Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

who would ever think that nfr is better than btd :horror:

Me, certainly I :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Y’all really think a woman pushing 40 is gonna venture into the lolita/daddy issues aesthetic/sound again? It’s never gonna happen Tiffany ever ever. It’s clear she wants to have a legacy like Joan/Joni which is more along the lines of singer/songwriter.

tell that to her when she goes on her next tour and she's still singing video games, OTTR, and other BTD tracks :candy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, HydroponicWeeds said:

tell that to her when she goes on her next tour and she's still singing video games, OTTR, and other BTD tracks :candy:

"singing" is a weird way to spell mumbling ... luv her tho 

UbsOye5.png

7 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Y’all really think a woman pushing 40 is gonna venture into the lolita/daddy issues aesthetic/sound again? It’s never gonna happen Tiffany ever ever. It’s clear she wants to have a legacy like Joan/Joni which is more along the lines of singer/songwriter.

Yeah, her sound is way more mature now. But even with Ultraviolence, which is so different from BTD, her sound was so fresh and new. Now, if you put Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COTCC next to each other, all the songs have the same vibe, and I couldn't stand another future album with the same, exact aesthetic.

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I would say that’s out of pure laziness of learning new live arrangements

clearly the music that she is making and releasing in 2021 is a better indication of her mindset than tour set lists which are designed to sell tickets and maximize profit 

Just now, xcxc said:

Yeah, her sound is way more mature now. But even with Ultraviolence, which is so different from BTD, her sound was so fresh and new. Now, if you put Honeymoon, LFL, NFR and COTCC next to each other, all the songs have the same vibe, and I couldn't stand another album in the future with the same, exact aesthetic.

Maybe what you dislike is the songwriting style? Because the production between those albums (besides NFR/COTCC) are quite different. 

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Exactly, shes def maturing her sound. I appreciate her absolute variety as an artist, you guys shouldn't expect or want her to sing about daddies, drugs, and diamonds all the time. Of course those songs are classics, but shes so much more than this fantasy that yall seem to have about her. I always say that shes gonna be one of those people thats going to be a legend even more so than she is now once shes gone because people are going to look back at her full career as a writer (songs and poetry included)  and its not gonna be because she sang about the same thing all the time or because every song had a punchy theatrical presence. Its going to be because of her story telling. I havent listened to the leaks but im so excited to hear a different side of her!

it shouldn't come as a surprise that her music and artistry will change, progress, and mature with time, she's not going to make the same kind of music she did back in 2011, she's changed a lot, but in a way, it's also very similar to the may jailer / lizzy grant era, which was before the born to die era, it's almost hard to believe that they were the same person who made born to die is the same person who made nfr / cotcc  because the music is so different, but it's also really cool to see how her artistry has progressed throughout the past decade :) 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

Maybe what you dislike is the songwriting style? Because the production between those albums (besides NFR/COTCC) are quite different. 

Yeah, maybe it's that. But also the production takes part on it! Oh godddd, I just miss those joyful, exquisite moments like the outro of This Is What Makes Us Girls. A SERVE.

5 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Of course people are going to want her to perform her classics so she would as most performers do, but its obvious shes exploring different themes in her art recently.

my thoughts even though no one asked for them

I like the album but not as much as NFR

:( it might be because I don't really have an emotional connection with any of the songs yet like I do with NFR/UV. It's like a mix of LFL, NFR, AKA, Sirens. I think the lyrics are great on this one, I didn't really find any cringe worthy lyrics/moments compared to her past albums but I'm trying to get used to the "Down at the men in music business conference" moment in WD. I'm NOT the biggest fan of the LFL reverby vocals but I like them a bit better on this album compared to LFL. 

Random comments of all the songs: 

- the White Dress piano reminds me of Adele and idk if I like that, but it's growing on me. something about the song seems off to me but I enjoy the second half of it 

- COCC is a clear album highlight imo, I wish its imagery was explored more in the album though???

- TJF is awesome I love the autotune, definitely the most Lizzy song she's released lately 

- LMLYLAW is gorgeous as always imo, somewhat awkward placement though

- Wild at Heart's HTD sample is really random but welcome 

- Dark But Just a Game reminds of a Dido song but darker/sexier (reminds me of Hunter)

- Not All Who Wander Are Lost sounds like a campfire song, very nice and sing-a-longy 

- Yosemite is like a 70s Sibylle Baier song, love it it's a very unique Lana song 

- I actually REALLY like the BUS instrumental, very soothing 

- Dance Till We Die's Grateful Dead bridge is awesome

I want to listen to the album more! I really wish there were more dream pop but I should have expected it with her own descriptions of the album lol. I would have prefered a different type of folk like folk-pop or chamber folk but it's okay </3 it's a good album imo! overall has lana's most unique songs fasho

sgopYhV.gif

The good thing about the album leaking, is that we won't have to deal with those low ass quality snippets on dbree until the next era :trisha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Loved it at first listen and literally cried the whole time from beginning to end at my first listen (rn i'm listening for the fifth time).

White Dress is her best opening track along BTD.

Tulsa Jesus Freak is def my fave, when she sang the bridge I was on the fucking ground and feeling in heaven.

Dark But Just a Game is so poetic I can't even describe, simply one of the greastest songs (we keep changing all the time, the best ones lost their minds - this line of the song got me).

Yosemite is kinda dark and I loved the whole vibe of it (and it's not a happy song as she described when LFL came out).

Yeah, she SLAYED us again and delivered one of her greastest albums. Truly a masterpiece along Norman and UV. A real classic.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791