Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

8 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

totally agree. wanderlust isn't half as rich, evocative, and story-telling as COCC. COCC is so perfectly lana– specific, both on the nose and very uniquely her. 

my problem about “COCC” though is that

chemtrails aren’t even mentioned whatsoever in the rest of the album. I know they also represent nostalgia in a way, but the only nostalgic song tbh is WD. As much as I prefer COCC over WHF as a title, I feel like WHF would have fit more with the overall themes of the album 

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

I really really hope she follows the uptempo vibe of dark but just a game and dance until we die bridge for the next album. 

2 hours ago, HyperVelvet said:

I adore NFR, she really won with this album, but I'm anxious that its acclaim will outshine cocc, or that it'll draw excessive comparisons.

It would suck so much if her new work started being viewed through the lens of one album being a critical darling.

Spoiler

I don’t think it will / should. Chemtrails is its own thing, while sharing some - but not that many - similarities with Norman. It’s as brilliant as Norman, I think, but more personal and folky-ish. It’s really not a Norman 2.0 and any critic that would want to see that would be stupid. Even the most « Norman » tracks don’t sound Norman. 

things i'm most excited to hear on the 19th cuz i read most of the spoilers but avoided the leak:

Spoiler

**in order**

1. dark but just a game

2. the vocals on "white dress"

3. the chorus of "tulsa jesus freak"

4. the bridge of "dance till we die"

5. yosemite 

6. the backing vocals/lyrics on "TJF"

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

things i'm most excited to hear on the 19th cuz i read most of the spoilers but avoided the leak:

Hide contents

**in order**

1. dark but just a game

2. the vocals on "white dress"

3. the chorus of "tulsa jesus freak"

4. the bridge of "dance till we die"

5. yosemite 

Spoiler

in the meantime, you should mentally prepare :trisha:

Spoiler

To me, the most intense part of the entire record is at the end of Yosemite when she sings/speaks, “I remember watching ‘How Green Was My Valley...” and the next minute or so. Spooky. 

1 hour ago, Jared said:

If, by some miracle, this album doesn't get slaughtered by the critics next week, it will be because of NFR's legacy that is still fresh in people's minds. 

Norman fucking Rockwell 10/10
Mariners Apartment Complex 10/10
Venice Bitch 10/10      
Fuck It I Love You 8.5/10      
Doin' Time 8/10     
Love Song 9/10    
Cinnmon Girl 8/10      
How To Disappear 9/10      
California 10/10 
The Next Best American Record 8/10  
The Greatest 10/10      
Bartender 8.5/10
Happiness Is a Butterfly 8/10
Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have – but I Have It 10/10          

Hide contents

White Dress 8/10
Chemtrails over the Country Club  6.5/10    
Tulsa Jesus Freak  6.5/10     
Let Me Love You like a Woman 5/10     
Wild at Heart 6/10    
Dark but Just a Game 8.5/10     
Not All Who Wander Are Lost 7.5/10    
Yosemite 6/10  
Breaking Up Slowly  6.5/10 
Dance Till We Die 9/10    
For Free 8/10 

oh oh Jared’s back to terrorize this forum once more 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To me, the most intense part of the entire record is at the end of Yosemite when she sings/speaks, “I remember watching ‘How Green Was My Valley...” and the next minute or so. Spooky. 

such a beautiful dark part...

Spoiler

makes me just sit and stare in front of me and absorb it all. i love it but the only thing i don't like about it is that it's out of my range so i can't sing it :cryney:

sUcVobB.png

44 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

my problem about “COCC” though is that

Hide contents

chemtrails aren’t even mentioned whatsoever in the rest of the album. I know they also represent nostalgia in a way, but the only nostalgic song tbh is WD. As much as I prefer COCC over WHF as a title, I feel like WHF would have fit more with the overall themes of the album 

but i think that chemtrails stand in for all the uncertainty of life– the "country club" guarantees comfort, leisure, and affluence but the chemtrails– uncertainty, danger, conspiracy– always hover, making things "not what they seem." i think it works perfectly to describe the kind of space lana explores on the album, which as she's said is all about figuring out where she's going next now that she's achieved these milestones as an artist and human without losing any of her wildness.

aOaIzH2.gif

25 minutes ago, chemtrailsrising said:

I honestly don’t know what to expect, my expectations are so high because it’s a Lana Del Rey album but also kinda low because I feel like she has never been this unsure of the finished product as she’s been with Chemtrails.  

Don't worry - Lana often has weird takes on her own music and

the album is brilliant.

Spoiler

i low key was not looking out for NAWWAL at all– the title didn't grab me when we found it out– but it's become one of my favs really quickly. i claimed wild at heart before we heard the album  and while i do love it, it didn't turn out to hit me in the gut quite as much as i anticipated.

what songs did you claim before you heard the album and did they turn out to be your song after all?

aOaIzH2.gif