Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

okay so who's gonna leak that wanderlust/NAWWAL demo or whatever it's called and LMLY UV demo????

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I have a gut feeling this album will get critical acclaim. There’s nothing not to like imo? I do think critics might have a problem with her not fully realizing the “chemtrails” theme but otherwise she takes risks that pay off and the lyrics are mature. 

Just now, anwdelrey said:

I have a gut feeling this album will get critical acclaim. There’s nothing not to like imo? I do think critics might have a problem with her not fully realizing the “chemtrails” theme but otherwise she takes risks that pay off and the lyrics are mature. 

AOTY 2022? GOD PLEASE, THAT'S ALL I ASK, OUR GIRL DESERVES IT

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Just now, anwdelrey said:

unfortunately there's a likely chance that they'll be biased because of her controversies... :dorothy3: i feel like that's very unprofessional and we're all aware that she's not perfect, but the music is impactful and beautiful regardless :whatever2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

31 minutes ago, xcxc said:

I miss the Born to Die kind of Lana. All this indie/folk vibe was cute for 2 or 3 albums, but now it is starting to feel dated/monotonous. Wish she could do more vibrant, campy songs like Off to the Races.

born to die has had its time. she was 25 when she made that record now she's 35, she's grown and mature and doesn't want to write gangsta boyfriend lolita shit with all that overproduction. we have to accept she'd rather just do stripped acoustic/ballad stuff so if you're looking for btd in present day lana you might as well just not even bother listening to her new stuff :oic2:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Anyways I’ve been thinking about the title of the album and 

usually I feel like her album titles fit the mood of the album perfectly but this one I’m not so sure. I love COCC the song and think it’s one of her very best title tracks, but I am left sort of not understanding the title and how it relates to much of the music, which is never usually the case 

but I also don’t know what other song would have been a good title track? I think knowing that not all who wander are losts original title was Wanderlust would have been a cool album title and another really striking one word title in her discography  

the album is all about feeling free and finding peace I feel like so just thought it could fit with the goal of trying to reach that

any one have any thoughts ? Idk this is rambling lol

Spoiler

I was thinking about this too and I agree that this album really has nothing to do with "chemtrails" or "country clubs" haha which is unfortunate because I love the title, but I also love the album 

That being said, I don't think any other song would have worked as the title track if cocc was still included on the album. Its just too random and specific to not be the title track, and I don't know if anything else would have fit better as the name of the song

I think its just kind of like how the album cover doesn't fit the "chemtrails over the country club" aesthetic, and I don't think it really fits the aesthetic of the whole album either. The Neil Krug cover definitely fits the album better (but not so much the "chemtrails" and "country club" aesthetic

Idk exactly what to make of this but it was just something I was thinking about haha :really:

15 minutes ago, new gods said:

born to die has had its time, she was 25 when she made that record now she's 35 so if you're looking for btd in present day lana you might as well just not even bother listening to her new stuff, she's grown and mature and doesn't want all that overproduction we have to accept she'd rather just do songwriter acoustic/ballad stuff :oic2:

i just want a BEAT 

:worship:

Spoiler

tulsa jesus freak supremacy 

Spoiler

I almost wish Lana hadn't posted the TJF snippet back in the summer because it's honestly one of my favourites, and I think if I had heard it without hearing the snippet I would've lost my mind even more. That being said the "white hot forever" part had me in TEARS. And her cute little "ah ah, ah ah" s and "ssah, ssah"s ?!?!? Her mind. 

16 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I mean, I’m still Team Rock Album next, but I’m happy to immerse myself in this one for a while before she moves on. 

Im so here for a rock album. Listen to the edited rock versions of some of her songs on youtube they serve everytime

Spoiler

let's not forget that tulsa jesus freak is a SULTRY BANGER, let's not pretend that she's boring and uninspired :oprah3: and also, folk / rock / singer-songwriter can be an amazing genre of music, there's so much room for creativity and originality :oprah3:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

13 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I almost wish Lana hadn't posted the TJF snippet back in the summer because it's honestly one of my favourites, and I think if I had heard it without hearing the snippet I would've lost my mind even more. That being said the "white hot forever" part had me in TEARS. And her cute little "ah ah, ah ah" s and "ssah, ssah"s ?!?!? Her mind. 

Spoiler

can we all agree tjf is the best song on the record and please no debates next year :hooker: (or next page) 

3 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I felt just like you. The bridge made me cry so much

1 minute ago, 99centlips said:

can we all agree tjf is the best song on the record and please no debates next year :hooker: (or next page) 

I'm here for it. TJF SUPREMACY

Spoiler

I find TJF so sexy... Like, a song to get undressed real slowly for your lover

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:
  Reveal hidden contents

let's not forget that tulsa jesus freak is a SULTRY BANGER, let's not pretend that she's boring and uninspired :oprah3: and also, folk / rock / singer-songwriter can be an amazing genre of music, there's so much room for creativity and originality :oprah3:

TJF proved that lana can take any genre and make it a freaking BOP!!! 

Spoiler

folktronicaaaa antheeem ladieeeess:trisha:

Spoiler

"are these my good years or do I have none... are there really good years for everyone... I don't wanna live with a life of regret, I dont wanna end up like Tammy Wynette" makes me wanna cry cause I feel this way all the time 

also I just googled about Tammy Wynette & she was a beautiful and famous singer songwriter,

apparently she was robbed at gunpoint and left 80 miles south of Nashville & had bruises/broken cheekbone, and apparently it was created as a "robbery" but after her death her child revealed it was actually a Hoax to cover up her husbands abuse... damn