Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

11 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

nobody's making up excuses for anything when the evidence is right there

I mean ok, but just because she openly announces she'll "disappear" during the release of an album for whatever stupid reason does not make it any better. A good release-schedule does not even necessarily require a lot of action on the artists part.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Some of you need a reality check, nobody owes you anything. Lana doesn't owe us anything. Expectations distort reality. 

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

i mean i dont care tbh it was disrespectful of her to not acknowledge or even apologize for september 5th so im still salty about that, but whatever it's old news, regarding cocc a leak is inevitable whether or not she or we deserve it, i love lana and i don't necessarily want the album to leak totally, but if it does i really wouldn't care and wouldn't feel sympathetic in the slightest and i would 100% be listening to it and getting heavily drunk :beyonce:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

10 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

"Doing something against her will" ... apologize for false release announcements, not use private iphone pics for album art and not leave us in the dark forever. It's not like that's a lot. If she would have a regular, professional release-schedule instead of always putting on such a huge mess, she would not even necessarily have to do much. But nah, it's always a drag, always a waiting game, always so much disappointment.
People love to compare her lacking release-eras to Fiona Apple (lol) but - once Fiona announces something, there is a reliable release schedule, without any of this bs happening. And she's not someone who's loving the spotlight either.

it's quite literally her job....but i guess she truly does miss doing nothing at all. although i would also classify this release as basically close to nothing. she could have her team post on her instagram on her behalf if it feels like such a CHORE for her to keep her fans updated on a release....

her team is throwing us 100 different physical music variations, THEN offering "signed" lithos and art cards to the same group of fans who have ALREADY purchased the vinyls or cassettes or cds just to get even MORE/SALES money from us? 

that mixed with her silence is despicable in my opinion. and no i don't care what her will is. 

17 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

And Norman's videos weren't near the level of the COCC MV and we can assume White Dress too given that there was actual effort put into it with the skating. 

I think the double video was amazing haha

And the homemade videos better than LMLYLAW

COCC video still is a masterpiece though, can't wait for White Dress

2 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

am i the only one who didn't know until very recently that it was supposed to be released on march 5th? i honestly didn't know :air2:

I completely forgot and I don't mind waiting a couple of more days (we're already in March), damn 

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

Sure, it's perfectly reasonable to be upset about the poor communication. But to manifest & hope for a sabotage of her album release by having it leak? Not so cool. 

& we'll never truly know why the album rollout has been a bit weird with the silences and reschedulings, but we have to keep in mind we're in trying times right now with COVID. Not only can that impact some of the external factors of the release stuff such as vinyl productions, but remember that artists are human beings just like the rest of us and can also be affected by some of the mental hardships COVID has caused, as we all have.

probably not the nicest thing to do, but since it has like 0 impact what someone on here "manifests", it's not like it's actually malicious or anything.

sorry, I know you are a huge fan, but there are 0 (zero) excuses for her announcing a date and then not feeling the need to type 2 sentences on her social media in order to correct that. That has nothing to do ith "trying times", plus she is a rich white woman and not some struggling single-parent working as a nurse.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't understand why people think she needs to promote the album. Sure it would be nice, but it's all just a bonus to the actual record. It's coming March 19th, we know that, and it's all we really need to know. If she wants it to be quiet release and let the music speak for itself, that's totally fine and her choice. I would probably want the same thing if I were her after the shit she's dealt with online this past year. You can blame her all you want for some of the controversy, but that doesn't mean she deserves the insane treatment that has come her way.

Just now, CyberCherry said:

I completely forgot and I don't mind waiting a couple of more days, damn 

literally, it seems like some of you people actually have nothing going on for you that you go on daily rants about how an album is coming out two weeks later than Amazon Alexa said it was

Ms Juicy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Just now, DCooper said:

I don't understand why people think she needs to promote the album. Sure it would be nice, but it's all just a bonus to the actual record. It's coming March 19th, we know that, and it's all we really need to know. If she wants it to be quiet release and let the music speak for itself, that's totally fine and her choice. I would probably want the same thing if I were her after the shit she's dealt with online this past year. You can blame her all you want for some of the controversy, but that doesn't mean she deserves the insane treatment that has come her way.

THIS.. like let her write her poetry and do what she wants. her album is still going to perform well so what’s the point of promoting. There’s still obviously going to be some sort of promo so we’ll just have to wait. but hoping an album leaks because of her silence.... the lowest is where

Ya'll ain't gonna like this but to some extent, it IS an artist's duty to at least give fans some kind of clarification regarding delays and things like that. It really isn't as hard as ya'll are making it out to be. I mean Jesus, if Lana can write an entire essay about Question for the Culture which nobody asked for, then how hard is it to send out a single tweet which reads "Hey guys, the album is taking longer due to ___ whatever reason" - Done!

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Obviously every era has to be exciting for the fans... I mean, we're the ones supporting her for years and the first to stream and buy her stuff :deadbanana: But oh well...

At least I hope she has a "plan" to make one really exciting era every few albums. Born to Die was a cultural reset, then she went quiet during UV and HM, and then made a full-on pop era with Lust for Life. Maybe her next rollout will be more elaborated?

8 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I'm right down the middle on this one. People have a right to be upset with the silence, messiness and contradictions from this era. But at the same time, this is what she's like EVERY album release more or less. By the time she puts out an album, she's already way past it and ready for her next project. This time, we actually know she went silent to work on her next book, which she has to release due to a stricter contract. 

I agree, most artists are almost always working on new projects months after a release and I don't think most people get that 

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

its also confusing because like have you not been around for the literal last 6 albums of hers where she also did nothing to promote her albums lol