Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

literally driving myself insane not listening to this album before the 19th.. all that keeps replaying in my head is the TJF snippet w the cat meows.. i know this wait will be worth it tho.  :icant:

We've got this bestie, time to bring out the cocc virgin purity rings :grinds:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Spoiler

please let this be the last album jack and lana ever do together...that's all im gonna say for now 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Spoiler

I have such a mixed opinion on this album. Its simultaneously very un-Lana (especially the countrier songs, which could be recorded by any other singer) and very proto-Lana (as in Sirens, AKA) at the same time. 

COCC seems to be an opposite of the grower since I liked it better during the first listen (my expectations for an other slower stripped down Jackoff album were pretty low after LMLYLAW) - especially because I was pleasantly surprised by her experimental vocals in White Dress, and the sound felt so serene and trippy. I really like the title track and TJF is the closest to the title of sexy bop on the album. Dark But Just a Game is nice and I like Breaking Up Slowly - but just as if it was not a Lana song? Idk

But afterwards it felt too cohesive? Boring? I'm kinda sad because once again there is nothing which can give me the intense emotions, feeling of grandeur and pure amazement UV and Honeymoon gave. Its a nice collection of songs but I absolutely don't get why anyone would praise it as a magnum opus - out of all her work.

Spoiler

the outro of tulsa jesus freak is making me tear up, it's so beautiful :( i love that although it's sultry and sensual at first glace, it has a cheerful, sweet, yet vulnerable energy, the outro is like you're with somebody very lovely and special and you just feel beautiful and free... 21 Struggles You'll Understand If You Have A Lot Of Feelings

WGe8ynS.gif

I lowkey want to erase the album off my phone so my streams will count for my 2021 playlist because right now my streams aren’t doing anything :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

I understand that Jack is one of the nicer men in music to work with, but I’m hoping that Lana realizes that 1) he’s not that great of a collaborator because he works with her direct contemporaries which then muddles her own discography 2) the fact that she couldn’t get more counsel out of him is not solely because of the pandemic. It’s because they were already heading towards a creative roadblock 

(this is my modern manifesto)

I'm waiting to see the credits of this album... if Jack is related to TJF in any way whatsoever I'll forgive him for everything he did and will do 

YTQmozr.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

5 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I understand that Jack is one of the nicer men in music to work with, but I’m hoping that Lana realizes that 1) he’s not that great of a collaborator because he works with her direct contemporaries which then muddles her own discography 2) the fact that she couldn’t get more counsel out of him is not solely because of the pandemic. It’s because they were already heading towards a creative roadblock 

(this is my modern manifesto)

i respectfully disagree 

Spoiler

All the songs on COTCC sound very Lana. I can’t see Taylor singing DTWD’s bridge (or the whole song)

or Lorde singing TJF would never happen 

COTCC is very Lana and I do think the reason for the delay was because Jack wasn’t traveling back to LA. He also only worked on 1 of Taylor’s songs on Evermore and was working on his own projects in New York 

edit

Spoiler

Not to mention he worked with the other girls way before Lana

"Don’t forget me"

Spoiler

honestly this album is proof that jack's production can be very unique and diverse, white dress, tulsa jesus freak, wild at heart, dark but just a game, and not all who wander are lost are all very different and special, honestly this album is very redeeming, and although i think it'd be good for her to work with somebody different for another project, they do work well together, and lana's happy with the work they do together, which is what's important :) 

WGe8ynS.gif

I know hating on Jack is cool and while he's not my favorite either denying his work with Lana turns out well is far too much... They made crazy good songs together such as Venice Bitch, Norman, COTCC, The Greatest, White Dress, Mariners, and the list goes on. That being said, I would like her to change the producer for the next album too. 

Spoiler

Wild At Heart and Not All Those Who Wander... could be Taylor songs tho

There are elements of CoCC that start to skirt the edges of The Chicks’ Gaslighter too

Jack being busy with other things during the pandemic kinda proves my point. It’s the stan in me that believes that Lana deserves a producer’s full attention