Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

9 minutes ago, Nobody said:

13 days... cassette girl happened 13 days before NFR was released :creepna3: 

the way I keep hoping they ship my cassette earlier, I wanna be cassette boi so bad :trisha:

9 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I don’t see how she wouldn’t

you don’t?

giphy.gif

I have no doubt in my mind she could totally just drop this album on the 19th without saying a word tbh 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

13 days... cassette girl happened 13 days before NFR was released :creepna3: 

Alright who’s the sacrificial Walmart twink getting her hands on the new record early 

286-D3-C52-253-F-4479-BC98-4-E1-D96-E4-F

Note: I don’t advocate for this but we all know it’s gonna happen. Valid in participating Walmart’s. See official rules and regulations on slimytwink.com/rules. No purchase necessary. 

Where's that energy we had back in June, July, August, and September? :party:

I feel like we all need to be reminded of how much fun we had getting up to various antics, such as analyzing the source code of her website (and finding nothing), making album cover/tracklist/vinyl concepts, discussing what the 'chemtrails' will symbolize, theorizing how Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates would be connected to each other, contacting so many different retailers and making frenemies like Shanice and Shanique...

That was the Golden Age of this pre-release and as far as I'm concerned, we're still in the pre-release! Let's look back on the fun we had leading up to this record's release and reinject that energy into this thread! 

14 days! :thankyou:

16 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Also I really don’t think Lana would be releasing an album she wasn’t proud of. She clearly has no problem not releasing albums she says she’s going to, so if she IS submitting one and releasing it and making videos of it, you know it’s going to be a serve. 

Facts. She wouldn't release it if she didn't feel it was ready. That's part of why we get so many of her albums later than expected, anyway. She's always tampering and editing, and takes forever on mixing.

this seems off topic but it's not i swear i have a point :rip:

Spoiler

but i think the gp completely forget she had a life before BTD. she wasn't 19 when she got famous and straight out of high school. she had lived experiences in between and it's really easy for the gp to slate her as immediately becoming successful, not having to work hard, not understanding non-celebrity life, because she did become successful relatively quickly – after years and years of performing, writing, and trying to become successful and actually make a liveable wage through music.

i'm excited to see her reflect on that period of her life and the life she lived in between high school and her music career, the entirety of her lizzy days, and learning to play guitar, living in a trailer park, working as a waitress, going through college, learning about herself and to hear her further process extremely difficult things she went through during that time. just because i feel it so much. and hopefully it'll remind the gp that she's lived a life outside of being a celebrity. 

anyways idk what i'm talking about :makeup2: who's excited for digital deluxe track dealer

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

this seems off topic but it's not i swear i have a point :rip: but i think the gp completely forget she had a life before BTD. she wasn't 19 when she got famous and straight out of high school. she had lived experiences in between and it's really easy for the gp to slate her as immediately becoming successful, not having to work hard, not understanding non-celebrity life, because she did become successful relatively quickly – after years and years of performing, writing, and trying to become successful and actually make a liveable wage through music.

i'm really excited to see her reflect on that period of her life and the life she lived in between high school and her music career, the entirety of her lizzy days, and learning to play guitar, living in a trailer park, working as a waitress, going through college, learning about herself and to hear her further process extremely difficult things she went through during that time. just because i feel it so much. and hopefully it'll remind the gp that she's lived a life outside of being a celebrity. 

I don't that's it. I think people just didn't believe her. 

UV/Honeymoon

I’m still hoping WD doesn’t come out til album release date and is pushed as a single then. Maybe along with TJF as a dual single. I think it’s the best way to build hype for the album that’ll actually translate to album streams and therefore sales. For the most part, the people who were going to pre order the album have done so already and what we need now is to focus on streaming. By having the song and video come out on release day it’ll build hype for streaming the song and since it’s the opener people will hopefully keep listening. The next song is COCC which is a beauty and then TJF should be freaky cool enough and it’ll draw people in!

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I don't that's it. I think people just didn't believe her. 

yeah idk what i'm talking about it's late and i'm tired :bye3: most of the stuff i say in this thread makes no sense anyways so i was just following that trend dgsjkl

but whether or not they forgot, didn't care, didn't believe, i personally feel it's important for the gp, whoever, critics, idk, basically annoying people who baselessly tear her down, to remember and just accept her life and what she's lived.... she's been fighting for that for forever

sUcVobB.png

26 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I’m still hoping WD doesn’t come out til album release date and is pushed as a single then. Maybe along with TJF as a dual single. I think it’s the best way to build hype for the album that’ll actually translate to album streams and therefore sales. For the most part, the people who were going to pre order the album have done so already and what we need now is to focus on streaming. By having the song and video come out on release day it’ll build hype for streaming the song and since it’s the opener people will hopefully keep listening. The next song is COCC which is a beauty and then TJF should be freaky cool enough and it’ll draw people in!

This would be very cool! I’d like to see more singles after the album is out with “realtime” music videos. It adds to the experience of the album for me. We get to make our own stories and visualizations of what the songs represent before.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

12 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

This would be very cool! I’d like to see more singles after the album is out with “realtime” music videos. It adds to the experience of the album for me. We get to make our own stories and visualizations of what the songs represent before.

I agree! One thing I don’t always like about her eras is that they’re relatively over when the album comes out. I don’t mind it too much but would like more stuff post release. Like not go full dua lipa of course lmao, but at least 3-6 months of acting like the album exists.

omg i hate that im taking up so much space on this thread right now.... but i was looking at my signature and started thinking about how the colorway of the honeymoon shoot, or the majority of it, is kinda the polar opposite of the colorway of the chemtrails shoot. and this feels long so into the spoiler she goes

Spoiler

neil krug's honeymoon photoshoot has very defined colors for me, the majority warm, with touches of blue, white, brown/black, and green. a very warm palette overall with hints of cool - but still a WARM cool. warm greens and ocean-y blues. the chemtrails shoot is completely different, with the main colors being those that took the backseat in honeymoon: blue, green, white, black. there are very few warm tones at all. the main colors in the music video were also cool colors with, in the kind of fantasy scenes, red and orange. i'm not sure what my point is, but i thought it was interesting :bebe:

tumblr_nubqqhQHcp1rsw035o1_540.png images_uploads_gallery_21-Lana-Del-Rey-Honeymoon-Neil-Krug.jpg CUWA1I5UwAARHGK.jpg

1000?cb=20210112055835 vqcouasn6cd61.jpg?width=1237&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0faa7e26006860500f59610cd55cdbd5f7392e34 640?cb=20210112181923

not to mention the colors in the chemtrails mv, particularly: 

jIdWc7S.png h10Cc8G.png GYAC0Ge.png

and a complete break from the colorway - T00Z4xc.png

maybe i'm thinking about whether chemtrails is a "warm" or "cool" album? HM is certainly a warm album for me especially sonically as is UV and NFR. the others i'm not quite sure, but i feel like chemtrails will definitively be a "cool" album, visually, sonically, etc? will there be warm moments like in the cocc mv - moments of fantasy, defiance, anger? 

but then again, i look at the white dress trailer and it certainly looks like a "warm" colorway. so who knows... maybe if we exclude the mvs then we can declare it a cool or warm album based on photoshoots agsd;kfhl but i have no clue

sUcVobB.png