Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

nobody asked

current ranking

11. Let Me Love You Like A Flop

10. For Free

9. Not All Who Wander are Lost

8. Dark but Just A Game

7. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

6. Wild at Heart

5. Dance Til We Die

4. Breaking Up Slowly

3. Yosemite

2. Tulsa Jesus Freak

1. White Dress

Spoiler

if you saw me say that white dress was her worst released track three days ago, no you didn't :flop:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

7 minutes ago, hlxon said:
  Hide contents

nobody asked

current ranking

11. Let Me Love You Like A Flop

10. For Free

9. Not All Who Wander are Lost

8. Dark but Just A Game

7. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

6. Wild at Heart

5. Dance Til We Die

4. Breaking Up Slowly

3. Yosemite

2. Tulsa Jesus Freak

1. White Dress

Hide contents

if you saw me say that white dress was her worst released track three days ago, no you didn't :flop:

Spoiler

I didn’t dislike it when I first heard it, but I didn’t think it was extraordinary - then it grew on me so much too and i KNOW it’s extraordinary, now I can’t get it out of my head! A lot of her music was like that for me as I was first becoming a fan, it has a slow-burn, addictive quality you can’t really find anywhere else

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Was about to fall asleep, decided to catch up on Lanaboards as I fall asleep, but then found out about the leak LMAO it's gonna be a LONG night y'all. The first song is already sending me and breaking me :defeated:

Definitely just relapsed and listened to White Dress 4 times in a row. :poordat:  I've held out on all the other songs so far, though. I WILL NOT LISTEN AGAIN UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY unless she releases White Dress early like she should. Six days, I can do it!

34 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:
  Hide contents

I didn’t dislike it when I first heard it, but I didn’t think it was extraordinary - then it grew on me so much too and i KNOW it’s extraordinary, now I can’t get it out of my head! A lot of her music was like that for me as I was first becoming a fan, it has a slow-burn, addictive quality you can’t really find anywhere else

her best songs are always growers :creepna3:

sgopYhV.gif

10 minutes ago, iconiclogan said:

wait why does itunes still say the album is coming march 21st i’m getting nervous LMFAOO

either way i’m listening at midnight on the 19th 

Somebody figured out that when it’s a worldwide Friday release it always says the Sunday date (so it doesn’t release some places way early, etc)! So we’re still good for the 19th, phew!

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Idk what it is, maybe the wild tones or passion overall, but the chorus of White Dress gives me low-key Noir vibes and I love itttt. Like, stripped down, acoustic, Noir vibes in a whisper:sluttybunny:

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

am I mishearing or does she say

Hide contents

"It wasn't quite what I meaned"? 

:deadbanana:

she does lol

also unrelated but i wanted to say 

DBJAG is how LFL the entire album should've sounded and should've been written. i feel like that song is what that album tried to do but couldn't manage to do. it's the instrumental that does it. also, i love the references on this album. "god only knows" reference in TJF referring to God Knows I Tried, intentional or not. also the Making Out ("we'll be taking drugs doing shots making out in parking lots") reference in DBJAG "we're making out in the parking lot"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

13 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I listened 3 times! Once, high in bed, the night of the day it leaked, once on a run the next day, and then once with my best friend who is also a Lana stan. I then promptly deleted it from my phone and I will abstain until it’s out. I know I’ll be giving it plenty of steams over the next 2 years lol. I’m already itching to listen to it again. 

my best friend was annoying as hell listening to it, though. 

Spoiler

Said wild at heart was just the same song as how to disappear which is bullshit. The melodies are not the same, even if there are some similarities, and the whole vibe of the song is much more yeehaw and less Christmas letter. 

then in dark but just a game he said he didn’t like the middle part because he thought it didn’t flow well (I assume he meant the post 1st chorus instrumental back into the verse) but I also think that’s dumb and that the switch flip back to the beat of the verse is obviously intentional and sounds good

Spoiler

He did like not all who wander though, which is maybe my in my top 3 with white dress and Tulsa. Underrated gem. 

also forgot to mention when she says downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference it makes me wanna shake my shoulders real fast as she says it hahahaha

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

To me, the most intense part of the entire record is at the end of Yosemite when she sings/speaks, “I remember watching ‘How Green Was My Valley...” and the next minute or so. Spooky. 

Literally my fav moment on the record I think. It’s transcendence is similar to that of the bridge of Terrence, One of my fav Lana songs ever. Only Rick could do something like that. I also just adore her apocalyptic stuff like The Greatest