Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

11 minutes ago, 99centlips said:
Spoiler

https://www.dnjournal.com/events/2008/traffic-east-orlando-review-original.htm

i feel like she means this conference? it was in orlando? i wouldn't call is a music conference though so i'm not sure

That makes sense!! The way I couldn’t find her in that pic :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

15 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

@honeybadger

I always love the GIF'S you choose to post...ICONIC :krylie:

UGH love. my inspiration comes from you all and COCC of course. a natural album with wild animal energy giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, boom like that said:
  Hide contents

So my number one gripe is the fact that Not All Who Wander Are Lost has NO organs whatsoever :oprah2: Honestly was the biggest disappointment I honestly thought I got trolled and someone made it up on here but I checked and it is listed. Still love love love it, BUT I have a sneaking suspicion that it was done more last minute and the physicals got a demo version without organs kinda like FIILY :tommy: Its a big "if" but you cannot tell me theres an organ in that song because its actually nonexistent

Spoiler

WAIT i forgot about the organs...:eartha2: on the 19th when my cocc abstinence ends i'll look for them

sUcVobB.png

6 minutes ago, AlexVirtuell said:
  Hide contents

What do you think "White hot forever" is supposed to mean in "TJF"? I feel like she is creating imagery with these terms. I image a white blazing desert and this feeling of endless fulfillment paired with despair of not seeing anything through the light. What about you? What do you think she means when saying "white hot forever"?

Spoiler

to me the meaning is : they're on fire forever, she doesn't need to die young.in the same vein as "I aint no candle in the wind" aka she's not going to die young and its okay , age isn't gonna put out her fire

9 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

That makes sense!! The way I couldn’t find her in that pic :bebe:

Spoiler

just did some more digging and it looks like there was a Florida Music Festival & Conference in Orlando the same week as the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. one in 2008 so maybe she went to both with her dad?

Edited by Elle

29 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay. Am I going crazy or is there a cat meow in TJF at 1:41/1:42 after she says “ranch baby, [meow] I had to get away for awhile” I hear it in my right earphone. 

I need answers. 

Spoiler

The world is unfair when we have Nikki Lane's vocals in a song, but not Niko's vocals - the badass cat ? - in Tulsa Jesus Freak. :what:

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really think she is referencing coke..in between when she says “White Hot Forever” it sounds like she’s sniffing really loud 

but I’m probably completely wrong :bebe:

Spoiler

No, it's the sound you make when touching something very hot :bebe:

10 minutes ago, AlexVirtuell said:
  Hide contents

What do you think "White hot forever" is supposed to mean in "TJF"? I feel like she is creating imagery with these terms. I image a white blazing desert and this feeling of endless fulfillment paired with despair of not seeing anything through the light. What about you? What do you think she means when saying "white hot forever"?

Spoiler

passionate forever

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, wild caged animal said:
  Hide contents

No, it's the sound you make when touching something very hot :bebe:

Spoiler

That actually makes sense, too! :oic3:

I like my coke analogy though, plus she laughs at the end. Why would you laugh after getting burned

"Don’t forget me"

8 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:
Spoiler

Lana was 19 in 2004 though. Maybe 19 was for the rhyme 

Hide contents

When was she a waitress in Orlando? Am I mixing up her lyrical contexts?

Spoiler

hmmm idk it's a mystery. i don't know when she was supposedly in florida either...i remember she said her and her sister were spending a lot of time in miami and that's how she thought of "lana del rey" and that was definitely 2009-2010?  and she was not 19 

12 minutes ago, 99centlips said:
Spoiler

https://www.dnjournal.com/events/2008/traffic-east-orlando-review-original.htm

i feel like she means this conference? it was in orlando? i wouldn't call is a music conference though so i'm not sure

Spoiler

i'm BEGGING someone to make a WD cover using one of the candids from this event

rihKQ8M.gif

8 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:
Spoiler

Lana was 19 in 2004 though. Maybe 19 was for the rhyme 

Hide contents

When was she a waitress in Orlando? Am I mixing up her lyrical contexts?

Spoiler

i thought this too but then realized she's talking about a trip to orlando but not waitressing there

aOaIzH2.gif

Does anyone remember the video Lana and her staff/siblings were shooting in a barn? I can't exactly remember when, I think it was mid-september... do you think it was for the album or for someone/something else, totally unrelated to COCC?

I remember this vintage microphone at the center of a gloomy barn with sunlight filtering through the cracks in the walls :eartha2:

Was it a fever dream?

Lanarat.png

Just now, Fart Deco said:

Does anyone remember the video Lana and her staff/siblings were shooting in a barn? I can't exactly remember when, I think it was mid-september... do you think it was for the album or for someone/something else, totally unrelated to COCC?

I remember this vintage microphone at the center of a gloomy barn with sunlight filtering through the cracks in the walls :eartha2:

Was it a fever dream?

I think that was for one of Chucks friends :deadbanana:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Spoiler

So how do you guys feel about the album 33 hours after it leaked? I think many of the songs will continue to grow on me. actually, I really like all of the songs but "wanderlust". probably will end up being my favorite... even though I can't see it now. how do you feel? has it grown on you? were you loving it and still love it? or are you deeply dissapointed?

18 minutes ago, ItsACruelWorld said:

do we have any reason to believe that there will be a video for TJF?

i mean, that IG clip she posted and then deleted where it appeared that her brother (or someone) was shooting a vid for it. but who knows if we'll ever see the footage.

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, Nikogo said:
  Hide contents

That actually makes sense, too! :oic3:

I like my coke analogy though, plus she laughs at the end. Why would you laugh after getting burned

Spoiler

Yeah I like your analogy too. I'm a big Florida Kilos Pt.2 advocate. Maybe you're onto something:omg: