Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, faruhs said:

People on ATRL are claiming it's Miley cuz that song was cut from Plastic Hearts or something. I'm so confused.

They're just pulling your leg. Lana confirmed back in October that she & Nikki wrote the song together, and Nikki was willing to let Lana put it on Chemtrails. The song never involved Miley x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, lamms said:

Waiting until the 19th to listen to the album is like holding off on sex until marriage: not worth it. But I‘ll stand with my fellow COCC virgins, until the time is right :ma:

Can we start a COCC virgin pact please

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

24 minutes ago, AngelHeadedHipster said:

Reveal hidden contents

This album is incredibly short and it seems pretty bland and uninspired. All the songs seem like clones of each other. Not much of a variety sonically. The vibe of the album is basically a "Lazy Afternoon Siesta". Lana sounds burned out and fed up of her career. I blame JackOff for this snoozefest production and her boring ex boyfriend Sean Larkin who pushed her into Granny territory with this boring sound. NFR was way more livelier than COTCC. She has lost the Fire that she had in abundance in the beginning of her career. It seems like now she is putting out an album like this only due to contractual obligations. I'm super disappointed with this album. This is not the Lana we all fell in love with. There is nothing Wild about this album. Somehow the industry has killed off her creative spark. 

It sounds like when you listened to the album you forgot to turn your ears on...like seriously are you sure you have the right album? If anything the production and lyrics are more adventurous. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm not getting a "she lost her creative spark" from this record. Like at all.

:oprah3: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, EndlessSummer said:
  Hide contents

Which demo? Demo 1?

Spoiler

I think the latest leaked one, the one where she sings “do you want me or do you not, I don’t care anymore” sounds identical to the “you make me feel like I’m invincible, just like I wanted” part in Yosemite

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Spoiler

Lana in 2017: I was scared to put Yosemite on LFL because I sing with a high pitched voice and it sounds vulnerable and I’m not sure I want people to hear that

Lana in 2021: alright let’s give them a whole album full of high falsetto and vulnerable vocals

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 minute ago, FallingCherry said:
  Hide contents

Lana in 2017: I was scared to put Yosemite on LFL because I sing with a high pitched voice and it sounds vulnerable and I’m not sure I want people to hear that

Lana in 2021: alright let’s give them a whole album full of high falsetto and vulnerable vocals

Spoiler

I love her so much and this album so much but I really hate the high falsetto, it’s my least favourite vocal thing she’s done. I understand why she’s doing it though and this isn’t a criticism bc it’s still gorgeous 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Spoiler

I fucking love it:wowcry:

I'm digging the folky vibe and she did that with DBJAG :lange:

Jack pls forgive whatever I said to you:krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

To be fair, she’s only written the ‘candle in the wind’ once per era. It just seems like more on this album because she says it in two songs 

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

idk what I was expecting white dress to sound like but I for sure was not expecting it to sound like this. it really doesn't seem like a single to me and I feel like there are more deserving songs for a music video but that's not to say I don't like it

Spoiler

I haven't listened to the full album yet but so far it is nowhere near as good as NFR. I still really enjoy the songs I've heard though and there's always room for them to grow on me.

Just now, VioletBunny said:
  Hide contents

I love her so much and this album so much but I really hate the high falsetto, it’s my least favourite vocal thing she’s done. I understand why she’s doing it though and this isn’t a criticism bc it’s still gorgeous 

I personally love it! It’s what I like the most about her voice, and I also think her voice never sounded better than on this album :)

But I can totally understand why you don’t like those specific vocals. My mom feels the same way, she prefers Lana’s low notes, but she’s a sucker for low voices in general haha 

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~