Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

it’s a bummer, cause I liked you a lot...:blush3:

Everybody said you're a killer, but I (was wearing a White Dress because i'm Wild at Heart) :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

To each their own but Chemtrails is clearly about so much to a lot of us, so it's a little funny seeing people repeatedly tell us how basic it is when that's clearly not the case for a lot of people and it's resonating strongly.

The title or themes of the song are not as complicated or abstract as some of you are pretending, it's pretty clear that it represents that chaotic turmoil and uncertainty that hovers over everyday life. It's creative and clever, her best album title by a long shot in my opinion.

The astrology references aren't cheesy or meaningless either. I couldn't care less about astrology but they add to the lack of acceptance she feels from just being who she is. She wants to be cute and playful but is quickly rejected (you won't play, you're no fun.) She then revisits the line and ends the song with it, suggesting to me that it doesn't matter if people won't play and choose to reject her, she'll keep being her regardless of what people say. This idea is reinforced throughout the song (I don't care what they think, drag racing my little red sports car. I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild.)

The instrumentals build and build throughout the song and even start to drown her a bit at the end, which is true to the overwhelming nature of life at times. Then we're left with the lingering drum solo that makes you feel a little bit lost and unsure of what's to come.

For me, everything about the song is extremely well thought out and means so much. It's manages to be both peaceful and unsettling at the same time.

10 minutes ago, DCooper said:

To each their own but Chemtrails is clearly about so much to a lot of us, so it's a little funny seeing people repeatedly tell us how basic it is when that's clearly not the case for a lot of people and it's resonating strongly.

The title or themes of the song are not as complicated or abstract as some of you are pretending, it's pretty clear that it represents that chaotic turmoil and uncertainty that hovers over everyday life. It's creative and clever, her best album title by a long shot in my opinion.

The astrology references aren't cheesy or meaningless either. I couldn't care less about astrology but they add to the lack of acceptance she feels from just being who she is. She wants to be cute and playful but is quickly rejected (you won't play, you're no fun.) She then revisits the line and ends the song with it, suggesting to me that it doesn't matter if people won't play and choose to reject her, she'll keep being her regardless of what people say. This idea is reinforced throughout the song (I don't care what they think, drag racing my little red sports car. I'm not unhinged or unhappy, I'm just wild.)

The instrumentals build and build throughout the song and even start to drown her a bit at the end, which is true to the overwhelming nature of everyday life at times. Then we're left with the lingering drum solo that makes you feel a little bit lost and unsure of what's to come.

For me, everything about the song is extremely well thought out and means so much. It's manages to be both peaceful and unsettling at the same time.

I agree with all of that except when you say that the instrumentals build up throughout the song. The lyrics are good, and the melody is actually beautiful, but I wish the instrumentation had been a bit louder and not as subdued and soft. The song would've benefit from being a bit more bombastic and hard hitting in my opinion. After hearing the cover from that Australian band (that I can't remember the name, sorry!), I just thought to myself that 'COCC' honestly had the potential to be a more intense track. 

i hope you all can find something in this album you personally resonate with and feel touched by. if you don't at least this pre-release will be a sweet memory to look back on, i always enjoy these times with you all even through the chaos. :sistrens:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, Max said:

I agree with all of that except when you say that the instrumentals build up throughout the song. The lyrics are good, and the melody is actually beautiful, but I wish the instrumentation had been a bit louder and not as subdued and soft. The song would've benefit from being a bit more bombastic and hard hitting in my opinion. 

That's fair! I personally love the softness of the production and the details that emerge, I think it fits really well with the vibe and themes, but I can see why others would prefer something a bit bolder as well.

It's gotten to a point where we're all so tired and on edge, that there's a new fight every hour :toofunny:

Don't know how we managed to survive the past eras, but it's clear we don't know how much we can handle as we're worn out. 

Thankfully, there's only two weeks left and time does certainly fly (at least, to me) so this nightmare will be over soon, until the next album :makeup:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

There’s a giant chemtrail over LA right now, her promo is starting!!

For real though, it barely feels like a Lana album is coming in two weeks. Maybe I’m just out of the loop but it seems like she’s just gonna drop the album and that’s it. Maybe after the year she’s had that’s for the best

EDIT: there’s a second one, double album confirmed!!

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

That's fair! I personally love the softness of the production and the details that emerge, I think it fits really well with the vibe and themes, but I can see why others would prefer something a bit bolder as well.

Yeah I agree. It's just that I feel like we've (or at least feel like) heard enough of this subdued softness. Without falling into "oh I want Ultraviolence part. deux", I kinda wish the music would be a bit more hard hitting as far as instrumentation and production goes. 

3 minutes ago, Anthem said:

There’s a giant chemtrail over LA right now, her promo is starting!!

For real though, it barely feels like a Lana album is coming in two weeks. Maybe I’m just out of the loop but it seems like she’s just gonna drop the album and that’s it. Maybe after the year she’s had that’s for the best

everytime im out walking and see a plane in the sky im like....girlie you are missing such a promo opportunity by not hiring a skywriting plane to spell out your album title

every LA instabaddie would have that on their IG story in SECONDS

The way were dissecting this ONE song to shreds makes me dread to think how extra we'll be when we get the rest of them :bebe:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

It's gotten to a point where we're all so tired and on edge, that there's a new fight every hour :toofunny:

Don't know how we managed to survive the past eras, but it's clear we don't know how much we can handle as we're worn out. 

Thankfully, there's only two weeks left and time does certainly fly (at least, to me) so this nightmare will be over soon, until the next album :makeup:

it doesn’t help that this is the ‘driest’ pre-release we’ve ever had. By this point we’ve always had 30 second song snippets to discuss, multiple music videos, a handful of songs, an album trailer, and promo building up. 

Mojo mag was super fun but it was the only eventful thing that happened all of February (minus her WD teasers) and so far March has been just as dry. 

we’re stuck in a loop because nothing is happening at all :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

her crime was not including the outro vocals from the music video into the actual song :trisha:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, The Greatest said:

The best part about cocc to me is that I love it but I have no urge to overplay it. By the time NFR came out I had listened to Venice bitch about a trillion times 

yes!! and when I decide to hear it the emotion from the first time I listened to it is still there :krylie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg