Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, PARADIXO said:

There's nothing aggressive about it though

tenor.gif?itemid=14241027

Maybe not the best word to describe it, true... but it does grow in intensity after the "my looo-oh-oh-ve" bit.

1 minute ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

Miss courtney did that line better on both her tracks with nobodys daughter as a line. Im glad lanas inspired by her tho and i hopenit shines thru all over cocc

Bloody brilliant album that was 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Nah uh yall will be proven wrong when the ominous and beautiful COCC foretells the disaster that comes at the climax of the album. It’s a good teaser. White dress is “maybe I was better off;” chemtrails is her leaning into her fame and fortune and losing the humanity she had in white dress; TJF is her being stopped in alcoholism and sex to numb the pain, and it goes from there 

Just now, The Greatest said:

Nah uh yall will be proven wrong when the ominous and beautiful COCC foretells the disaster that comes at the climax of the album. It’s a good teaser. White dress is “maybe I was better off;” chemtrails is her leaning into her fame and fortune and losing the humanity she had in white dress; TJF is her being stopped in alcoholism and sex to numb the pain, and it goes from there 

It might be that cocc like godlymoon is best listened to as a whole. 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

When I heard the teaser, I thought the title track would be a commentary on how people choose to surround themselves in privilege while the world around them is in chaos. That was how I felt about 2020 so I was like OMG Lana is gonna voice how I feel too. So there’s a bit of emptiness in unmet lyrical expectations for me :toofunny:

17 minutes ago, Max said:

No tea no shade, I like COCC, but it appears that she came up with the title first then wrote a random song around it. Still good, but let's not pretend like this is her most intricate work to date just because she says "contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club" and then proceeded to wax poetics about zodiac signs.

This.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 minutes ago, Max said:

No tea no shade, I like COCC, but it appears that she came up with the title first then wrote a random song around it. Still good, but let's not pretend like this is her most intricate work to date just because she says "contemplating God under the chemtrails over the country club" and then proceeded to wax poetics about zodiac signs.

This spill. I love the song but I feel like she never fully addresses what the chemtrails signify if that makes sense. And with her talking about how the songs don't flow together perfectly in her interviews, I think that could end up being a problem critics will have. But there seems to be a theme of "things aren't the way they seem" with tulsa jesus *freak, dark but just a game, etc.

*insert pretentiously worded analysis of COTCC lyrics that are clearly a reach and bully others for their own interpretations* and await applause. 

source.gif

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I wonder what al*x p*rli*m*nt would be saying right now :stareney2:

He would be all over Chris Gehringer's DMs as we speak.