Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

girl I fully agree but did you listen to it? :bebe:

LMFAOFDGSNBFKL omg i'm so sorry yes i did i caved it was a weak moment :trisha: but now i'm back on cocc abstinence. i already forget what most of the songs sound like and most of the lyrics so i'm waiting until the 19th to really throw myself in again... and it'll be nice and fresh

5 minutes ago, new gods said:
  Hide contents

love you like a wombat almost feels like it doesn't fit, it feels too generic next to the rest :bebe:

Spoiler

i kinda fully agree, it's probably the most "palatable" song in the album. but a good transition from NFR to COCC as the first single because it was like a soft introduction into the sound...

also let me love you like a wombat... iconic giphy.gif

sUcVobB.png

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing. but: 

does anyone else feel no need to listen to Chemtrails in order? Idk why but White Dress doesn't really feel like an opener, while LMLYLAW does. There's something about this particular album's narrative that doesn't make me want to listen to it in order like HM and Norman. It reminds me of UV for this reason. It sounds much better on shuffle. Definitely still super strong and one of my faves!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 hours ago, Distantly said:

Do you mind me asking where you saw that? I don’t think that’s bad at all honestly. Mixed in with people who buy it in stores on release week or in iTunes I think it could do similar to NFR!! Streaming will be another monster but hopefully we can do well there too. I’ll be steaming in Spotify Apple Music and my 30 day free trial of Amazon music

Girl i have my sources but i can reveal them  :$ But trusth me. Its true. And yes its a very good number. She will probally do 150-170kk ww first week 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

And i talked to a friend that work on a very important media here in French and he said some critic already listened to it leaked. The opnions are mixed. He thinks that tradicional media (like Mojo) will love the album and popular media (like e! Weekly) will not feel it. Lets pray! 

4 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

For those who have listened, how do you think the critics will feel about COCC?

if they aren’t biased based on the recent controversy i think it could be ab as big as NFR

3 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

If they don't want to embarrass themselves, I think it could do super well. They can't go from praising NFR to trashing this album based on the music without sounding like idiots. If they choose to let her controversies influence the reviews though, that's a different story. :toofunny:

1 hour ago, Doll Harlow said:

Mixed reviews but they WILL say

Spoiler

‘Dark But Just A Game’

is a career highlight 

Edited by Elle
spoiler tag added x

5 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

a lot of 4/5, some 3. Pitchfork will probably stay between 7.9 and 8.5. I wouldn't be surprised with best new music or best new track for White Dress, especially the latter 

6 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

The controversies will definitely play a part and most critics will go in with an agenda when they listen to it, so i couldn't care less this time around. F them :oopna2:

Dont forget that some metacritic critics hate her now like Variery, that write bad about since the oppen letter. So dont hope another universal acclamation. Alot of critics dont judge the artist work but the artist life. :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

And i talked to a friend that work on a very important media here in French and he said some critic already listened to it leaked. The opnions are mixed. He thinks that tradicional media (like Mojo) will love the album and popular media (like e! Weekly) will not feel it. Lets pray! 

I really don't think anyone should take e!weekly seriously

17 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

me having not heard the album with, by my side, actually no one because everybody's in chemtrails heaven already

giphy.gif

Im with you bestie:creep: