Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Does anyone remember the video Lana and her staff/siblings were shooting in a barn? I can't exactly remember when, I think it was mid-september... do you think it was for the album or for someone/something else, totally unrelated to COCC?

I remember this vintage microphone at the center of a gloomy barn with sunlight filtering through the cracks in the walls :eartha2:

Was it a fever dream?

no i remember! having heard the album now i could totally see the imagery fitting with the album...wonder if it was for the white dress vid?

aOaIzH2.gif

For those who have listened:

Besides AKA (and BTD), is COCC the most Lizzy Grant-esque album? If not, which album would you compare it to?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I think that was for one of Chucks friends :deadbanana:

Well, what a waste... the set looked intriguing + from your descriptions I feel like it would've perfectly fit the vibe of the record :pft:

Lanarat.png

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

For those who have listened:

Besides AKA (and BTD), is COCC the most Lizzy Grant-esque album? If not, which album would you compare it to?

Spoiler

It’s definitely Lizzy influenced but it’s more like Lizzy grown up

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

no i remember! having heard the album now i could totally see the imagery fitting with the album...wonder if it was for the white dress vid?

Apparently it was something for a chuck's friend... I guess we'll have two high budget videos (COCC and WD) and maybe an homemade one by Charlie (TJF?) if we're lucky, and that's all... :sadcore2:

Lanarat.png

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Hide contents

That actually makes sense, too! :oic3:

I like my coke analogy though, plus she laughs at the end. Why would you laugh after getting burned

Spoiler

Maybe if what is "hot" is a person? ??

2 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

Hide contents

One person described Dark But Just a Game as early 2000s sounding and another person said it had a Beatles vibe? I have no idea what that would sound like 

Spoiler

It literally sounds like both. Which is sad because I was hoping for an "unreleased" vibe throughout the whole song :(

1 minute ago, roseofacircus said:
  Hide contents

It literally sounds like both. Which is sad because I was hoping for an "unreleased" vibe throughout the whole song :(

Do any of the other songs have that kind of vibe?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Spoiler

ok hot take: id really enjoy if there IS a chemtrails deluxe, if she were to include Pawn Shop Blues. Would fit the vibe like a glove and it would be a really cool callback to her lizzy era and if its the LAST track out of the deluxe, the album would start w White Dress, about her lizzy days and ends w Pawn Shop Blues, a Lizzy song!

Spoiler

day two of only listening to White Dress and TJF. White Dress still amazing as always, it sounds like there's an accordion at times? But Tulsa has grown on me a lot! It's such a cool vibe and the ending is so so good

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF