Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

15 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Screaming at this ATRL post, but I lowkey feel the same without being so hyperbolic:

Reveal hidden contents

"was surprised by the mixed reaction to this album... and then I wasn't.

This is further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething indie sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf music consumption to their name, and Dua Lipa stans who decided they liked "folk" music because they liked Taylor Swift's last two albums. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a singer/songwriter at the peak of her powers— that is, they've never encountered an artist like Lana del Rey at her peak on her sixth studio album.

The Lana del Rey of "Chemtrails Over the Country Club" is Lana as Lana is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she is nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is."

sis thats a copypasta :rip: the original is about

Britney's Private Show

image.png

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

sis thats a copypasta :rip: the original is about

Britney's Private Show

Well I agree with it anyway LMFAO

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The way we have to reveal hidden content before deciding which post is worth replying to :sadcore4:

Anyways I have this theory... her team actually shipped a few vinyls early for the album to leak :oprah3:

- so they can create even more hype with the 69 editions to pre-order :oprah3:

- or use it as an excuse to release it earlier and avoid competing against Bieber :oprah3:

- and last but not least, now they know we want them to release the following singles :

Spoiler

TJF and Dark But Just a Game

16 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Hide contents

To be fair, she’s only written the ‘candle in the wind’ once per era. It just seems like more on this album because she says it in two songs 

And she’s not mentioned ‘red party dress’ we really won. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Lana herself revealed in her MOJO interview that she didn't get that complete satisfaction with this album and it felt unfinished. She said with her NFR album she felt super confident about it and felt like it was a properly finished record. So in Lana's own words NFR is the superior record by miles. :worship:

COTCC  : Cookie Dough

NFR  Perfectly Baked Cookies

Spoiler

Here's my take:
After listening several times to this album, I understand why Lana found it hard to pinpoint its sound. It's very contemplative. You can definitely hear the influence of her poetry. The melodies on this album are complex and not catchy at first, but they are aesthetically accommodating. The music seems to intend to catch the atmosphere of her feelings in her songs. Tulsa Jesus Freak and Breaking Up Slowly are the only songs that offer musical simplicity and are the easiest to like at first. Certainly, the album displays some flaws and doesn't elaborate on drama as much as Born to Die or Cherry on LFL did. Lana could have offered some more diversity to the soundscape by adding songs like Thunder or Dealer. But it's cohesive and catches Lana at a moment of rest before the storm. It feels like she comfortably exhibited her introspective thoughts on this album. Like she shut herself off from the world to and took us to places that are emotionally ambiguous. But I predict that the other songs, like much of the work Honeymoon, will only unwind their power after listening to them for a longer period of times. Definitely a slow burn album. It will provide comfort and room for exploration for us as an audience for a long time.

Just now, mezzanine said:

@ the people trashing NFR... is it cr4ck?

it's having different taste

Spoiler

I don't really love White Dress....not really the type of song I find enjoyable to listen to

Wild at Heart is nice but it's literally just Love Song and HTD rolled into one...like that's the same instrumental....

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Spoiler

White Dress: career highlight. It's so vulnerable and bittersweet. And her vocals, we never heard her sounding like that before & I love it

Tulsa Jesus Freak: This song is so sensual. It awakes my inner stripper

Wild At Heart: I really love this one. The vocals!! She clearly samples HTD but I dig it..it made me think it's the sequel of Love Song & HTD

Dark But Just A Game: Wow!! This song is so cool, yet kinda sensual & I love it so much. Definetly one of my faves

NAWWAL: A very simple song with beautiful vocals. I'm a hoe for acoustic guitar songs so I like it

Yosemite: I love the peaceful vibe of this song. The bridge is definetly the highlight of the song. I really like it and I'm so happy that we finally got it

Breaking Up Slowly: I think this song needed more production or idk. The melody is beautiful & I'm sure it will grow on me. So far it's okay

Dance Till We Die: I was scared it would be a piano flop but it's not !! I love it and the BRIDGE is a highlight!!

For Free: I like it & it's a nice closer. The harmonies are really beautiful but somehow it left me a little disappointed after my first listen...kinda sad that Lana didn't close the album

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, AlexVirtuell said:
  Hide contents

Here's my take:
After listening several times to this album, I understand why Lana found it hard to pinpoint its sound. It's very contemplative. You can definitely hear the influence of her poetry. The melodies on this album are complex and not catchy at first, but they are aesthetically accommodating. The music seems to intend to catch the atmosphere of her feelings in her songs. Tulsa Jesus Freak and Breaking Up Slowly are the only songs that offer musical simplicity and are the easiest to like at first. Certainly, the album displays some flaws and doesn't elaborate on drama as much as Born to Die or Cherry on LFL did. Lana could have offered some more diversity to the soundscape by adding songs like Thunder or Dealer. But it's cohesive and catches Lana at a moment of rest before the storm. It feels like she comfortably exhibited her introspective thoughts on this album. Like she shut herself off from the world to and took us to places that are emotionally ambiguous. But I predict that the other songs, like much of the work Honeymoon, will only unwind their power after listening to them for a longer period of times. Definitely a slow burn album. It will provide comfort and room for exploration for us as an audience for a long time.

Spoiler

I lost it when you talked about sonic diversity and then mentioned a song that we haven't hard and know nothing about :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, AlexVirtuell said:
  Hide contents

Here's my take:

I actually get how she was unsure about adding dealer, the album has many different influences so it probably would have fit in. But at the same time maybe it was a bit too far sonically...I think she made the right choice.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Hide contents

I lost it when you talked about sonic diversity and then mentioned a song that we haven't hard and know nothing about :lmao: 

Spoiler

Hahaha. I just imagined it to be like her live rendition of "Heart-Shaped Box".

Just now, honeybadger said:

nooOOOOO why are we suddenly trashing this album.... i just listened to it i need someone to be excited with me :trisha:

I’m with you bestie 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Just now, honeybadger said:

nooOOOOO why are we suddenly trashing this album.... i just listened to it i need someone to be excited with me :trisha:

Like Honeymoon, it's not everyone's cup of tea at first, but will hold longevity

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

Yeah I love it a lot

Let's celebrate bestie :kris:

Spoiler

COCC<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NFR

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: