Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

I can already tell this is going to be my new UV and LFL and get played every second of every day endlessly. 

TJF was stuck in my head all day and I listened to the full album again and so many melodies are stuck in my head now, she really has a way of making beautiful music 

"Don’t forget me"

21 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:
  Hide contents

Unpopular NFR/COCC Lana opinion but like I would be happy if Lana stuck to this singer/songwriter soundscape forever :creep: (Some of) her earlier work is aging poorly, especially stacked up against her current material. The only reason BTD is iconic is because it really launched Lana into the public eye, and it was interesting for its time (which isn't to say these songs are bad!). Songs like Venice Bitch, White Dress and Norman fucking Rockwell are timeless because they don't try to follow any sort of popular production trends (like her awkwardly trying to incorporate hip hop/trap/rap production and themes), and instead focus on Lana's voice, lyrics and just a few well played instruments. I feel like everyone is wishing for a time that has really passed. I really don't think we will be getting anything like BTD or Paradise soon, and it certainly isn't Jack's fault lol :eartha: 

Don't rip me to shreds, I don't mean to offend or anything! Just my feelings/opinion 

Spoiler

Literally same. This is so her lane. People will always remember songs like video games and stuff, but when people look back at her legacy I really think it will be these few years that define her as one of our best singer songwriters of this generation

a LEGEND if you will. 

I mean she could have been one of the biggest pop stars if she sold out and clearly could have so many times yet she keeps digging deeper and deeper into her folkier aspects. it’s amazing :trisha: there will never be another like her 

How i picture a greatest hits record for lana

• Pawn Shop Blues
  • Fordham Road
  • A Star For Nick
  • Everyman Has His Wish
  • On Our Way
  • Hawaiian Tropic
  • Yayo
  • Kill Kill 
  • Oh Say Can You See
  • For K, Pt. 2
  • Video Games
  • National Anthem 
  • Born to die
  • Radio 
  • Ride 
  • Angels Forever
  • Young & Beautiful
  • Black Beauty
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Cruel World
  • Shades of cool 
  • Brooklyn Baby 
  • Terrence Loves You 
  • Salvatore
  • The blackest Day
  • Tomorrow Never Came
  • Coachella 
  • Heroin 
  • Get Free
  • Mariners Apartment Complex 
  • Venice Bitch
  • California 
  • The Greatest
  • Dance Till We Die
  • Dark But just a game 
  • Not All Who Wander Are Lost

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:
  Hide contents

so what main genre is cocc as a whole? and what are it’s sub-genres ? :oopna:

Spoiler

i'd say 60s/early 70s influenced folk/americana (but with v specific lana-isms) plus a little bit of honky tonk 

aOaIzH2.gif

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

White Dress - indie rock, post rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock

Chemtrails over the Country Club - dream pop, indie rock, piano rock

Tulsa Jesus Freak - dream pop, psychedelia, trip hop

Let Me Love You Like a Woman - soft rock, dream pop, folk rock

Wild at Heart - soft rock, country rock

Dark But Just a Game - soft rock

Not All Who Wander Are Lost - folk rock

Yosemite - folk rock, psychedelic folk

Breaking Up Slowly - country rock, soft rock

Dance Till We Die - soft rock, folk rock

For Free - folk rock, piano rock, soft rock

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I would say singer songwriter and contemporary folk as the primary genre with elements of soft rock, piano rock, neo psychedelia, psychedelic folk and trip hop 

Spoiler

I have a feeling the White Dress video will make me sob

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I haven't listened yet but I am PISSED! that you all are chatting and idk wtf is going on :defeated: i miss (lowkey) shitposting! i suppose i'll be back next Fri with my opinions :scream:) i wanna be in the best mindset* and listen to it when i have the appropriate length of free time sjfkjsks. but reading this is making me so excited for it omggggg!!!!! 

*intoxicated; not sober :sass:

Spoiler

Okay after like 5/6 listens this is creeping its way up my ranking of Lana albums tbh. I like that it's short - all the songs feel like they have a place unlike some of her other projects which I felt like went on for way too long and easily could have lost 3-4 songs (not naming names LFL) :rip: 

White Dress is such an amazing opener, one of the first Lana songs that have instantly clicked for me in recent memory. Title track is still as amazing as it was 100 listens ago and I even enjoy LMLYLAW now??? Yosemite is so much better than I thought it would be and it's so good to finally be listening to it, Dark But Just A Game is amazing, Dance Till We Die is so unexpected etc etc..... such an amazing album and I can't see myself taking it off repeat for at least a few months lol

FzytWEW.png

48 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

I can't be the only one who thinks this album is very 90s? 

Btw I'm listening to it again since last night; I wasn't home today. Will post some thoughts later!

Spoiler

Yes! I said it earlier today. It gives me 90s Portishead and Sinead O'Connor. It's also kind of 70's to me. An instant classic. Some songs like NAWWAL or Yosemite are very Laurel Canyon. 

Spoiler

Listening to it as a leak feels weird because they’re all downloaded in my files separately. I’m gonna take a break until it’s release and let it flow properly on vinyl and Spotify. But this album has definitely reached top 3 for me and even BUS is growing on me. Just still can’t get used to the awkward usage of the features. I really wish Zella, Weyes and Nikki would’ve just provided backing vocals. Just feels off but I still enjoy it

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

2 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:
  Hide contents

Listening to it as a leak feels weird because they’re all downloaded in my files separately. I’m gonna take a break until it’s release and let it flow properly on vinyl and Spotify. But this album has definitely reached top 3 for me and even BUS is growing on me. Just still can’t get used to the awkward usage of the features. I really wish Zella, Weyes and Nikki would’ve just provided backing vocals. Just feels off but I still enjoy it

Spoiler

i also feel like some of the transitions might've gotten messed up in the leaky process. like there's a split second of silence before some songs that doesn't sound 100% right... it might just be jack though :sass:

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

Written and produced by Lana Del Rey

Composed, produced and mixed by Jack Antonoff

Drums, guitar, percussion, strings and synth by Jack Antonoff

#JackAntonoffOwnsMyBussy

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Just now, uvbabe said:

What if she's not releasing White Dress this friday anymore because she knows it leaked and hate us all for listening :bebe:

she's probably unbothered, in her bean dip swimming pool :diva: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

she's probably unbothered, in her bean dip swimming pool :diva: 

I hope so. Sis deserves. 

i really hope the next album goes in a different way. this one reminds me of NFR in a certain way but it doesn't at the same time, it's something completely different

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole