Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

19 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Let me love you like a woman

Let me hold you like a baby

Let me be who I'm meant to be

:wowcry::crying::oprah:

I don't think most of you realize just how beautiful this is.

I really don't wanna get into a fight and I can see why you find it beautiful but I literally hate how 'who she's meant to me' is a man's 'baby' (defined in relationship to a man + in an inferior position, that of a baby) and how she essentialises womanhood (based on patriarchal stereotypes) :bebe: like Lana you can do so much better

7 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I really don't wanna get into a fight and I can see why you find it beautiful but I literally hate how 'who she's meant to me' is a man's 'baby' (defined in relationship to a man + in an inferior position, that of a baby) and how she essentialises womanhood (based on patriarchal stereotypes) :bebe: like Lana you can do so much better

I see LMLYLAW as her talking about a more 'healthy' relationship. I interpret the lyrics as her wanting to hold him like a baby (as in he's her 'baby') and she lusts to look after him, as oppose to the reliance on men she portrays in her earlier work. I think the song in general might've been what caused her 'not not a feminist' comment - she wants a relationship that can feel old-style, in which they look after each other, rather than her being in a powerful position constantly. 

23 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

"Let me hold you like a baby" is meant as in her holding him in her arms like a baby though.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

34 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

luv you got it wrong. she's definitely not saying she's meant to be a man's baby :pout:

20 minutes ago, fkitiloveme said:

I see LMLYLAW as her talking about a more 'healthy' relationship. I interpret the lyrics as her wanting to hold him like a baby (as in he's her 'baby') and she lusts to look after him, as oppose to the reliance on men she portrays in her earlier work. I think the song in general might've been what caused her 'not not a feminist' comment - she wants a relationship that can feel old-style, in which they look after each other, rather than her being in a powerful position constantly. 

8 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

"Let me hold you like a baby" is meant as in her holding him in her arms like a baby though.

I've thought about that too but her outlook on womanhood (more present in her earlier work, but still there in songs like 'love song' for example) and the number of times she refers to herself as her boyfriend's baby (and not just saying 'baby', rather saying 'I'm your baby', 'just like a baby, spin me round like a child', 'the way you'd play with me like a child', 'i was so confused as a little child' and stuff like that) makes me think she's referring to herself as a baby in that lyric, to holding him the way a baby would hold a grown-up. But I might be wrong, and it's open to interpretation anyway :agree:

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

I've thought about that too but her outlook on womanhood (more present in her earlier work, but still there in songs like 'love song' for example) and the number of times she refers to herself as her boyfriend's baby (and not just saying 'baby', rather saying 'I'm your baby', 'just like a baby, spin me round like a child', 'the way you'd play with me like a child', 'i was so confused as a little child' and stuff like that) makes me think she's referring to herself as a baby in that lyric, to holding him the way a baby would hold a grown-up. But I might be wrong, and it's open to interpretation anyway :agree:

That's an interesting take. I guess we'll have to see if the other tracks reveal anything about her current thought process re. power in relationships.

6 minutes ago, katebusho said:

luv you got it wrong. she's definitely not saying she's meant to be a man's baby :pout:

while i agree it's ambiguous who's referred to as a baby, 'let me be who i'm meant to be' clearly implies who she's meant to be is defined in relationship to a man, which i find to be debatable, were the relationship symmetrical (which i don't think it is)

When Lana sang about organs playing in a gas station she was obviously talking about Not All Who Wander Are Lost  :yesnod: 13 more days girlies :pussypower:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

Sorry but ... that makes no sense at all. Just because she often uses a word in a specific way, does not mean that the obvious meaning of that line has to be nonsensical and twisted :eek: Let's not step into the Lanapedia-trap here.

She wants to "love him like a woman" (whatever that means), she wants to hold him like her child. She draws on some sort of motherly-love-metaphor here. When you hold a baby you have a lot of responsibility, you care for it and you will most likely do anything to keep it safe and comfortable. That's what she's offering her man here, that's what she asks him to do - completely trust her, allow her to be close to him. In the end, the songs lyrics are about leaving LA together, probably to escape the city's stress and focus on their relationship/ settle down.

Holding someone/ something like a (literal) baby would do is not an idiom anyone really uses (not even if "baby" is used as a description for a lover), and the only thing that it potentially could mean does not fit in with the message of the chorus

ezgif.com-optimize.gif?resize=640%2C479

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 hours ago, hip hop in the summer said:

ok but do we believe her 

Reminds me very much of the « second teaser » posted for the title track, with TJF at the beginning. It was a good edit but false AF. Plus the date isn’t completely written (Mar instead of March)?!? 

2 hours ago, Creyk said:

Let me love you like a woman

Let me hold you like a baby

Let me be who I'm meant to be

:wowcry::crying::oprah:

I don't think most of you realize just how beautiful this is.

Tacky. The kind of song that would play in a karaoke when everybody is drunk

45 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Sorry but ... that makes no sense at all. Just because she often uses a word in a specific way, does not mean that the obvious meaning of that line has to be nonsensical and twisted :eek: Let's not step into the Lanapedia-trap here.

She wants to "love him like a woman" (whatever that means), she wants to hold him like her child. She draws on some sort of motherly-love-metaphor here. When you hold a baby you have a lot of responsibility, you care for it and you will most likely do anything to keep it safe and comfortable. That's what she's offering her man here, that's what she asks him to do - completely trust her, allow her to be close to him. In the end, the songs lyrics are about leaving LA together, probably to escape the city's stress and focus on their relationship/ settle down.

Holding someone/ something like a (literal) baby would do is not an idiom anyone really uses (not even if "baby" is used as a description for a lover), and the only thing that it potentially could mean does not fit in with the message of the chorus

ezgif.com-optimize.gif?resize=640%2C479

um although I'm not a native English speaker, I don't quite get why it would be that unnatural to use 'to hold someone like a baby' in the sense that i understood at first (which, by the way, makes perfect sense to me, because that'd be in the continuation of the somewhat pleading tone of 'let me love you' and in the submissive position that she often associates with womanhood and which echoes being defined as a man's girlfriend). I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong or doesn't make sense, I'm saying that I think both interpretations are possible (and I gave elements that supported mine, that is to say several other lyrics she used). If saying 'to hold someone like a baby' can't mean the 'like' applies to the subject, and not to 'someone', my bad, but I'm still not sure it's the case.

the fact that lmlylaw is the only song that has electric guitar on cotcc makes me sad :wowcry: 

but the fact that yosemite has some tambourine that i can do my waka waka dance to brings me back :sass:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

This era is kinda like David Lynch’s Twin Peaks. He made the 2seasons & Fire Walk With Me long time ago and then he made the 3rd season of Twin Peaks in 2017 and stated that in order to understand fully you need to watch Fire Walk with Me. I feel like Lana is doing something similar with this project, perhaps an indirect sequal to AKA. Also Lynch had almost zero promo for his Twin Peaks: The return. Similar to Lana having almost no promo for Cotccf AKA The return to Lizzy Grant era 

15 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Lana is too lazy for that, she’d have to re-record all the songs.  She failed spectacularly at american classics then ignored she even announced it. 

she’s not to lazy to re-record songs and she didn’t fail at the American Classics. She has not one but two cover albums already recorded :scoff:

While releasing an album in two weeks and a poetry book soon

The only thing we should be negative about today is the fact that we should have the album today 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

she’s not to lazy to re-record songs and she didn’t fail at the American Classics. She has not one but two cover albums already recorded :scoff:

While releasing an album in two weeks and a poetry book soon

The only thing we should be negative about today is the fact that we should have the album today 

And yet, seeing all the new releases (singles and albums/EP), maybe it was a good idea to delay Chemtrails by two weeks.