Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Is this an album that the general public will get or is it more for us stans? Asking as someone who hasn't listened. I keep wondering how more casual listeners will receive it.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Spoiler

Dark But Just A Game is such a fun song! So many elements. Also I'm in love with the way she echos "white hot forever and ever" in TJF. YES. 

6 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Is this an album that the general public will get or is it more for us stans? Asking as someone who hasn't listened. I keep wondering how more casual listeners will receive it.

i think it'll get praises but not like NFR. i think it's similar in ways to UV where it's very different for Lana's released stuff and also HM where it sounds like it needed to be made to put her onto the path of the next album and where she's going. it's a definite bridge between two larger projects in my mind. i think the next album will be much more prominent and large, like LFL. cocc just seems so personal in so many ways 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Hide contents

i think it'll get praises but not like NFR. i think it's similar in ways to UV where it's very different for Lana's released stuff and also HM where it sounds like it needed to be made to put her onto the path of the next album and where she's going. it's a definite bridge between two larger projects in my mind. i think the next album will be much more prominent and large, like LFL. cocc just seems so personal in so many ways 

It does seem like it will be a bit polarizing in the way Honeymoon was. Not a bad thing at all in my book.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

2 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Hide contents

It does seem like it will be a bit polarizing in the way Honeymoon was. Not a bad thing at all in my book.

when you hear it and hear some of the lyrics, you'll know what i mean, unless you've already read them. it's the vocals that really make it seem so much more personal and like you said polarizing. this might not be my favorite of hers, but i think it definitely needed to happen. go through the dark to get to the dark

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

26 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

I think the GP will like it, actually. Especially the middle of the album for some reason. I’d be confident the critics would, too, if it weren’t for Lana’s IG antics over the past year. I hope they’ll give greater weight to the actual music, because it really is some of her best. 

Spoiler

P1ieuDB.png

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

am I mishearing or does she say

Reveal hidden contents

"It wasn't quite what I meaned"? 

:deadbanana:

What song? I'm kind of lost. ?

13 hours ago, Dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

it feels a lot more sincere, mature, and raw. less opulent, but still magical nonetheless. suuuuuuch a SMOOTH listen. laid down hillside after the rain dried up on the grass. 
favorites: WD, WAH, Wander, DTWD, Dark, n of course the singles n TJF

WD: transports me to a misty forest. perfect w the alt cover. this actually made me cry for multiple reasons. such a complex song sung out simply. this might be my favorite song of hers, ever. it's so strangely enough detoxifying it's perfect at least for me. but objectively, it one of the smoothest tracks she's ever released. 
Chemtrails: transition to the title track which, so godly. so enchanting. haunting. if it doesn't pull you in, you're not listening to it right. 
TJF: her sexiest filler, maybe- interlude of a track. unapologetically playful. the production's swimmingly great, and meshes well w how quietly bold it is. 
Woman: that song's something iconic on a windy day. pre-posts. 
Wild at heart: so incredibly sweet. so endearing, so calming. the HTD sample works well, if I didn't know better, this jived a lot more natural than the former. the transition from the sweet vocals to the chorus/post. -- it flows so well structurally. it's got a good soundscape and is generous w it's melody. to even up thru the OUTRO. this song performs. brooklyn baby 2.0 w a country/old soft rock twang

Dark but just a game: sweet oh what whatever baby ~ the mmmhmmm mmmmhmmm grunts are something else. it's got a really sensual beat but then for me, recedes to the beatles rem. sound mixed w The Office's show intro-esque piano. I appreciate how it rolls, but the disconnect sorta reminds me of a cooking pot being opened and closed where the steam builds but then it's aired out not thru whistle but by taking the lid off. if she sang in a higher register here n there, I think it would've sounded more meshed w the title of song. I'm not sure what to think about this one still. wait. this song's genius. it's real sly. 

Wander: Pristine. like tiptoeing on giant lily pads. so naturally serene and lighthearted. nothing on it feels forced, such a great blend of sound and vibes. like spending a day out by a lake or river. 
Yosemite: very strong instrumentation. it's carefully. suspiciously optimistic. gives me banana pancakes vibes w macadamia nuts. wish it exploded unexpectedly. 
BUS: fits so well w the album. like the drama, n actually wanted niki on the track before the leak so, happy about that. their voices go well together, and it strengthens the song. surprised that I love the song a lot more than expected. 
Dancing Til We Die: Hope she goes more towards this sound for the next potential record whenever that might happen. gets a little Elton John on that bridge which I LOVE. very beautiful instrumentation. the twangs. Jack did great on here especially. 
For Free: heard her sing this live and I can't get the imagery out of my head when she sings, which, is great bc it works well. she sounds like she's having so much fun singing this song. makes me happy for her. 

I know the collabs were something she really enjoyed, like a good sisterhood or something. 

this album makes me feel at ease. I think it'll really establish her way to being one of the greats that the rest of the world will actually realize. once again, she's ahead of her peers in the spotlight. I don't think anyone really does it like her. which makes me even more proud. such a jewel. 

what it feels like w this record is that she's happy. she's better realized what's really important to her, and there's still a playful carefree approach to life, while still not discounting the downs that she's experienced. with how it makes me feel? this might be my favorite album of hers. the opulence and past danger can't touch this album's serenity. it strips a lot off her past music, which in a way makes me sad, but at the same time, the growth I got to learn through her music, I knew it had to happen and I'm glad that it might be for her, bc in my own personal way, I've grown thru it while listening. 

it's sparklingly mature and refined. 

BTD's hardship, paradise's languid despair, UV's rage, HM's mystique, LFL's call towards love, NFR's tragedies, all pressurized into this rustic diamond record. and it's incredibly clear n shining. 

love that it's being released during Pisces season. (COCC's a Pisces, sweet :slay::kiss2:) love the wd fanfare around my birthday. september was a huge letdown, but the trail towards march n next week. 2 videos. 2 now 3 magazines. 2 excellent covers. an excellent way of opening the year. which lemme compliment myself, was something I already personally knew, so the wait was sweet. 

this makes me so excited for the next record on where she might go. this album's less tethered and a lot more heavenly. u guys need to get on the LMYLAW train. she's the key to this record imo. 

edit: oh shit, almost forgot @Pico Boulevard

tenor.gif

4c6d8594543592fc97f3735e56ef001d.gif

I'm so happy you love the album so much bestie:oprah:

And your descriptions:wub:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 hours ago, Yosemite said:

So I had this idea of making a kind of an album trailer, that will have the whole album in it. However, to do that, I need y'all help bc I need some movies to go along w/ the tracks, so could you reply to me saying which movies go along w/ each song? Can be more than one movie per track, can be classic movies, or not, known or unknown, I just need ideas. Gonna try posting it on the album's release day.

Also, this is the exact same concept I'm going for:

Hide contents

as someone who hasn't heard the album yet, here are some movies that give me the vibe of what i think the album will sound like:

Persona (1966)

Suspiria (2018)

Lost Highway (1998)

Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)

Belle De Jour (1967)

Eyes Without A Face (1960)

The Others (2001)

Don't Look Now (1973)

and for the title track, The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie (1972)

giphy.gif

Spoiler

To me it is like Honeymoon and Lust for Life. Mellow melodies reminds of Honeymoon and guitars remind much of a second half of Lust For Life, especially Yosemite.
Highlights are definitely WD, COCC, TJF and Y. 

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

am I mishearing or does she say

Hide contents

"It wasn't quite what I meaned"? 

:deadbanana:

Yes....yes she does. On my first listen I was like :awkney:

Hi Lana Stans! 

Rearing my ugly head once again! :creepna:

What a mad couple of days it's been. Quite a rollercoaster! 

I've played it through three times now... the first time ceremoniously with my lover in the car parked on the beach. It's our thing when we play new music by our die hards ?

I have bought the CD and vinyl so I'm paying her leccy bill!

Neil Krug ofcourse. I have taste! 

Anyway I think I can say this without spoiling anything... I can see why this album will be polarizing to fans.

If you take a look at her musical journey from BTD to now, it's almost not even the same artist anymore. And I say that as a positive!

I'll be writing a review shortly to give my thoughts, but I think this record is one to digest over time, and in the right setting and mood could be the most inspired and magical work from her yet.

6 hours ago, luminom said:

Hide contents

ok but remember when e-word told us that White Dress lyrics were similar in vibe to Venice Bitch? And I don't see any similarities at all?..?

he also said that cocc sounds like bartender 99jenlkj Flavor Of GIF - 99jenlkj FlavorOf LoveLieDetectorTest - Discover &  Share GIFs