Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

There's something so timeless and ancient about the melodies on this album. I don't know, I'm listening to songs like DBJAG and DTWD and NAWWAL and all the others, and it feels like something that the Beatles or something would've taken for themselves. I think it's the sunshine inherent in the songs. They sound as though crafted from an everlasting record world 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I love how when i finish streaming LMLYLAW Tove Lo’s Glad That He’s Gone starts bc it sounds like an answer to that hahahahaha

also i always find myself singing it as “let me love you like i wanna, you can hold me like a baby”

also, i think wild at heart is kind of a weird song bc it sounds like it could fit on another album but i don’t know what one. It reminds me of the chelsea hotel no 2 cover

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I can see why fans (those who have listened) are divided on this album. In my opinion, it is cohesive, concise, intimate, and personal. It is definitely not something that someone is able to digest fully and easily on first listen. The studio noises and fuzziness, imperfect vocals (and I mean that in the best way), and the airiness of it all definitely make it so incredibly raw. I am in awe. When I hear the songs on this album, I just think of the word "dazzling". It truly is beautiful. From the high pitched, fast-paced vocals in 'White Dress' (which made me cry, btw), to the breathiness in 'Tulsa Jesus Freak', to even the witchiness and ominous vibes 'Yosemite' brings... it's just such an intimate experience. This album will grow on a lot of people, I think, and it'll be a standout in her discography for years to come. 

Spoiler

Glad you described the album this way. I can completely agree. This album is a career highlight and the most intimate experience from any Lana album i’ve listened to. This is her ROOTS. & the lyricism is fantastic

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, May said:

these are my same issues with the album too

Hide contents

i don’t know how to explain it but it doesn’t feel like a full body of work. at the moment it kinda just feels... there? as though maybe it’s purpose is solely to be a bridge from NFR to the album after this one. the songs are overall enjoyable but somehow it feels more like an EP or a bunch of unreleased songs leaking at once rather than a fully fleshed out album project

Spoiler

YEAH like i cut this from my original post but i was gonna say if you took the best songs off this and put them on NFR you would have her best album hands down.  combined with what she's been saying as of late it just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth?  i'll probably still casually spin the album in my shuffle but other than the 5 i liked, i can't imagine actively seeking out these songs, which is a first for lana- and something i don't experience w her again

edit: i WILL say tho i get why some people like it.  it's polarizing in a way i think lana needs to be at this point.  for as much as i find some things on this album to be misses, her at least trying them is better than her phoning in a super-close-to-NFR retread

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Just now, Sugar Venom said:
  Hide contents

does ysoemtie sound like change to anyone else??

YES!!! THATS WHAT IT IS. THANK YOU finally. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Maybe that was the real reason she left it off?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Spoiler

The way everyone is talking about imperfect vocals and studio sounds and fuzziness they left is bringing to mind the best album ever recorded by a human being, boys for pele, and how special that quality made that record. I’m hoping this gives me that same vibe. 

2 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I thought the exact same thing!!

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Hide contents

YES!!! THATS WHAT IT IS. THANK YOU finally. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Maybe that was the real reason she left it off?

Spoiler

Yes!!! It took me a while to figure it out, at first I thought it was something off Honeymoon or even Paradise so maybe there's another hidden melody sample in there too??? if she put this after Change on LFL it would've been so good tho :defeated:

UbsOye5.png

i think dark but just a game is a fantastic track, i love the backing vocals during the verses but it reminds me of something else…. Like what LFL was meaning to be. It’s weird, these songs all sound like outtakes from other albums to me tbh

giphy.gif

Just now, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

Is it just me... or does the very very beginning of DBJAG pre-chorus kind of sound very similar to The Weeknd's 'Starboy' pre-chorus, just sort of slowed down? I think i'm hearing things at this point LOL:teehee:

I’ll go back and listen for it!! I love him

giphy.gif

Just now, Dum-Dum said:

i haven’t listened to lana in soooo long but where does this album compare with her previous work 

honestly, it doesn’t compare with anything. It’s yet again another curveball. It sounds like a mix of NFR and KINDA SORTA LFL but more like AKA or Sirens, it’s not like LFL in a sense where it’s similar and fast, “fun” kind of tracks, they’re more or less slower and acoustic but i swear i hear synth and drums and mellotron on some of these tracks so take with that as you will, you can definitely hear rick on yosemite, it has his touch 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

someone should make a thread so we can find and discuss all the connections between cotcc and her other music (and if there are references to other artists?), I feel like there are SO many!!!! she always references herself but I feel like this is way more often than usual, and I feel like it's much more on purpose than just falling back on cliches, I really love it so much :flutter:

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, Dum-Dum said:

i haven’t listened to lana in soooo long but where does this album compare with her previous work 

Spoiler

you'll probably really like it if you're into folk / nfr, but it's a lot more colorful in my opinion, like ldrakalg, it's very raw, light, and airy, but it's a very fun album to listen to

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Spoiler

I miss the Born to Die kind of Lana. All this indie/folk vibe was cute for 2 or 3 albums, but now it is starting to feel dated/monotonous. Wish she could do more vibrant, campy songs like Off to the Races.

YALL IT’S VELVET CROWBAR VOCALS ON DANCE TILL WE DIE THATS WHAT IT IS I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

Just now, xcxc said:

I miss the Born to Die kind of Lana. All this indie/folk vibe was cute for 2 or 3 albums, but not it is starting to feel dated/monotonous. Wish she could do more vibrant, campy songs like Off to the Races.

I feel this i miss OTTR too but maybe the next album will be another revamp of her sound yet again

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Reveal hidden contents

YALL IT’S VELVET CROWBAR VOCALS ON DANCE TILL WE DIE THATS WHAT IT IS I’VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT

I feel this i miss OTTR too but maybe the next album will be another revamp of her sound yet again

I hope so! :defeated: She needs to give Jack Antonoff some rest and go back to collaborating with new, unknown producers with fresher sounds/beats just as she did back in 2009/2010.

Y’all really think a woman pushing 40 is gonna venture into the lolita/daddy issues aesthetic/sound again? It’s never gonna happen Tiffany ever ever. It’s clear she wants to have a legacy like Joan/Joni which is more along the lines of singer/songwriter.