Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

14 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

i just want a BEAT 

:worship:

tulsa jesus freak supremacy 

Spoiler

I agree 100% Chemtrails, Tulsa Jesus Freak, and Dark But Just A Game are my favorite 3. Yosemite is cute. The rest are basically country music.

I mean it’s something different. I thought this was going to be a mix of Honeymoon and UV. I was WRONG. With the exception of Chemtrails and Tulsa Jesus Freak lol. 

I know I’m going to fall in love with it though. It always takes me like a month or two to really study the lyrics and fall in love with every masterpiece she puts out. 

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

10 minutes ago, xcxc said:

Yeah, maybe it's that. But also the production takes part on it! Oh godddd, I just miss those joyful, exquisite moments like the outro of This Is What Makes Us Girls. A SERVE.

retweet x10000000000

also the way you guys think after 35 people aren't allowed to be vibrant 

even on a somewhat mellower (or, more """mature""" in lanaboards vocabulary) note,  Lucky Ones is kind of pared down compared to the likes of OTTR or TIWMUG and I WISH!!!! she would bring that back again. The song has such a strong heartbeat, the swell of the strings and those rolling drums and then the crash like Please miss lana 

even something like my namesake, actually how cool would another radio, brooklyn baby, fmwutt themed song pointed at critics be....

(not critics of her behavior but her entire career people have misunderstood her music and written if off but now she's gotten great acclaim, like that dynamic, not a response to qftc :toofunny:)

UbsOye5.png

4 minutes ago, I Come In Peace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So, no one will talk about the fact that BUS is one of Lana's best songs?

Girl i found it hard to find lana in that song 

what u talking about?! :pls:

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

The way this album is making me realize I am a candle in the wind :tommy:

We are, but we'll be

white hot forever and ever and ever, amem

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Spoiler

Just listened to White Dress for the first time. This shit is next level artistry for Ms. Del Rey. She’s clearly trying to push herself to do uncomfortable things and it definitely pays off here. 

Just now, domandapiano said:
  Hide contents

Just listened to White Dress for the first time. This shit is next level artistry for Ms. Del Rey. She’s clearly trying to push herself to do uncomfortable things and it definitely pays off here. 

Spoiler

It feels so raw and vulnerable, especially because of the vocal styling (which I love). Definitely a career highlight in my opinion. 

Spoiler

reviews as I listen for the first time

-white dress: you can literally hear her voice crack when she's in her head voice, and while I appreciate the rawness of it, it's also the opening track of your highly anticipated album since 2019? it feels undone or demo like to me. I also firmly believe jack antonoff shits stuff out of his ass for her. his work on folklore and st Vincent's last single makes this just seem like he didn't even want to be there.

-chemtrails over the country club: this is song is incredibly catchy and gets stuck in my head a lot. this song is my favorite lyrics from her from a long time. I love the ending drums. (edit as I listen to TJS, this song doesn't deserve to be the title track definitely.)

-tulsa Jesus freak: very catchy melody, I don't like the reverb on her voice at the beginning. I had higher hopes for this song in terms of production and found myself getting sort of bored listening to it. I also really enjoy the pitch corrected keys. didn't meet up to my expectations though. 

-let me bore you like a boredom-: this is her worst single, maybe even worst song ever? it sounds like she's a wanna be song writer trying to write a song that sounds like Lana Del Rey..? the reverb, again, gives it an unnecessary dynamic when the instrumental seems very intimate, which I feel creates a type of void inside that dynamic. fuck this song.

-wild at heart: I definitely like this better than how to disappear. the prechorus is such a beautiful melody, and although I like it better than HTD, I feel like this song deserved much more of an astonishing and new chorus. it also lacks vocal production in areas where it sounds needed. at the end of the second chorus, I like her ultraviolence-ish vocals. the second chorus sounds like she's tired of singing this song. this song sounds like she's trying to revisit parts of her past because of how many ways she's making her voice sound, which I really love.

-dark but just a game: wow I love the melody and guitar riff, that beat really took me surprise and I wish she went in this direction more with the whole album. again, I'm wishing she wouldn't revisit fuck it I love you in a way. I love when her voice gets dryish in the chorus. but the lyrics definitely had me saying in my head at some points: "Lana Del Rey try to write about something new challenge." I love the verses A LOT and they feel sexual in a way, I'm all over this song. this song also sounded like a revisit to Venice bitch. im getting annoyed with these references to NFR lol.

-not all who wander are lost: I really enjoyed her vocals in this! the layers are really pleasant on the ears! I do not like the part where you hear jacks voice after the chorus, it adds nothing to the track and sounds of place. love her harmonies too. very weak bridge, very weak ending in general, and nothing exciting. 

-yosemite:  I enjoy her head voice in the chorus much better than white dress. but it also sounds like it should've been after tomorrow never came on the LFL trackless. also didn't meet up to my expectations, having waited for years to get this. I'm slightly disappointed in this song. got pretty repetitive at the end.

-breaking up slowly: this is better than her Stevie nicks feature. I like the chord progression. I also found myself getting bored with this song and thinking it's repetitive.

-dance till we die: sometimes I listen to her more recent songs and just think: "what is she even talking about?" "what type of music does she think her fans existing prior to this era enjoy? and what's her target audience now?" very bored with the beginning of this track. her vocals around the end are very lovely to me! finally we have some different things to listen to. reminds me of noir. but fuck the way it goes back to that chorus. this song is my second least favorite. fuck this song, too.

-for free: also boring. cool cover of this song but tends to be anticlimactic, along with the rest of the album. weyes blood's voice always blows me away because of how unique it is.

full album review: had some good moments but I will never listen to this album front to back again. at some parts it felt painful to continue listening to and often found myself wanting to go to the next song or just one I was more excited for. its definitely her slowest album and seems pretty lazy to me in a way. tulsa Jesus freak and dark but just a game remain my favorites. with so much new direction and inspiring faces in music recently, it's sad to see someone I really could attach emotions to when I was younger, not progress in a progressing world of music. ultra violence and honeymoon remain her best albums with the best artistic directions. 

final rating::xgiggle:  4/10

here's my review on each song and the album as a whole. sincerely, a former Lana Del Rey Stan.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, bigspender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

-white dress: you can literally hear her voice crack when she's in her head voice, and while I appreciate the rawness of it, it's also the opening track of your highly anticipated album since 2019? it feels undone or demo like to me. I also firmly believe jack antonoff shits stuff out of his ass for her. his work on folklore and st Vincent's last single makes this just seem like he didn't even want to be there.

-chemtrails over the country club: this is song is incredibly catchy and gets stuck in my head a lot. this song is my favorite lyrics from her from a long time. I love the ending drums. (edit as I listen to TJS, this song doesn't deserve to be the title track definitely.)

-tulsa Jesus freak: very catchy melody, I don't like the reverb on her voice at the beginning. I had higher hopes for this song in terms of production and found myself getting sort of bored listening to it. I also really enjoy the pitch corrected keys. didn't meet up to my expectations though. 

-let me bore you like a boredom-: this is her worst single, maybe even worst song ever? it sounds like she's a wanna be song writer trying to write a song that sounds like Lana Del Rey..? the reverb, again, gives it an unnecessary dynamic when the instrumental seems very intimate, which I feel creates a type of void inside that dynamic. fuck this song.

-wild at heart: I definitely like this better than how to disappear. the prechorus is such a beautiful melody, and although I like it better than HTD, I feel like this song deserved much more of an astonishing and new chorus. it also lacks vocal production in areas where it sounds needed. at the end of the second chorus, I like her ultraviolence-ish vocals. the second chorus sounds like she's tired of singing this song. this song sounds like she's trying to revisit parts of her past because of how many ways she's making her voice sound, which I really love.

-dark but just a game: wow I love the melody and guitar riff, that beat really took me surprise and I wish she went in this direction more with the whole album. again, I'm wishing she wouldn't revisit fuck it I love you in a way. I love when her voice gets dryish in the chorus. but the lyrics definitely had me saying in my head at some points: "Lana Del Rey try to write about something new challenge." I love the verses A LOT and they feel sexual in a way, I'm all over this song. this song also sounded like a revisit to Venice bitch. im getting annoyed with these references to NFR lol.

-not all who wander are lost: I really enjoyed her vocals in this! the layers are really pleasant on the ears! I do not like the part where you hear jacks voice after the chorus, it adds nothing to the track and sounds of place. love her harmonies too. very weak bridge, very weak ending in general, and nothing exciting. 

-yosemite:  I enjoy her head voice in the chorus much better than white dress. but it also sounds like it should've been after tomorrow never came on the LFL trackless. also didn't meet up to my expectations, having waited for years to get this. I'm slightly disappointed in this song. got pretty repetitive at the end.

-breaking up slowly: this is better than her Stevie nicks feature. I like the chord progression. I also found myself getting bored with this song and thinking it's repetitive.

-dance till we die: sometimes I listen to her more recent songs and just think: "what is she even talking about?" "what type of music does she think her fans existing prior to this era enjoy? and what's her target audience now?" very bored with the beginning of this track. her vocals around the end are very lovely to me! finally we have some different things to listen to. reminds me of noir. but fuck the way it goes back to that chorus. this song is my second least favorite. fuck this song, too.

-for free: also boring. cool cover of this song but tends to be anticlimactic, along with the rest of the album. weyes blood's voice always blows me away because of how unique it is.

full album review: had some good moments but I will never listen to this album front to back again. at some parts it felt painful to continue listening to and often found myself wanting to go to the next song or just one I was more excited for. its definitely her slowest album and seems pretty lazy to me in a way. tulsa Jesus freak and dark but just a game remain my favorites. with so much new direction and inspiring faces in music recently, it's sad to see someone I really could attach emotions to when I was younger, not progress in a progressing world of music. ultra violence and honeymoon remain her best albums with the best artistic directions. 

here's my review on each song and the album as a whole. sincerely, a former Lana Del Rey Stan.

goodbye!

5 minutes ago, bigspender said:
  Hide contents

Bye bye 

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Spoiler

I honestly think the title ‘Chemtrails Over The Country Club’ had absolutely nothing to do with the entirety of songs.. even the song itself failed to use the title as a main theme.. with that being said I think it’s genius. It’s kind of the manic/ contemplative state we are all in during this time. An era of our life that we didn’t really see coming, very introspective and chaotic... you can hear reminiscents of that in this album... it visually represents an era of ‘wtf is going on’ and Lana is just flat out sharing with us a collective of songs in the everyday life of her mind.. no cohesiveness at all which is the first time.. I admire that. Hope that makes sense.. I’m high lol

Spoiler

The htd music in wild at heart it certainly jarring at first but the song is otherwise fucking amazing. Tulsa Jesus Freak had me clutching my pearls as well. 

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

you know the album's powerful when it's causing people to unstan :oprah3: 

:lmao: