made."

"Del Rey has long used Los Angeles to colour and contour her songs. But Chemtrails roves further – Tulsa, Nebraska, Florida – a fitting backcloth for a record about freedom in a world where everything has a price."

"and a tentative reorientation away from manicured lawns and towards wilder terrain: Yosemite, and the storied canyons of L.A."

Loved this post. I can't fucking wait but still I'm going to sit here, drink tea and wait peacefully knowing she has a masterpiece coming, and it will free us all. 

Let Me Love You Like A Woman reminds me a lot of Love Song, and i think they do serve better as album tracks than singles, also I assume that, just like Love Song, Woman isn't exactly a defining track when you listen to the whole record.

But honestly, I'm kinda glad that she didn't release most of the album's standout tracks before its release like she did on NFR or UV's cycles. Imo, the best songs on those records were released before the album (MAC, Venice Bitch, The Greatest) (Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast).

This time with Chemtrails it reminds me more of Honeymoon or Lust For Life, when the singles released before the album were cute, but as we actually listened to the whole record many other amazing album tracks were clearly the standouts (The Blackest Day, Religion, Salvatore) (Get Free, Heroin, 13 Beaches).

Wy8jf2U.jpg

17 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

y'all are going to appreciate LMLYLAW so much more within the context of the album, don't even @ me

giphy.gif

'LMLYLAW' just sounds like any other song on 'NFR!', like it's not bad it's just flavourless. Whether or not we need "context" to appreciate the song more, it's not going to change the fact that the song itself is just pretty boring and almost entirely forgettable in the context of her entire discography. :scoff:

38 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Wow time is moving so fast, that OG comment does not feel like it was TWO weeks ago. And we’re only two weeks from the album :defeated:

We’re so close and it’s going so fast 

"Don’t forget me"