Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Can we stop with the damn spoilers :scoff:

well go ahead, write your thoughts on the album without a spoiler... we're waiting! :xgiggle:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can we stop with the damn spoilers :scoff:

Tulsa Jesus freak is a cute auto tune piece.

No, sorry :) It'll stay that way until further notice.

Spoiler

And if I had to do it all again
I would because...the sound of our LOOOOOOVE SOOONG

I just can't at Wild At Heart. It's a good song and I want to like it but I just hate how it's literally a Frankenstein's monster of different NFR songs.

2 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:
  Hide contents

And if I had to do it all again
I would because...the sound of our LOOOOOOVE SOOONG

I just can't at Wild At Heart. It's a good song and I want to like it but I just hate how it's literally a Frankenstein's monster of different NFR songs.

Spoiler

But better

Trisha Paytas Funny GIF - TrishaPaytas Funny Girl GIFs

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean I get it, but I cannot even do it on phone-there’s no template?

im assuming it’s to stop copyright infringements.

You actually can do it on the phone! Just press the eye button in the toolbar.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

I mean I get it, but I cannot even do it on phone-there’s no template?

im assuming it’s to stop copyright infringements.

The spoiler icon should still appear on mobile - it's the eye icon on the text toolbar. If not, you can manually type a spoiler by typing:

[*spoiler]contenthere[*/spoiler]

Without the asterisks x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This album is incredibly short and it seems pretty bland and uninspired. All the songs seem like clones of each other. Not much of a variety sonically. The vibe of the album is basically a "Lazy Afternoon Siesta". Lana sounds burned out and fed up of her career. I blame JackOff for this snoozefest production and her boring ex boyfriend Sean Larkin who pushed her into Granny territory with this boring sound. NFR was way more livelier than COTCC. She has lost the Fire that she had in abundance in the beginning of her career. It seems like now she is putting out an album like this only due to contractual obligations. I'm super disappointed with this album. This is not the Lana we all fell in love with. There is nothing Wild about this album. Somehow the industry has killed off her creative spark. 

22 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:
  Hide contents

also can we talk about Yosemite and happiness? "it was too happy" was Lana's reason for cutting it from LFL.

Its certainly happy, but im not getting ultra happy vibes from it? Am i the only one? :deadbanana:

No, it's super moody. Idk what she's on.

Just now, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

This album is incredibly short and it seems pretty bland and uninspired. All the songs seem like clones of each other. Not much of a variety sonically. The vibe of the album is basically a "Lazy Afternoon Siesta". Lana sounds burned out and fed up of her career. I blame JackOff for this snoozefest production and her boring ex boyfriend Sean Larkin who pushed her into Granny territory with this boring sound. NFR was way more livelier than COTCC. She has lost the Fire that she had in abundance in the beginning of her career. It seems like now she is putting out an album like this only due to contractual obligations. I'm super disappointed with this album. This is not the Lana we all fell in love with. There is nothing Wild about this album. Somehow the industry has killed off her creative spark. 

Ok babes x

1 minute ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

EVERYONE: I second this.

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

I just think it’s easy to tell who will and won’t like the album before we’ve even heard it just based off of the discussions we have been having leading up to its release. I haven’t heard it yet, and reading every one’s opinions so far, everything lines up pretty much as I would have expected it to, those who I thought would like it like and those who I didn’t think would like it don’t. It’s not a bad thing. Just a thing. 

do me do me do me :sass: will i like it or not ? 

2 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Hide contents

:tommy:

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

7 hours ago, Nikogo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

White hot forever and ever amen

Spoiler

Hi all. New to the forum, though I have visited occasionally. Hopefully I'm using the spoiler option correctly?

I listened to the album a few times, and I like it a lot more than I thought I would (the singles were a bit weak). The Midwest, country-infused style really suits her, and I love all the references to Kansas, Orlando, the ranches, suburbia etc. It's a new concept for her, and she pulls it off so well! I mean, she tried jazz, hip hop, surf rock - why not folk? It works. 

Antonoff, again, knows what works best for Lana, and accompanies her so well. The piano lines are to die for.

Now, White Dress is is already in my top 10 fav LDR tracks ever and I would say it's one of her best album opening tracks ever, alongside Cruel World and NFR. The melody is gorgeous and when she says 'music business conference' - who the hell can use that in a lyric and make it sound so on point, truthful and beautiful? Perfection:) Also living for Wild at Heart. 

Although the album is not as great as NFR (all time fav) or Ultraviolence (2nd fav, as flawed as it is), it's probably her most consistently good record to date. There are no weak links. 

I mean, I'm not a fan of Dark But Just a Game at this point, it's a bit odd,  but the piano is great, and fits well on the same record as Tulsa, and enlivens the record a bit. 

I would have preferred if Lana sang BUS by herself - lyrically makes more sense for a solo - but hey, Nikki Lane wrote the song, so it's only fair. And the reverb on her voice on Yosemite is not necessary, but I'm used to it from Rick N. (why does he keep doing that?) 

And one more thing - NFR was a bit bloated and could have done without the 6-minute NBAR on it.This is more crisp in comparison, and it's good to have a concise Lana album.  

All in all, a strong 7.5/10 from me. Maybe will grow to an 8. I'm sure Fantano will like it and Pitchfork will give it a 7.5 at least. 

That's all! I was so excited to hear this record, and so happy it delivered!:)))))

Spoiler

I think Yosemite is my favourite lyrically:

"I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons" :trisha:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif