Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

White Dress isn't necessarily sad imo but it's so explicitly autobiographical that it feels weirdly sad. And I think everyone can relate to reminiscing on your youth and how easy things used to feel. 

Spoiler

The mix sounds fine with 7.1 surround but without, it’s like lowkey bad. The instrumentals (like during the bridge on dance til we die) overpower her vocals so bad

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, anwdelrey said:
  Hide contents

White Dress isn't necessarily sad imo but it's so explicitly autobiographical that it feels weirdly sad. And I think everyone can relate to reminiscing on your youth and how easy things used to feel. 

Spoiler

it made me cry the first time i listened to it. just so heartbreaking - not sad, but heartbreaking

sUcVobB.png

Just now, new gods said:
  Hide contents

the way yosemite is supposed to be a happy song but it's like the darkest sounding song on the album :xgiggle:

Spoiler

NO UR SO RIGHT it’s literally sounds so emotional it does not fill me with joy. it’s one of the best though she’s right about that!

3807... The number of pages of NFR pre-released has been met. And I don't think that is a reason to celebrate. :crossed:

I hope the next one will be much much shorter, without all of the delays and drama.

Spoiler

White Dress might honestly be her best album opener period... Cruel World who? :eek:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

MY OFFICIAL REVIEW:

Spoiler

white dress: 10/10... TALENTED, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, SHOW-STOPPING, SPECTACULAR, NEVER THE SAME, TOTALLY UNIQUE, COMPLETELY NOT EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, NOT AFRAID TO REFERENCE OR NOT REFERENCE, PUT IT IN A BLENDER, SHIT ON IT, VOMIT ON IT, EAT IT, GIVE BIRTH TO IT

cotcc: 8/10... such a gorgeous and classic track... perfect for washing your hair & doing the laundry!

tulsa jesus freak: 9/10... hot & sexy experimental banger, cherry & cinnamon girl could never!

let me love you like a woman: 8/10... it's a very cute & heartfelt song and it's deserving of respect!

wild at heart: 8/10... this song is so cool! i love that it's basically a sample of how to disappear... i love it!

dark but just a game: 6/10... i honestly wasn't a huge fan of this one! but that's okay! i'm sure i'll warm up to it!

not all who wander are lost: 7/10... another song i'm not a huge fan of, but i like that it's very soothing & folky!

yosemite: 10/10... TALENTED, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, SHOW-STOPPING, SPECTACULAR, NEVER THE SAME, TOTALLY UNIQUE, COMPLETELY NOT EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, NOT AFRAID TO REFERENCE OR NOT REFERENCE, PUT IT IN A BLENDER, SHIT ON IT, VOMIT ON IT, EAT IT, GIVE BIRTH TO IT

breaking up slowly: 9/10... this is another really cool song! it's a lot more moody and loungy than i anticipated but i really love that vibe!

dance till we die: 10/10... it made me cry... TALENTED, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, SHOW-STOPPING, SPECTACULAR, NEVER THE SAME, TOTALLY UNIQUE, COMPLETELY NOT EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, NOT AFRAID TO REFERENCE OR NOT REFERENCE, PUT IT IN A BLENDER, SHIT ON IT, VOMIT ON IT, EAT IT, GIVE BIRTH TO IT

for free: 9/10... this was such a beautiful & delightful cover... it's like a turquoise jewel! 

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, JamiDelRey said:
  Hide contents

White Dress might honestly be her best album opener period... Cruel World who? :eek:

Spoiler

Cruel world unbothered babes.. white dress is cute though

Spoiler

Y'all are going to sleep on Not All Who Wander Are Lost, but it is TOP tier and the lizzy vibes are insane... the serenity in her voice, the instrumental, the harmonies and backing... It's flawless. Its like if Lizzy from WD era had the budget and skill to improve her craft its everything. 

Also, I must say this album has her most versatile and beautiful vocals in her discography for me. NAWWAL, Yosemite, WD, DTWD, WAH especially

42 minutes ago, urgirl said:
  Hide contents

and while the whole world is crazy, we'll get high in the parking lot :suicide: THIS IS MY FAVORITE FIRST LITEN OF A LANA ALBUM SINCE... UV??!!!

Spoiler

I’m quoting my own post cuz we all need to appreciate this lyric. So classic Lana.  So ‘making out’. I’m dead :suicide: