Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

16 minutes ago, urgirl said:
  Hide contents

Lana says making a beautiful melody is her strong point but it’s become her weak point :krylie: nothing recent compares to BTD melodies, they were so seamless 

Spoiler

omg i disagree big time! i think her melodies here are to die for

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

Hide contents

tea the mods should just make a separate thread and then archive it 

Spoiler

or people who dont wanna be spoiled should go elsewhere :sass:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

yeah I fully agree with the fact that women's contributions aren't acknowledged the way they should be. I just said he composed the songs because he's the only person credited as composer, and I thought that meant he had composed the entirety of the melody

no hard feelings ;)

I'm guessing they worked via videocall when composing the songs (COVID, plus she once posted a pic of them working via FaceTime or smth), so he was with the piano and Lana with the melodies and the words. With NFR! they were able to work together in the studio and maybe that's why she also contributed to the chords. :) 

3 minutes ago, Gods Favorite Child said:
  Hide contents

I need the white dress lyrics.... Someone?

Spoiler

Sun, stare, don't care with my head in my hands
Thinking of a simpler time
Like Sun Ra, feel small but I
Had it under control every time

When I was a waitress
Wearing a white dress
Look how I do this
Look how I got this

When I was a waitress
Working the night shift
You were my man
Felt like I got this

Down at the men in music business conference
Down in Orlando, I was only nineteen
I only mention it 'cause it was such a scene
And I felt seen, mm

Summer, sizzling, listening to
Jazz out on the lawn
Listening to White Stripes
When they were white hot
Listening to rock all day long

When I was a waitress
Wearing a tight dress
Handling the heat
I wasn't famous
Just listening to
Kings of Leon to the beat

Like look how I got this
Look how I got this
Just sing in the street
I felt free 'cause I was only nineteen
Such a scene

Summer's summer's almost gone
We were talkin' 'bout life
we were sitting outside till dawn
But I would still go back
If I could do it all again, I thought
Because it made me feel
Made me feel like a god
'Cause it made me feel
Made me feel like a god
Somehow it made me feel
Made me feel like a god

When I was a waitress
Wearing a white dress
Look how I do this
Look how I got this

When I was a waitress
Working the night shift
You were my man
Felt like I got this

Down in Orlando, I was only nineteen
I only mention it 'cause it was such a scene
And I felt seen, mm

When I was a waitress
Wearing a tight dress
Like look how I do it
Look how I got this
I was a waitress
Wearing a tight dress
Like look how I do this
Look how I got this

Made me feel
Made me feel like a god
It kinda makes me feel
Like maybe I was better off
Because it made me feel
Made me feel like a god
Kinda makes me feel
Like maybe I was better off 

Spoiler

omg such a beautiful album...gonna hold off on repeat listens to keep some excitement for the release...but Yosemite is so <3 love that it’s sung in the tune of L4L demo 3 xxx

Spoiler

The subtle build up and then the bridge-end in White Dress is unironically one of my favorite musical moments i've experienced in 24 years of life... The lyrics of the song are pretty like diary entry stream of thought at times but I absolutely feel what she's talking about through the melody, the way she's singing, and the production. It's so excellently done. 

13 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

omfg you're kidding..>FSGD<zfdhmglnf it is seriously that old

anyways i'm about to go for a drive and listen for the 1st time. ill be back in an hour besties unless i crash due to the sheer force of yosemite

Yesss, listening to it while I drive is probably one of the best experiences .

Going to delete the files from my computer because I can't stop listening. But I'm so in love with this album. I'm obsessed with the vibe she's riding. She totally delivered.

i hate that we have to listen to weyes blood and nicki lame, its so disgusting and twisted 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Spoiler

Okay, so after a couple listens, here are my thoughts on the album, and specific songs :

- I feel like this album has no replay value for the most part, it hasn't even been a full day and half of the album are skips. I think the problem I have with that is that they don't all sound the same, but they all feel so similar to one another that I just pick 3 and all the rest is more of the same...

- I also feel like this album is too "NFR" I know it's Jack Jackoff bla bla bla, but they all just sound like NFR scraps... Like, Paradise feels like a BTD successor but they don't have too much similarities when it comes to the songs, but on here it really just feels like NFR 2.0, and a more washed out version of it (I am not an NFR stan at all)

- Then we got LMLYLAW as first single, this song is not that bad, but I hate it. It's not at all what I want from her and I find the song too simplistic and boring. Now, I never thought I would've said that, but I think Lana has released her worst song ever : White Dress. I get that it's supposed to be emotional and all but these vocals are just straight up unlistenable. I actually quite like the song, the melody, the production. The vocals are just so goddamn awful, she doesn't sound like she's emotional much more than she sounds as if she's sick and been smoking for 20 years and tried to sing a super high pitch song. It's such a bummer because the parts where she actually can hit the notes are good.

- Wild At Heart was my first favorite off the album, but after a couple listen, it does feel like a straight up copy of How to Disappear, they are very similar, but this is the only instance, for me, in the album where the COCC version improved upon NFR rather than feeling like a scrap.

- Dance Til We Die, I really didn't like at first, but after a while it did grow on me, I love the WTF turn the song takes midway and I think it kinda saves it and makes it stand out from the rest.

- Now, Yosemite is my favourite song. I do find it too flat, and wish there was some kind of bigger climax, but this song is giving me sad medieval bardcore vibes and i am here for it? It doesn't feel like it's from LFL at all to me and that's really surprising considering the song was made during my favorite lana creation era!!!

Overall, I do think this is her worst released album due to the blandness of it, everything sounds so similar, almost nothing stands out even when you put it against her previous album. BTD is my least favourite album because it's not the kind of music I like from her, but I get the artistic value behind it. COCC is not necessarily my least favourite, but I do think that it's her worst in term of originality, production, replay value and artistic value.

I'm angry that I don't like this album, click to know why! :xcry:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

Just now, godsmonster said:

lmfao don't tell me COCC leaked

Yes :) Please don't ask for links, and if you listen to the album and wish to discuss about it in this thread, use spoilers! Thanks.