Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Some quick initial thoughts...

White Dress is low-key awful and my least favourite of the whole album, so it's a shame it opens the album as I went into it expecting the worst after that. Although I do like the the lyrics and theme, I just don't like her vocal on it at all. The cracks in her high notes feel very forced and it becomes unenjoyable.

Tulsa Jesus Freak definitely seems to be a re-titled or new version of White Hot Forever, as people expected, so imagine this album isn't far away from the original concept. By the end of the album I'd forgotten what it was like, so it'll be a song I need to spend time with.

Dance Till We Die is quite surprising as it goes along, but I wish it built up to the middle-8 a bit more which is the highlight of the track, and that the ending was longer after it. It reminded me of something like Cruel World and could've been like that easily.

Wild At Heart, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost, Yosemite and For Free (although the live performance might be slightly better) are my highlights aside from Chemtrails and Let Me Love You which I like despite the poor reception. I can see why Yosemite wasn't included on Lust For Life, if this is the same version or similar to it, as it really wouldn't fit - but it fits incredibly well here!

Overall, the album feels like it shares same sonic sphere as Norman Fucking Rockwell, but it's a little more slower paced, loose in its structures and stream of consciousness-y. It's not instant at all and might need time which isn't always a bad thing.

1 minute ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:
  Hide contents

THIS ALBUM IS HER BEST!!! SHORT AND PACKS A PUNCH. I NEED A COUNTRY OR FOLK ALBUM OUT OF HER NOW! AND A GRUNGE ALBUM!!! A HIGHLIGHT. A REVELATION FOR THE CULTURE. AN ANSWER FOR THE CULTURE.

Spoiler

Calm doen. :scoff:

i'm fucking DEADDDDDDDDD I HAVE TO WORK IN 10 MINUTES WHAT THE FUCKKKKK

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

are you really calling white dress the worst on the album.....? considering i love it that's a win for me :sass: 

please RSVP with a simple yes or no – if it's a highlight of the album or not – because i refuse to listen to the rest of the tracks until the 19th. not a moral superiority thing but i had a whole week planned out and i want to continue that <3 :kiss3:

sUcVobB.png

Just now, rightofjupiter said:
  Hide contents

ok BUS is gorgeous just like i knew it would be. how do ppl hate nikki's voice it's gorgeous imo

when she first started singing I thought spotify had shuffled on a Bebe rexha song

:toofunny:

RVhKIwP.gif

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

@Contemplating God WILD AT HEART BEST SONG OF HER CAREER WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON 

OOOOOOOOOOOOP

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.