Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

INITIAL RANKING

1. White Dress - her vocals are so unique here, this is an instant classic.

2. Dark But Just A Game - this almost feels like it doesn't belong on this album. very slick production - luvs it

3. Tulsa Jesus Freak - this song has that immediate hit that i wanted from it - catchy, sexy, mhm! but i think others will edge it out when they grow on me

4. Dance Till We Die - a sweet song that I wasn't fully feeling until THAT BRIDGE whew

5. Yosemite - worth the wait? i'd say so! love love love the guitar it almost has a western movie vibe?

6. Chemtrails - this definitely grew on me since release, but still isn't the strongest to offer.

7. Not All Who Wander - the next two songs are all nice and they will definitely become growers, but they just fine on first listen

8. Wild at Heart - read above^

9. For Free - as far as covers go, this is maybe her best. but it's not a show stopper by any means

10. Breaking Up Slowly - put this on Nikki Lane's album not here... 

11. LMLYLAW - not good on release, hasn't really aged any better.

i'd say 8/10 on first listen. it's not an immediate classic like NFR or UV felt, but I wasn't underwhelmed like HM or LFL. I feel very satisfied with it as a cohesive piece of art. I can see how this will be divisive for fans who don't love country/folk but I think it's a solid album.

NFR > UV > BTD > COCC > HM > LFL

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

The worst part is that it’s Bieber fans trying to spread the leak. But I’m not perfect cuz oops listened to WD.

Spoiler

I love how she shamelessly let her vocals be weird and imperfect. A true artist. She isn’t here to show off perfect pipes every second. 
 she’s trying to convey desperation, innocence, emotion and it works. This song needed these quirky imperfect vocals to get your attention and get the message across. Beautiful. 

Spoiler

Dark but just a game is my favorite so far oh my god. And the ending of yosemite arghhh!!! Its so good. Saving some songs for tonight?

Faking crazy but free
 rs_500x211-140507104629-westcoast11.gif?

1 minute ago, Chemtrailslana said:

did she seriously just push the album to march 21st?

her website says the 19th still so..no

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

anyone posted that iTunes and Apple Music now says it comes out on the 21st?

i see that too now which is weird. is her website changed?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, Mathildadelrey said:
  Hide contents

Dark but just a game is my favorite so far oh my god. And the ending of yosemite arghhh!!! Its so good. Saving some songs for tonight?

Spoiler

probably my 2nd fav after TJF ! queen. I also love For Free

I caved. Hate that for me but can we talk about how

Spoiler

DBJAG is one of the best songs she’s ever written?!!?!

12/10 MASTERPIECE and would love to see her pursue this style going forward — like thick beats meets 90s/00s Liz Phair / Cardigans light rock vibes!!!!! Very different, very her.

fave on the album so far... anyone else?

Edited by Elle
added more of your post to the spoiler tag x

I am going to scream 21st ughhh

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

Why tf would it come out on a Sunday ?

tulsa jesus freak amen

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole