Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, The Greatest said:

not trying to gate keep trying to prove a point. Weren’t you agreeing with me two minutes ago? Two faced. 

I'm not two faced, I'm just not fucking stupid, and yes. I will be switching up when my real eyes realize real lies.

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

I’m still so curious of what went wrong last year that led her to want to change the whole album. On May 21th she posted QFTC. “Officially” announcing COTCC. 

she was planning on submitting the album mid June to gear for September 5th release and we know she had all the songs mastered by July, with insiders saying there was no reason for the hold up.

I wonder what happened BTS with Lana that made her so against releasing the album in the state it is

Idk something definitely happened within the past year that we dk about 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

do we normally start a pre pre release thread the day her new album comes out or after

A pre-pre-release thread is made the moment she announces a date or a title.

12 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’m still so curious of what went wrong last year that led her to want to change the whole album. On May 21th she posted QFTC. “Officially” announcing COTCC. 

she was planning on submitting the album mid June to gear for September 5th release and we know she had all the songs mastered by July, with insiders saying there was no reason for the hold up.

I wonder what happened BTS with Lana that made her so against releasing the album in the state it is

I feel like this pandemic really threw all of us for a loop and kind of stunted the creative process that Lana had already been on with Chemtrails. 

Since the whole album was written and probably recorded before Jack went back to New Jersey (which was in April 2020) I feel like the aftermath of QFTC and her personal life not lining up with what she had written about in Chemtrails (her time in the Midwest and being with Sean) made her feel like there needed to be songs that were still true to her at the present moment (hence, the uncertainty of Dealer being on the album, which we know she did with Zach Dawes, who is based in LA, unlike Jack). 

Since this album has shaped up to be so much about being grounded with the people you love and is idealistic in tone, the pandemic probably really shook that up because we’re all experiencing the opposite of that. It probably had her thinking about things that she’s hinted at exploring in Behind the Iron Gates. 

We know Lana truly is “lived-in” of all the words she writes so I think she just wanted to reconcile not fully being in the place she’s singing about in Chemtrails. 

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

do we normally start a pre pre release thread the day her new album comes out or after

We get one when she announces the next record! The last two times she’s mentioned a new album almost immediately (She talked about Bartender a couple months after LFL and LMLYLAW a couple months after Norman)

and at the end of Moio magazine from December she said she has “something brewing” so I’m sure by the time the album releases she’s going to have at least a grand idea of how the next album is going to sound (plus she told us in the livestream in November that she’s always recording)

3 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Idk something definitely happened within the past year that we dk about 

something definitely happened! I wanna say Violets taking over the September release but there was still no reason the album couldn’t have came out at least Dec/Jan like she said at the book signing. I know it’s her own business and means nothing to me but I’m still curious 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

For an album so "mediocre," people certainly have enough opinions to write paragraphs about NFR every day 

I don't have much to say about albums I truly find mediocre, such as Paradise. What a waste of energy.  :whoopi:

yes paradise slander cult bestie  :burn:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

15 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Anyways, White Dress will be up there with "Cruel World" and "Honeymoon." 

Will it be “up there” or “with Cruel World and Honeymoon”? Cuz those are two different things :oop2:

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 minute ago, new gods said:

yes paradise slander cult bestie  :burn:

last time i said that i was mobbed (called fuckdoll repeatedly by strangers online)... you are living dangerously bestie...

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

I’m guessing she probably reworked some of the chemtrails songs to represent her current state of mind. Maybe we will see her go from a hopeful idyllic place at the beginning of the record to a much a much darker place at the end that will eventually lead on to her next record.

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds: