Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

10 minutes ago, GetFree said:

Can we just appreciate how our girl Lana peaked and churned out SIXTEEN tracks for Lust for Life and then spared more in her pocket for future records??????? + Tour + Magazine covers + interviews + social media interactions + red carpet looks

like that’s incredible how much creative output she had for LFL.

didn't she actually work on over 100 songs for LFL?

Back on topic, I'm so excited for Dark But Just A Game!!! These descriptions have been amazing:flutter:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Spoiler

The emotions and melodies of COCC make NFR look small.  Yes, recently I also wanted a bigger production, but Wanderlust infected me, I hear it all the time now. And it feels right, this album. Thank you, LustforMoney for your status update. Jack isn't that bad, at least here.  It feels a bit like the soul of Lust for Life, so raw and untreated, and so playful and dreamy. I love the dreamy thing about the album.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

19 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:
  Hide contents

Guys wot the fuck is Wanderlust? :crossed:

It's when you feel the urge to get up and go, to leave everything and just travel or move on. Historically, especially before the 20th century, this has largely been attributed to happening to men, but of course that's not wholly accurate. Men going to sea and joining various kinds of military units to 'see the world' is an example of this. Or, even earlier, the Crusades.  

Joni Mitchell's album 'Hejira' is a record of her own travels in the mid-70s, when  friends told her they were driving across America and asked her if she wanted to go, and she dropped everything and got into the backseat, and off she went, in a spurt of wanderlust. The Beats and most of their works were also inspired by the same desire. 

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It's when you feel the urge to get up and go, to leave everything and just travel or move on. Historically, especially before the 20th century, this has largely been attributed to happening to men, but of course that's not wholly accurate. Men going to sea and joining various kinds of military units to 'see the world' is an example of this. Or, even earlier, the Crusades.  

Joni Mitchell's album 'Hejira' is a record of her own travels in the mid-70s, when  friends told her they were driving across America and asked her if she wanted to go, and she dropped everything and got into the backseat, and off she went, in a spurt of wanderlust. The Beats and most of their works were also inspired by the same desire. 

Thank you sm for explaining this!

I was wondering because it sounds like some ppl are addressing that word as a song so I thought it was the title to one of the songs which I hadn’t heard of. I was so confused

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGirl said:
  Hide contents

the fact that Not All Who Wander was for NFR…I wonder what other NFR outtakes sound like because that one song tops almost half the album

Spoiler

I think she might’ve had the concept or a demo when she was recording NFR, or took some elements from a song that was meant for NFR (kinda like Bird World became Norman) but she clearly recorded (or re-recorded) the final version after NFR got released

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i just read so many pages clicking millions of spoiler thingies djdjdjjfjh but i can't stop thinking about how i love all your posts about the album! it gives me such a special feeling listening to it and reading all your beautiful posts simultaneously. especially @Lustformoney and @electra

Spoiler

this gif is encapsulating everything i'm feeling about the album rn, it's so gorgeous

giphy.gif

patrick being a little slutty and fun

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

in the context of the album, the ugly picnic cover makes even less sense:bye: why lana why. The neil cover fits perfectly

She’s an inclusive woman!!!! 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me