Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, takeitdoen said:

How quick can we get to 4000 pages again?? :raven:

Quick, everyone post their Chemtrails musings letter-by-letter 

Let’s keep it going gorls

Spoiler

After several days of listening to the record nonstop I think I’m ready for my rankings. To be honest this is truly my favorite Lana record so far, so I had to take a more data-driven approach to rank the songs, largely based on how often I played them over the course of three consecutive days. In backwards order....

Spoiler

11) For Free - I adore the piano work on this track...I can hear trills, soft keys that complement the trio’s vocals well. I put this last because I’m not a big “covers” guy, whether we’re talking about Lana or not. If I ever save a cover on my playlists it’s because I hear a song for the first time not knowing it’s a cover hahah. For example, “Dedicated To The One I Love” by the Mamas and Papas which is a cover but it legitimately blows me away. Anyway, the For Free cover is nice but I wish Lana would have recorded a cover we hadn’t already heard live in its entirety.

10) Let Me Love You Like A Woman - I don’t have a lot to say on this track. I think it’s mid-tier for me. Not horrible, not fantastic. I do enjoy hearing the version from Jimmy Fallon with the background singers more than the single version. 

9) Dance Till We Die - Hands down the bridge is the best part of this song. Lana’s tone changes so much that I actually thought this song had another feature at first hahaha. The verses and chorus are ok. There are some nice moments here and there, but I think this track is still growing on me. I can totally see my boyfriend and I hosting friends at our house once the pandemic has settled down and playing this song for ambience. Would definitely be a crowd pleaser!

8) Breaking Up Slowly - As I said earlier today, Nikki’s voice is growing on me. Lana’s superior vocals on the song before made the transition to hearing Nikki’s voice very jarring at first, but now that it’s growing on me I can honestly say the girls sound great together. I love the melody and I love the way the arrangement was put together. 

Spoiler

7) White Dress - Definitely a great choice for the album opener. I’m having trouble relating to this song which is why it’s probably lower on my list, but it’s really nice to hear Lana’s story from when she was that age. Overall a solid song and I enjoy walking my pup outside to it.  

6) Dark But Just A Game - This song was actually toward the bottom of my list on my very first album run-through but I really grew to like it. I was definitely into the No Doubt, Avril Lavigne, Cardigans scene back in the day - all influences which I hear in this track.

5) Wild At Heart - I was not expecting the HTD cameo nor did I pick up on it at first. I’m not a HTD fan (apart from the piano-only version) but I think it really works well on this song. Melody is superb. Verses are fantastic 

4) Tulsa Jesus Freak - While I’m a sucker for Lana’s slower tracks (definitely not a big pop/mainstream/club music kind of guy), I loved the sound and the arrangement of TJF. I’m a HUGE fan of the “white hot forever’s” throughout the song, especially at the end where they build up.

Spoiler

3) Not All Who Wander Are Lost - Another track which made me really cry from happiness. Generally speaking music doesn’t have that kind of effect on me, so the idea that it happened twice in one album was astonishing. I loved this song from the first chord and I knew the rest of the song would follow suit. I am completely mesmerized by her high register vocals and her harmonies in this track.

2) Yosemite - I remember feeling an internal panic in the songs leading up to Yosemite as I was playing them in order. Would all the hype be worth it? For nothing? But in the end I fell into its spell and the majority of her discography to date remains in the tier(s) below this Diamond. 

1) Chemtrails Over The Country Club - It was a tough battle between this song and Yosemite because Yosemite is still so fresh, new, exciting, impeccable, etc. But I had to take a step back to recall how I felt when this song came out for the first time. Very rarely does a song hit me in the gut and make me cry like I did trying to wrap up a work deadline hahah, but anyway I love this track to the core.

Well, it seems this pre release is chaos for everyone. Best of luck mod mother @Elle, I hope it doesn't suck too much figuring this out. It also seems White Dress is not a Spotify new music Friday single and I.....the sigh I let out fogged up the windows in my house. Sighhhh please Lana, Queen of heavenly melodies and high registers, PLEASE give me something!

we had such a meltdown we broke LB and we needed a whole new thread i'm dead

anyways

listening to the album tonight really put me in my feels bc of kings of leon and a few other references throughout the album and it's definitely growing on me. not my favorite still but i am liking it more and more with airpods in. i think jack really did a number on the instrumentals, the lyrics are much better as a while than NFR and the instrumentals feel much more solid. same with her voice. i'm glad we finally have an album that showcases her higher register FINALLY, it seems like she barely ever shows that off. listening to it only makes me wonder what could be next... which i'm not wanting her to push herself to work work work work all the damn time but i do wanna know what could be next. maybe a shift into a completely different sound? if this was the continuing point from NFR which i don't even hear much of a resemblance, where could this lead us?

thanks for coming to my ted talk :sass:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Nadia14 said:

How many of us think Lana is dropping WD tomorrow? :hype:

in other words which ones of us are still delusional :sadcore: 

i am one, I have wishful thinking - I’m a dreamer, i dream a lot in my sleep

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif