Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

Reveal hidden contents

not all who wander didn't grab me on the first few listens, but then it REALLY grabbed me

Yup, same! It was in my bottom three on first listen. Thought it was pretty experimental for her at first, and then I listened more and it really hits.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:
  Hide contents

my top five:

1. yosemite

2. white dress

3. dance till we die

4. wild at heart

5. tulsa jesus freak

Spoiler

thinking about it and i wouldn't be mad at literally any 5 of the songs being someone's top 5, they are all so stellar

aOaIzH2.gif

Spoiler

i can’t wait to listen to this in the summer... like i’m just fantasizing listening to this album at 3am with my friends surrounding a campfire at some log cabin in the woods

Spoiler

NAWWAL reminds me of bartender just in vibes only but i haven't listened to it in a few hours (taking a COCC break) so that might be a terrible take :bebe:

anyways if i could ATTEMPT a top five at the moment:

Spoiler

1. white dress

2. tulsa

3. yosemite

4. dark but just a game (???)

5. wild at heart

6. hidden track boom like that

sUcVobB.png

Just now, lovecherrymotion said:
  Hide contents

i can’t wait to listen to this in the summer... like i’m just fantasizing listening to this album at 3am with my friends surrounding a campfire at some log cabin in the woods

3am? i’m in bed by 11pm nearly every night.

Just now, honeybadger said:

anyways if i could ATTEMPT a top five at the moment:

Reveal hidden contents

1. white dress

2. tulsa

3. yosemite

4. dark but just a game (???)

5. wild at heart

6. hidden track boom like that

i've already changed my mind btw... :oprah: even with albums that have been out for YEARS my ranking changes 24/7 especially lana's albums because they're just so GOOD. there's just so many options as to what my top 5 could be depending on my mood, the day of the week, whatever, for all of her albums, this one included

sUcVobB.png

Spoiler

the vibe / sound of for free is so similar to norman fucking rockwell (the track) and it's the closing track, while nfr was the opening track of it's respective album... i just think that's so interesting! this album is just so intricately crafted :wub: 

WGe8ynS.gif

29 minutes ago, lovecherrymotion said:

there’s literally sooo many mixed reviews from ppl.. like everyone i know either LOVES it, or hates it. i think it’ll grow on some ppl but still there’s such a divide between fans rn??

Most fans HATED HM when it first came out. I was very lukewarm on it when it first came out. It grew on a lot of us, and now its widely considered one of her best. I think COCC will be recieved like that.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:
  Hide contents

The worst thing is that for what we know about it I think Dealer could have fitted the album perfectly. 

Spoiler

i literally hate her for not including dealer... she’s already singing like her rent is due on white dress & tulsa jesus freak, why not one more song like them but with more camp

Spoiler

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I'm not going through 2309423 new pages of spoiler tags but WD is such a contrast to a song like 13 Beaches

"'cause it was such a scene...and I felt seen" versus "it took 13 beaches to find one empty / I'm camera ready almost all the time / but you still can find me," etc. When she was 19 she felt high off of being noticed and was hungry for fame. Now she wants to get away from it and will go to great lengths to be alone and by herself.

For me anyway, it solidifies that she's not singing to a person in 13 Beaches, but to fame. "It hurts to love [fame], but I still love [fame], it's just the way I feel. And I'd be lying if I've been hiding the fact that I can't deal [with fame and all that comes with it]."

:trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha::trisha:

giphy-1.gif