Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh Yes, the people who went to college and studied music who today write for Pitchfork, The Guardian, so on and so forth, have absolutly no taste. And you, with active profiles on lanaboards, do understand music in its whole to defy the dumb critics! Got it!

yeah because you need to go to college and study music to form an opinion on music... 

and you also have an active profile on lanaboards so if that's meant to be a drag then i dont know what to tell u 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Consequence of Sound - UV 100 - NFR! 91

Entertaniment Weekly - UV 100 - NFR! 75

Sputnik Music - UV 86 - NFR! 68

Spin - UV 80 - NFR! 80

NOW Magazine - UV 80 - NFR! 100

All Music - UV 80 - NFR! 90

Pop Matters - UV 80 - NFR! 90

DIY - UV 80 - NFR! 90

The Guardian - UV 80 - NFR! 60

Los Angeles Time - UV 75 - NFR! 80

Pitchfork - UV 71 - NFR! 94

No Ripcord - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Rolling Stone - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Music OMH - UV 70 - NFR! 90

And the list goes on...

Critics who "trashed" (they didn't) UV and praised NFR! are Mojo (UV 60 - NFR! 100), NME (UV 60 - NFR! 100), The Independent (UV 60 - NFR! 80), The Observer (UV 60 - NFR! 80), Chicago Tribute (UV 50 - NFR! 70), A.V. Club (UV 45 - NFR! 75)... and then there are critics who trashed Ultraviolence and didn't even bother to review later albums, including Norman. The Telegraph gave both album a 60.

So y'all better get your facts right and stop with this "critics all agreed to praise NFR!" conspiracy. Those who've always liked her kept on liking her and loving and understanding her music more with each release... then you obviously have critics who didn't like her past work and now praise her, but simply because they didn't think her past music was good, which is okay... and then you have critics who always trashed her and still trash her to death, not even bothering to understand the music.

NFR! was praised because it's, as LDR said, so good there's nothing not to like about it. She just gets  better and better (in the studio at least). Critics were shook. The GP was shook. There isn't anything sketchy behind its praise.

So Chemtrails will receive great reviews from supporting critics and hopefully it's good enough to convince those who still doubt her. I'm expecting something between 80 and 90 tbh. :kiss3:

The way you used precisely the colors and made your point :defeated:

Anyway, I am SO excited! I can’t wait to cry and laugh and get emotional and cry and scream and cry again over the COCC ITSELF :trisha::crying2::crying::lange:

Weird but I hope I'll like COCC better than NFR! because I think I'm more excited for it than I was for Norman (thanks to the fact that we thought it'd never come out)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

5 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

yosemite the worst song on the album? 

so U want both of us banned today

I predict that DBJAG will end my life. It will be that good!

the title alone is great, but the description of sounding similar to Portishead.... :crai:

please have mercy on my ears & soul, Lana!

12 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh Yes, the people who went to college and studied music who today write for Pitchfork, The Guardian, so on and so forth, have absolutly no taste. And you, with active profiles on lanaboards, do understand music in its whole to defy the dumb critics! Got it!

um

yes actually, you are correct! 

if they are a well respected critic with years of experience, sure. Now, if it is a 25 year old with a journalism and art history degree from a state school working freelance for 5 publications (which a lot are), then their opinion is as valid as a member of stan Twitter,  I.e it is completely invalid. 

11 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

He thought he ate this, I’m pissing

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

15 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

so just cause somebody paid $60k for a degree to criticize music we’re supposed to care about their opinion? anyone can be a critic nowadays just look at anthony fantano 

OT: i have a feeling DBJAG will be similar to serene queen, we love a witchy track :diva: 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

friendly reminder that what is considered "good music" is ultimately subjective so even if you went to school to study music it really doesn't mean anything because their critique is based off their own personal opinion and an opinion is not a fact :nails: 

WGe8ynS.gif

35 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Consequence of Sound - UV 100 - NFR! 91

Entertaniment Weekly - UV 100 - NFR! 75

Sputnik Music - UV 86 - NFR! 68

Spin - UV 80 - NFR! 80

NOW Magazine - UV 80 - NFR! 100

All Music - UV 80 - NFR! 90

Pop Matters - UV 80 - NFR! 90

DIY - UV 80 - NFR! 90

The Guardian - UV 80 - NFR! 60

Los Angeles Time - UV 75 - NFR! 80

Pitchfork - UV 71 - NFR! 94

No Ripcord - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Rolling Stone - UV 70 - NFR! 90

Music OMH - UV 70 - NFR! 90

And the list goes on...

Critics who "trashed" (they didn't) UV and praised NFR! are Mojo (UV 60 - NFR! 100), NME (UV 60 - NFR! 100), The Independent (UV 60 - NFR! 80), The Observer (UV 60 - NFR! 80), Chicago Tribute (UV 50 - NFR! 70), A.V. Club (UV 45 - NFR! 75)... and then there are critics who trashed Ultraviolence and didn't even bother to review later albums, including Norman. The Telegraph gave both album a 60.

So y'all better get your facts right and stop with this "critics all agreed to praise NFR!" conspiracy. Those who've always liked her kept on liking her and loving and understanding her music more with each release... then you obviously have critics who didn't like her past work and now praise her, but simply because they didn't think her past music was good, which is okay... and then you have critics who always trashed her and still trash her to death, not even bothering to understand the music.

NFR! was praised because it's, as LDR said, so good there's nothing not to like about it. She just gets  better and better (in the studio at least). Critics were shook. The GP was shook. There isn't anything sketchy behind its praise.

So Chemtrails will receive great reviews from supporting critics and hopefully it's good enough to convince those who still doubt her. I'm expecting something between 80 and 90 tbh. 

Well I wasn't shook. The album is still very middle-of-the-road for me, sucky production/mastering, palatable lyrics; disappointing, homemade/DIY visuals and so on. I guess this belongs to the "Unpopular opinions" thread, but I think that 'NFR!' is overrated, not a bad album, but like praising it as being the album in which Lana is on top of her art and she pushed the boundaries of music making and lyricism is absolutely hilarious to me.

I also like how you think that 70 out of 100, while a respectable score, is like saying the album was rated as "great", whereas 70 is just "good". 

Lana was right, there is nothing to dislike about 'NFR!', it's the perfect, little, PR, palatable album that it was meant to be. There is no way 'NFR!' is a statement and/or controversial album the way her first three records were.

I can't wait for 'COCC' to drop so we can see what critics really think of Lana and her art, and see if the label they stuck on her overnight, like she became "the best living singer-songrwiter", I honestly cannot wait to see if that was sustainable, if she lived up to the ridiculous hype and praise they have given her over one single album.  :whatever:

not gonna quote that one because :awk:

anyways

praying for white dress music video to have a monologue like ride  :justride:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

not gonna quote that one because :awk:

anyways

praying for white dress music video to have a monologue like ride  :justride:

imagine if it had a monologue that was reminiscent of this :poordat: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Loreen said:

The way I've seen y'all dragging NFR! more times than with LFL