Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Spoiler

I've been listening on repeat for days and I cannot get tired of it. Every time I think I have a favorite I change my mind. There's no single bad song imo. I hated LMLYLAW when it came out and idk if it's the context of the album or that I can now relate to the lyrics that I love it now. COCC, I've already expressed my love and awe for it. I guess if I had to make a single criticism, it's just that I'd prefer Lana to be singing all of For Free with the other girlies doing more minor bits. Their voices are great, I'd just prefer to hear Lana. I thought I'd despise Breaking Up Slowly but I find myself singing it all around the house and Nikki's job that y'all told her to get is being perfect on this track. I'm sorry for not seeing Yosemite's potential this whole time, she did what she had to fucking do on here, it is something from out of this world. I never hated the jingle bells on HTD and I absolutely love them in Wild at Heart, the chorus was so unexpected. Dark But Just a Game is going to be a career high. White Dress is ethereal, wistful, heartbreaking, I love the vocals more than anything. NAWWAL was my favorite on first listen and is going to stick in my top 3 I already know. TJF is uncontrived sexy and so fun to yell along to. Dance Til We Die, I agree with everyone that the bridge is THAT part but I also love the verses!

I'm a Godlymoon stan since day 1 but this album honestly might top it for me, it's just THAT good. I added these unreleased songs to my COCC playlist and I think they fit the album too: Wild One, Thunder, I Talk to Jesus, Pawn Shop Blues, and Living Legend. 

soon 😍🚀

4 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

Is it ever coming back 

so much history...lost...

it’s a candle in the wind I guess 

It's coming back! Our team is working hard at going through every page of the Frankenstein thread to sort the posts back into their respective thread. So far, we have about 720 pages of the original COTCC Pre-Release Thread restored. We still have over 3500 pages to sort through, but it will come back! It's just going to take some time. I'm hoping it'll be able to come back before the Post-Release Thread comes, but I'll keep you all updated x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

27 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Me haven’t listened to leaks and waiting for the 19th entering this thread like: :awkney:

Ok do you want a cookie?

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

It's coming back! Our team is working hard at going through every page of the Frankenstein thread to sort the posts back into their respective thread. So far, we have about 720 pages of the original COTCC Pre-Release Thread restored. We still have over 3500 pages to sort through, but it will come back! It's just going to take some time. I'm hoping it'll be able to come back before the Post-Release Thread comes, but I'll keep you all updated x

i'm very thankful for all of the hard work you do! :kiss: :kiss3: :spin:

WGe8ynS.gif

I wonder if the reason she’s being so quiet is because she feels she’s gotten so much backlash the past year. She seemed so genuinely excited to reveal the release date and cover and then ended up crying when people complained about the cover (and saying she’s only having white people on it). I wonder if she’s just... careful or if her excitement just disappeared. “Fuck it, I'm not do anything if they’re only going to complain about everything” is the feeling I’m getting. And then there’s also the possibility that she’s not 100% satisfied with the final versions because Jack couldn’t work as closely with her once the pandemic hit.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if she continues to lay on the low and just comes back to announce that the album is out and the white dress video.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Well girls I caved today because the weather outside felt right for listening to the album and 

Spoiler

I love White Dress to Yosemite and I think it should have stopped there. I do not like the songs with the features, I wish it was only her. I am not a fan of Dance Til We Die with the celebrity name drops, feels corny. I think I will add some unreleased songs to the album and take BUS, DTWD, and FF out.

Also, does anyone hear How to Disappear in the background of Wild at Heart? 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

54 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

does anyone have the strange sensation of not having heard the album even though you have?

like i've decided since thursday im gonna wait until the 19th to listen to it again but it also feels like i haven't even heard it and that the leak was all in my head,

it feels like i'm experiencing the hype leading up to an unknown album all over again... idk :oprah2:

I listened two times only and it sucks cuz i didnt hear enough to remember every song but heard enough to have particular sentences harassing my mind:crying2: so every day i just wake up with

Spoiler

If u love me u love me cuz im wild, wild at heart playing in my head over and over n over

18 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

She seemed so genuinely excited to reveal the release date and cover and then ended up crying when people complained about the cover

Wait...has she really cried? I don't like the standard cover but I felt really bad when she got flooded with all those hate comments about it.

That's so sad :crai:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

24 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Ok do you want a cookie?

I mean i can’t read anything because it’s all in spoiler tags but yes ma’m give it to me 

original.gif

This is my favorite Lana album. It's raw and fragile, yet pulsating and the emotions are impenetrable. It is wistful, longing for those summers of listening to jazz on the lawn. I can't get over how much I love this omfg. It's the fully realized and existential version of "Ride." She really can take a genre and make it her own. 

:bebe: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

im sad that she couldn't record more with jack because we'd have a longer album, and perhaps breaking up slowly would have been removed, i feel like she only added that song because she didn't have many other songs to use 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

okay so i know i said i was waiting till the 19th but that was only because my bestie wanted to wait. but we decided we're getting high and listening to the leak tonight!!! im so excited ah i already know Yosemite is gonna kill us both. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

Wait...has she really cried? I don't like the standard cover but I felt really bad when she got flooded with all those hate comments about it.

That's so sad :crai:

Yes she did, it broke my heat to see her insta update with dried tears on her cheeks! :( :( :( 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png