Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Theomo said:

Yes, definitely! It's beautiful how her personality folds out throughout the albums. As someone said before, an instant classic. Can't wait to see what happens next. 

I love that! And me too! Even just hearing the title track and Let Me Love You Like a Woman, there's such a timeless quality about not only the production and her writing, but just her voice in general. There's such a golden tone and warmth to it that is very comforting yet still evocative. I always felt like her voice was super motherly in that way, and to me, that aspect of her artistry is just one of many things that make her my favourite. I am so excited to see where she takes us! <3

44 minutes ago, nationalxanthem said:
Spoiler

I really wanna know what she says in the background of TJF.... :toofunny:

Spoiler

If you don't pray, you'll never learn

You know what I'm saying?

Edited by Clampigirl
Edited to put national’s post in a spoiler tag. :)

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love that! And me too! Even just hearing the title track and Let Me Love You Like a Woman, there's such a timeless quality about not only the production and her writing, but just her voice in general. There's such a golden tone and warmth to it that is very comforting yet still evocative. I always felt like her voice was super motherly in that way, and to me, that aspect of her artistry is just one of many things that make her my favourite. I am so excited to see where she takes us! <3

I need an album for sleeping lullabies from her 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

16 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

we're so close bestie!! there's only a few of us who haven't listened yet. :trisha:

im one of them

and tbh ive never listened to something when it’s leaked I personally think it’s gunna feel like any of her unreleased songs got leaked the real thrill comes when I listen it on its actual time

:smile3:

23 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know this is basically the post-release thread, so while I haven't read any spoilers or listened to the album yet, I just wanted to say that I feel like her best, rawest, most personal work is imminent, and hopefully you guys who have listened can already say that! :party:

I am so excited! We're only 177 hours away, which is insane. The month of the release is always my favourite :flutter:

I can tell you're going to love it. I wish @graham4anything was still around. Would love to hear his opinion. :poordat:

2 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I can tell you're going to love it. I wish @graham4anything was still around. Would love to hear his opinion. :poordat:

Aw, thank you, legend! I feel like I will too - I have this really strong feeling that it's going to become my ultimate favourite from her :flutter: 

and I miss him too! He always had the most interesting (sometimes wild!) but ultimately most insightful and flattering things to say about her - I really valued his perspective! :(

Chemtrails synesthesia!

Spoiler

White Dress - light grey

Chemtrails - light blue, white

Tulsa - moss green, pine green, sage green

Woman - chocolate brown, beige (like sand), white

Wild at Heart - golden orange

Dark - black, white

Wander - lilac, melon orange, mint

Yosemite - indigo, eggplant purple, white

Breaking Up - orange, yellow

For Free - coffee brown, orange, white

<3

Fall album indeed :wowcry:

15 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This :eartha:

I couldn't have put it better myself :crying2:

Spoiler

I was fully prepared for this to be a flop, but I should have known better...this is yet another great album. She's 7/7 folks! Lana is preternaturally gifted at writing beautiful melody and this album, like Born to Die, Ultraviolence, or NFR, is absolutely overflowing with melody after melody, and is particularly satisfying to listen to straight-through. My guess is that "Dealer" was left off the album so it could stay a 1-disc vinyl, as I think that's an important part of the design. 

Best track: "Dark But Just a Game" (or maybe "White Dress"). I'm in love with the A.K.A.-but-professionally produced sound both these tracks have, and they really shows how flexible of an artist Lana truly is. How many other singer/songwriters know how to match their voice to their songs as well as Lana does? Sonic bliss.

Worst: "For Free" This is such a good song but I think whoever sings first—I can't tell Zella Day and Weyes Blood apart lol—should have been dropped. The last woman to sing sounds so much like Joni Mitchell that I understand exactly what Lana's going for by having somebody else close out the album. Either way, I miss the reed solo at the end of Mitchell's original recording, and I think the song sounds unfinished resolving in a quick piano chord.

I'm not sure if Jack Antonoff is a genius or a hack, but Lana is definitely a genius and Jack definitely "gets" Lana in a way that I think few people do. He describes this album best, especially in relation to Norman Fucking Rockwell! in his Interview Magazine article:

"I feel like you’re on this very long path to breaking down everything until it’s at its most authentic. Chemtrails feels like another breakdown on top of Norman, but what’s interesting is that it breaks down into different directions."

18 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

im one of them

and tbh ive never listened to something when it’s leaked I personally think it’s gunna feel like any of her unreleased songs got leaked the real thrill comes when I listen it on its actual time

yeah that's what motivated me to wait, i wouldn't feel anything on the 19th if i would give into the leak. as much as it sucks waiting, i think the payoff is gonna be much greater. i'd rather wait and have release day be special. :party:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

32 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

I need an album for sleeping lullabies from her 

Wow, that sounds great. Till that I would try Violet. I would also be interested in an album where rennaisance and her style meets. (Prob not the most popular idea, but imagine it after what she did in

Spoiler

Not all who wander are lost)

Spoiler

I really love the piano melody on White Dress. I love Jack's production, but his piano melodies, on their own, are often weaker than Rick's. But the piano and fragile voice of Lana are just so :defeated:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really love the piano melody on White Dress. I love Jack's production, but his piano melodies, on their own, are often weaker than Rick's. But the piano and fragile voice of Lana are just so :defeated:

Spoiler

imo if the piano had more energy it'd eat her voice and jack's level of energy just extends the longing of the song 

UV/Honeymoon

39 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I know this is basically the post-release thread, so while I haven't read any spoilers or listened to the album yet, I just wanted to say that I feel like her best, rawest, most personal work is imminent, and hopefully you guys who have listened can already say that! :party:

I am so excited! We're only 177 hours away, which is insane. The month of the release is always my favourite :flutter:

I think you will absolutely love this album :wowcry:

Looking forward to your posts in the post-release thread :kiss:

You can do the wait and it will be worth it:gurl:

I admire all the people who wait till March 19th...I had no self control :crying2: but I stopped listening to the album today and will wait March 19th to listen to it again and stream the fuck out of it:hype:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: