Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

28 minutes ago, VeniceBiatch said:
  Hide contents

hot take: DBJAG is not going to age well. there's always that one song that everyone hypes up because it has a trap beat (Ex. cherry, cinnamon girl, freak) but in retrospect, they're really not top tier and they become stale after a while.  

who agrees? :awkney:

you're a BUM :blush3:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

yosemite deserved it's own  @Contemplating Godhow dare U

Spoiler

yosemite- i lied above. i listened to the entire record with the incense and the breeze but yosemite i saved, i saved until the dead of night, and drove to an observatory be alone in my car outlooking the silent city sparkling on cliffside, engulfed in pines and hibernating wildflowers and i played yosemite on repeat for 45 or so minutes staring silently into the dead. this song is everything i've ever wanted. it's what kept me alive in a year i tried my best not to be and i built a fun following around it, i emailed interviewers, writers, tried to find photographers and collected every bit of information of the song i could. bought magazines that referenced yosemite, i did an entire paper around Yosemite by John Muir. I have two shirts from the 70s referencing yosemite, i've stumbled upon bottle openers from the park out in the roads where i'd walk alone at night hoping i'd be at the wrong end of a desperate persons violence for no reason other than trying to find feeling, yosemite is a lot to me and when we didn't get it in LfL i was heartbroken and decided to crave it more than ever before

upon her interview of MAC/VB i knew Architecture was the theme of Norman. Even though the song said to not start the new record i felt she wouldn't give up the past title track of Lust for Life that easy, or at least her muse wouldn't. The description of norman as a cocky artist with an ego that needed settling, the rejected scraps of White Mustang's music video, it all felt too coincidental and i called it that Architecture would have inspired, or be on the album (i was right), following i felt Yosemite would come to fruition here, having Lust for Life be this disjointed parent record of Norman Fucking Rockwell, i figured it'd stay similar for 'White Hot Forever'; the attempts at social commentary, the deliverance into an acoustic side to her discography, they'd be messily glued on Lust for Life and then refound in their own spaces, and now they have been. and Yosemite is the song of Chemtrails.

The music itself is everything i had hoped, it was brooding, optimistic, enchanting, emotional and methodical. Her rescinding the song out of vocal vulnerability in the same breath she killed malibu out of fear of transparency found a funny way into an album full of airy and broken vocals. White Dress being a thread laced through Wild at Heart in the way it is through Yosemite through Dark through For Free. The a capella she sung in 2017 obviously didn't do it justice and how anyone thought it could was laughable and that is their own fault. Her voice here is gorgeous, the song writing is beautiful, the atmosphere created in this song is so . fucking. beautiful. I knew this song was my favorite she's ever made before hearing it and I've heard it and it's still the best song she's ever created. The bridge is like a god speaking through the sky in thundering tongues and lightning flares. The imagery i suspected years ago of desert-y folk songs you'd look out over the desert and see an impending storm rings true, this is the calm inside a storm, it's an ignorant and threatened peace. i see nothing but rainless storms and sharp winds light by the invincible glow of candlelight. Yosemite is immaculate, a highlight, and a mission statement for the record. It couldn't be without Chemtrails and Chemtrails couldn't be without Yosemite. 

She wasn't quite at yosemite in 2017, and being able to confidently proclaim enough that she could put a song about doing things for free on a record bookended with a memoir about making art for free, and a collaborative homage to a song about lovingly observing others making art for free is quite powerful. Her never mentioning Yosemite in the lyrics is powerful

Yosemite being the only 1-word song on this album is powerful. 

She's so powerful, and so very realized

Spoiler

COCC songs that I associate to HM songs:

white dress - god knows I tried

cotcc - honeymoon 

tjf - music to watch boys to/freak 

dark but just a game - religion

Yosemite - terrence/tbd

bus - 24

Dance till we die - swan song

for free - don’t let me be misunderstood

4 minutes ago, salvatore said:

Hide contents

yosemite- i lied above. i listened to the entire record with the incense and the breeze but yosemite i saved, i saved until the dead of night, and drove to an observatory be alone in my car outlooking the silent city sparkling on cliffside, engulfed in pines and hibernating wildflowers and i played yosemite on repeat for 45 or so minutes staring silently into the dead. this song is everything i've ever wanted. it's what kept me alive in a year i tried my best not to be and i built a fun following around it, i emailed interviewers, writers, tried to find photographers and collected every bit of information of the song i could. bought magazines that referenced yosemite, i did an entire paper around Yosemite by John Muir. I have two shirts from the 70s referencing yosemite, i've stumbled upon bottle openers from the park out in the roads where i'd walk alone at night hoping i'd be at the wrong end of a desperate persons violence for no reason other than trying to find feeling, yosemite is a lot to me and when we didn't get it in LfL i was heartbroken and decided to crave it more than ever before

upon her interview of MAC/VB i knew Architecture was the theme of Norman. Even though the song said to not start the new record i felt she wouldn't give up the past title track of Lust for Life that easy, or at least her muse wouldn't. The description of norman as a cocky artist with an ego that needed settling, the rejected scraps of White Mustang's music video, it all felt too coincidental and i called it that Architecture would have inspired, or be on the album (i was right), following i felt Yosemite would come to fruition here, having Lust for Life be this disjointed parent record of Norman Fucking Rockwell, i figured it'd stay similar for 'White Hot Forever'; the attempts at social commentary, the deliverance into an acoustic side to her discography, they'd be messily glued on Lust for Life and then refound in their own spaces, and now they have been. and Yosemite is the song of Chemtrails.

The music itself is everything i had hoped, it was brooding, optimistic, enchanting, emotional and methodical. Her rescinding the song out of vocal vulnerability in the same breath she killed malibu out of fear of transparency found a funny way into an album full of airy and broken vocals. White Dress being a thread laced through Wild at Heart in the way it is through Yosemite through Dark through For Free. The a capella she sung in 2017 obviously didn't do it justice and how anyone thought it could was laughable and that is their own fault. Her voice here is gorgeous, the song writing is beautiful, the atmosphere created in this song is so . fucking. beautiful. I knew this song was my favorite she's ever made before hearing it and I've heard it and it's still the best song she's ever created. The bridge is like a god speaking through the sky in thundering tongues and lightning flares. The imagery i suspected years ago of desert-y folk songs you'd look out over the desert and see an impending storm rings true, this is the calm inside a storm, it's an ignorant and threatened peace. i see nothing but rainless storms and sharp winds light by the invincible glow of candlelight. Yosemite is immaculate, a highlight, and a mission statement for the record. It couldn't be without Chemtrails and Chemtrails couldn't be without Yosemite. 

She wasn't quite at yosemite in 2017, and being able to confidently proclaim enough that she could put a song about doing things for free on a record bookended with a memoir about making art for free, and a collaborative homage to a song about lovingly observing others making art for free is quite powerful. Her never mentioning Yosemite in the lyrics is powerful

this made me cry. your power

sUcVobB.png

5 minutes ago, salvatore said:

Reveal hidden contents

:trisha:

2 hours ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

i have a question for the people who have heard the leak in full (preferably multiple times)

If I go into the album with this sonic atmosphere/vibe, will I be dissapointed?

Hide contents

oh say can you see

pawn shop blues

chelsea hotel no 2

i talk to jesus

wild on you

west coast radio mix

is this happiness

religion

beautiful people//beautiful problems

tomorrow never came

happiness is a butterfly

There's nothing on here as dry as BP,  BP or Religion but

yes, definitely on the right track.

19 minutes ago, Atlantis said:
  Hide contents

COCC songs that I associate to HM songs:

white dress - god knows I tried

cotcc - honeymoon 

tjf - music to watch boys to/freak 

dark but just a game - religion

Yosemite - terrence/tbd

bus - 24

Dance till we die - swan song

for free - don’t let me be misunderstood

Spoiler

yesssss dark but just a game is so similar to religion to me! I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think there are a lot of similarities to honeymoon on this album for sure, so great post!

You should come over 

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, salvatore said:

Reveal hidden contents

haven’t been reading spoilers... except this one <3 amazing

o4qjp4j.png

2 hours ago, TheCultureIsLit said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone else feel like they're standing alone in a vast overcast valley in Scotland when they listen to "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"?

...or is it just me? Lol

Not All Who Wander are Lost makes me feel like I'm here - a dry, hot summer day in a low key small town. I love how we're all transported some place different.

11 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

this made me cry. your power

10 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

:trisha:

5 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

haven’t been reading spoilers... except this one <3 amazing

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

@salvatore love you :omg:

thank u. this is my completed constitution of an account dedicated to yosemite

1 minute ago, salvatore said:

thank u. this is my completed constitution of an account dedicated to yosemite

:trisha: a dream fully realized. Yosemite..

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:
  Hide contents

I like NAWWAL more and more with each listen! The melody is simple but gorgeous. Honestly, I would love more songs like this! 

Spoiler

Same, on my first listen I thought it was kind of boring but the layered vocals sound so good and I'm starting to really appreciate how minimalist the production is. It's always the simpler tracks that grow on me.

Just now, PARADIXO said:
  Hide contents

Sorry, but who does she mean by Stevie in Dance Till We Die? :deadbanana:

Spoiler

Stevie Nicks......baby

Just now, salvatore said:
  Hide contents

Stevie Nicks......baby

Spoiler

OH MY GOD I'M SO STUPID! I was actually trying to remember each of her legend friends and forgot about her :rip: Thanks for enlightening me.