Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i'm CRAVING listening to cocc again and breaking my abstinence especially because

Spoiler

i didn't listen to it enough times for some of the tracks to grow on me, and i REALLY want to listen to NAWWAL again so desperately because i KNOW i'll love it but i just didn't let it absorb enough.

I NEED TO ABSORB COCC giphy.gif

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

Hide contents

Spill it :hype: Can't believe others are brave enough to say Cruel World remains unbothered when it's been totally kicked out :ma:

Cruel World was kicked out as soon as Honeymoon arrived, but I think it's still too early for that conversation...

Regardless, White Dress is the new best opener. I can't believe she pulled it out of the bag.

Even tho I've listened to the leaks and continue to do so... I still cannot wait for release day! There's something about holding those physical bad bitches in my hand all 5 copies I bought

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Hide contents

Cruel World was kicked out as soon as Honeymoon arrived, but I think it's still too early for that conversation...

Regardless, White Dress is the new best opener. I can't believe she pulled it out of the bag.

Spoiler

Thank you for this, didn't want to be too controversial. Cruel World remains overrated :tommy: Honeymoon and White Dress >

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Hide contents

Thank you for this, didn't want to be too controversial. Cruel World remains overrated :tommy: Honeymoon and White Dress >

anti-cruel world stans unite

Spoiler

also anti-norman but godneymoon and white dress are beautiful...the flavor

Just now, salvatore said:

anti-cruel world stans unite

Hide contents

also anti-norman but godneymoon and white dress are beautiful...the flavor

You just ruined your entire reputation i hope you know that

Yeah I cant believe the cruel world hate :( She changed my life, there's no better song to turn on when you are feeling the jantasy, when u are in the mood, when you JUST murdered your husband

edit : i of course mean when he died of natural, yet mysterious, causes.

1 hour ago, VeniceBiatch said:
  Hide contents

hot take: DBJAG is not going to age well. there's always that one song that everyone hypes up because it has a trap beat (Ex. cherry, cinnamon girl, freak) but in retrospect, they're really not top tier and they become stale after a while.  

who agrees? :awkney:

I don't even think DBJAG has a trap beat. I was confused when I listened to it the first time because it just sounds like a programmed drum beat. And I think there's enough variety within the song itself to keep it from going stale, thankfully.

5 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

You just ruined your entire reputation i hope you know that

i have enough warning points and years on this site to know whatever reputation i had was already cursed and anything i have after today is even more cursed U can do no harm to my legacy

I hear the Blade runner LFL demo in the pre-chorus (?) of Yosemite, so I wonder if Yosemite is partially responsible for the serious downgrade of that track...

:smile4:

But it's okay, it's perfect in Yosemite, and the lyrics didn't quite work in that LFL demo.

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

Hide contents

I hear the Blade runner LFL demo in the pre-chorus (?) of Yosemite, so I wonder if Yosemite is partially responsible for that serious downgrade of that track...

:smile4:

But it's okay, it's perfect in Yosemite, and the lyrics didn't quite work in that LFL demo.

Spoiler

i hear that too! and i really like that part of the LFL demo, it works beautifully in yosemite imo. i prefer the first LFL demo anyhow so am ok w it not ending up on LFL at all.

aOaIzH2.gif

@Poor Stacy encapsulated everything I've been thinking about Chemtrails, but:

This really may be my favorite LDR album. Not even joking. This is the first time I genuinely don't know what to say, nor do I have any "hot takes" of trying to prove how much I love it. It really is an album of uncertainty, one that brings that "open road" she sings in "Ride" to a fully realized, existential forefront.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

53 minutes ago, salvatore said:

yosemite deserved it's own  @Contemplating Godhow dare U

Hide contents

yosemite- i lied above. i listened to the entire record with the incense and the breeze but yosemite i saved, i saved until the dead of night, and drove to an observatory be alone in my car outlooking the silent city sparkling on cliffside, engulfed in pines and hibernating wildflowers and i played yosemite on repeat for 45 or so minutes staring silently into the dead. this song is everything i've ever wanted. it's what kept me alive in a year i tried my best not to be and i built a fun following around it, i emailed interviewers, writers, tried to find photographers and collected every bit of information of the song i could. bought magazines that referenced yosemite, i did an entire paper around Yosemite by John Muir. I have two shirts from the 70s referencing yosemite, i've stumbled upon bottle openers from the park out in the roads where i'd walk alone at night hoping i'd be at the wrong end of a desperate persons violence for no reason other than trying to find feeling, yosemite is a lot to me and when we didn't get it in LfL i was heartbroken and decided to crave it more than ever before

upon her interview of MAC/VB i knew Architecture was the theme of Norman. Even though the song said to not start the new record i felt she wouldn't give up the past title track of Lust for Life that easy, or at least her muse wouldn't. The description of norman as a cocky artist with an ego that needed settling, the rejected scraps of White Mustang's music video, it all felt too coincidental and i called it that Architecture would have inspired, or be on the album (i was right), following i felt Yosemite would come to fruition here, having Lust for Life be this disjointed parent record of Norman Fucking Rockwell, i figured it'd stay similar for 'White Hot Forever'; the attempts at social commentary, the deliverance into an acoustic side to her discography, they'd be messily glued on Lust for Life and then refound in their own spaces, and now they have been. and Yosemite is the song of Chemtrails.

The music itself is everything i had hoped, it was brooding, optimistic, enchanting, emotional and methodical. Her rescinding the song out of vocal vulnerability in the same breath she killed malibu out of fear of transparency found a funny way into an album full of airy and broken vocals. White Dress being a thread laced through Wild at Heart in the way it is through Yosemite through Dark through For Free. The a capella she sung in 2017 obviously didn't do it justice and how anyone thought it could was laughable and that is their own fault. Her voice here is gorgeous, the song writing is beautiful, the atmosphere created in this song is so . fucking. beautiful. I knew this song was my favorite she's ever made before hearing it and I've heard it and it's still the best song she's ever created. The bridge is like a god speaking through the sky in thundering tongues and lightning flares. The imagery i suspected years ago of desert-y folk songs you'd look out over the desert and see an impending storm rings true, this is the calm inside a storm, it's an ignorant and threatened peace. i see nothing but rainless storms and sharp winds light by the invincible glow of candlelight. Yosemite is immaculate, a highlight, and a mission statement for the record. It couldn't be without Chemtrails and Chemtrails couldn't be without Yosemite. 

She wasn't quite at yosemite in 2017, and being able to confidently proclaim enough that she could put a song about doing things for free on a record bookended with a memoir about making art for free, and a collaborative homage to a song about lovingly observing others making art for free is quite powerful. Her never mentioning Yosemite in the lyrics is powerful

Yosemite being the only 1-word song on this album is powerful. 

She's so powerful, and so very realized

OMG you deserved ❤️❤️❤️ Can’t wait to listen and come back to this and read it again knowing there song

18 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:
  Hide contents

I’ve already pre-ordered the transparent vinyl of COTCC but now tempted to buy Neil’s cover because of the themes and sound of the album :icant:

Do it you know you want to :yesnod:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

32 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

Yeah I cant believe the cruel world hate :( She changed my life, there's no better song to turn on when you are feeling the jantasy, when u are in the mood, when you JUST murdered your husband

edit : i of course mean when he died of natural, yet mysterious, causes.

This is exactly why I think some of her songs are so overrated; I personally don't want to feel the main character of a drama scene, I don't want to relate to it, I don't want to scream "MOOD!". Not that I think those who enjoy music that way are less fans or whatever but we all have different ways of listening to and enjoying music :) I prefer to reflect on a song and make it part of my life instead of me becoming part of the song. :P

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This is exactly why I think some of her songs are so overrated; I personally don't want to feel the main character of a drama scene, I don't want to relate it to, I don't want to scream "MOOD!". Not that I think those who enjoy music that way are less fans or whatever but we all have different ways of listening to and enjoying music :) I prefer to reflect on a song and make it part of my life instead of me becoming part of the song. :P

okay so ur not the main character, I get it :P

1 minute ago, War In My Mind said:

okay so ur not the main character, I get it :P

What :awkney:

I need more Lana songs that are somewhat meandering like Venice Bitch and 

Spoiler

White Dress..... I love just throwing on Venice Bitch or White Dress while I'm on a drive and getting lost in the production