Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

7 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Hide contents

The way TJF is everything Freak, Cherry, and Cinnamon Girl tried to be and MORE :defeated::defeated:

amazing sultry vocals, fun lyrics, full soundscape 

100/10. 

We’re gonna revisit this in a month once the hype has worn off :blush3:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

23 minutes ago, Nikogo said:
  Hide contents

The way TJF is everything Freak, Cherry, and Cinnamon Girl tried to be and MORE :defeated::defeated:

amazing sultry vocals, fun lyrics, full soundscape 

100/10. 

honestly yes, never really liked cherry, freak, or cinnamon when they were released; they’re  unnnotable in the albums they’re in. This song is an exception and is honestly a highlight ?

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

as soon as i said wig i kinda regretted it but the platinum blonde doin time wig works so BRING IT BACK :hype:

Nah, to me, the trashier they are the better they look lmao

D_nsWvIXkAEjBJR.jpg

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Nah, to me, the trashier they are the better they look lmao

Spoiler

D_nsWvIXkAEjBJR.jpg

no you're so right yes i love it i'll ship her a party city wig she has to do it... i love the trashy wigs the doin time video just reminded me platinum blonde is iconic on her :candy:

sUcVobB.png

Spoiler

Am I listening to the wrong TJF or how do I not get the hype for the song? Like I’ve relistenes to it 8 times and I am still not finding the similarities to Cherry/Freak/CG... Instrumentally it sounds less less adventurous than Cherry which is perhaps my favorite Lana song ever.... TJF sounds mellow-er... it’s like CG and FIILY had a Frankensteined baby? I like the song... I just don’t find it a highlight of the album, even DBJAG sounds more meaty... pls help me understand.

7 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Spoiler

I loved the snippets of the other ones we got but the full version always fell so flat. 

freak has the semi weak lyrics 

cherry’s instrumental didn’t hit as hard as it could have 

Cinnamon Girl’s last minute outro is the biggest excitement of the whole song 

My original comment stands

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

Hide contents

I loved the snippets of the other ones we got but the full version always fell so flat. 

freak has the semi weak lyrics 

cherry’s instrumental didn’t hit as hard as it could have 

Cinnamon Girl’s last minute outro is the biggest excitement of the whole song 

My original comment stands

See you in a month :blush3:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I’m not saying they aren’t good songs or anything like that, LFL is my favorite album and cherry is a certified bob 

Spoiler

But TJF is just so spicy and mellow and full 

But yes! I’ll see you in a month :wink:

"Don’t forget me"

reddit refugee here. I had to make this account just to tell someone, anyone, that 

Spoiler

White Dress has absolutely SHREDDED me for the last 3 days. It just rips your heart out. I think in a very short time this song will vault up everyone's all-time best lists.

For the first few listens, I was being a little bitch about the men at the music business conference - it was like, girl you were two syllables away from a Ride! But that all melted away and now I love that bit, very reminiscent of Joni squeezing in a bunch of idiosyncratic description.

The whole song is so delicate, open, honest, raw, pretty, a total heartbreaker. That unreal vulnerable vocal, the epic buildup, "made me feel like a god"... all so moving. It makes me reflect on my own life. A++

4 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

reddit refugee here. I had to make this account just to tell someone, anyone, that 

Hide contents

White Dress has absolutely SHREDDED me for the last 3 days. It just rips your heart out. I think in a very short time this song will vault up everyone's all-time best lists.

For the first few listens, I was being a little bitch about the men at the music business conference - it was like, girl you were two syllables away from a Ride! But that all melted away and now I love that bit, very reminiscent of Joni squeezing in a bunch of idiosyncratic description.

The whole song is so delicate, open, honest, raw, pretty, a total heartbreaker. That unreal vulnerable vocal, the epic buildup, "made me feel like a god"... all so moving. It makes me reflect on my own life. A++

welcome original.gif

UV/Honeymoon

22 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

imo the difference is that Cherry/Freak kinda followed the aged trap/alt rnb trends of the late 2010s and Cinnamon Girl has a super basic structure with verses that sound the same while 

TJF at least is more art poppish/trip hoppish and does something new with her sound than relying on trends. also helps that we didn't hear it 100x like we did with the other songs 

sgopYhV.gif

46 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

The fact that I still can’t tell if “If this is the end” is a poem or song title because LFL’s long song titles make me question everything  :bebe:

I anyways assumed both of those were poems lol but we’ll see! They both give song BTIG vibes to me so I’m hoping we see them there and can cross them off the list!

8 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Cocc is great, but Lana could be making AMAZING all time classic music...

forreal. anxiously awaiting American Classics and Standards. Cocc was so good but it made me want that even more

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg