Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, Araby said:

Hejira imo, but as a longtime Joni fan, this album actually immediately felt to me like Lana Del Rey's For the Roses. 

Spoiler

i def get for the roses vibe! and that's my fav joni so i'm stoked.

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, Brooklynbaby said:

For those who have listened to the album so far what are your favourite songs on it? :creepna2:I’m so excited to finally have it on the 19th:lange:

Spoiler

atm my favs are white dress, not all who wander, and yosemite

aOaIzH2.gif

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Petition to ban the J person...

I love how they somehow find a way to be negative about another Jack-produced album.  :toofunny:  So endlessly miserable.

3 hours ago, Brooklynbaby said:

For those who have listened to the album so far what are your favourite songs on it? :creepna2:I’m so excited to finally have it on the 19th:lange:

Spoiler

Dark But Just a Game, White Dress, Yosemite (and I wasn’t even a Yosemite stan)... also Dance Till We Die (mostly for the bridge !!)

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

Overall would y’all say Chemtrails has more of this sort of vibe...

Hide contents

...or this sort of vibe?

Hide contents

please nothing too specific

edit: I mean the vibes of these songs, not the albums they’re from.

ohmygod ur gonna love it it's a little like both but more the second

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

honestly I think wanderlust'd be a real pinterest kind of title imo. for chemtrails, I like how it reminds me of watching clear open blue skies change like the seasons or like the weather, n attribute that to how simple she analogizes that to what she feels on the songs. i made a snowglobe comment waaaay back and I think it's kind of like, trying to permeate whats on the ground n translate it to the skies 

totally agree. wanderlust isn't half as rich, evocative, and story-telling as COCC. COCC is so perfectly lana– specific, both on the nose and very uniquely her. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, rightofjupiter said:

totally agree. wanderlust isn't half as rich, evocative, and story-telling as COCC. COCC is so perfectly lana– specific, both on the nose and very uniquely her. 

someone mentioned wanderlust sounding like a ts follow up, and as much as i like the word personally, I'd never expect it from Lana, especially w some of the song titles we've been getting. 
she's like a pioneer of her own language n I love it too kinda like having visions in the sky n seeing it trickle back down to earth. chemtraaaaiiils over the country clu hu huuuu ub 3c0364abf22b5a4268f8504184c85342.gif

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, Brooklynbaby said:

White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dance Till We Die.

... but I've had Not All Who Wander Are Lost and Yosemite stuck in my head all day.

Love Taylor, but what she and Lana do are ...... two different things. Taylor's music is a little more grounded in reality and conventional. Taylor's lowkey obsessed with charts, too, which is a bit cringey. Lana's definitely more out there and is willing to put a song like White Dress as Track 1 on her album, or a ten-minute song like Venice Bitch as Track 3, and it's why I love her most.