Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I’m curious for those who’ve listened to leaks, are you guys certain it’s HQ/proper? Like I know people have mentioned abrupt track endings etc  and I wonder if that has to do with leak. Just a random curious thought!

In the zip file the guy put a picture with the CD, the CD outside of it's case, the front/back, and the pic is very clearly in his bedroom.

18 hours ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

I’m curious for those who’ve listened to leaks, are you guys certain it’s HQ/proper? Like I know people have mentioned abrupt track endings etc  and I wonder if that has to do with leak. Just a random curious thought!

It's CD / FLAC quality rip, that's what i actually got. But since i pre-ordered the physical CD and the Red vinyl, i feel less guilty about listening to them lol

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

BREAKING UP SLOWLY SHOULDA GONE TO SLEEP AND STAY IN LANA'S VAULT FOREVER. She literally scrapped "Dealer" for this?! I can't- (Sorry Nikki Lane, love you)

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Ranking COCC tracks with previous albums is kinda hard:ohno: I love them all

-Intros:

Spoiler

Cruel World>Honeymoon>White Dress>Born to Die>Love>Norman Fucking Rockwell

-Covers:

Spoiler

Doin' Time>For Free>The Other Woman>Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

-Closers (not counting covers):

Spoiler

Swan Song>Get Free>Dance Till We Die>This Is What Makes Us Girls>Old Money>Hope Is a Dangerous Thing

8 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

In the zip file the guy put a picture with the CD, the CD outside of it's case, the front/back, and the pic is very clearly in his bedroom.

But maybe IDK how to read those spectragram things but I put the MP3 and the FLAC in audacity and the spectragrams look the same, so the FLAC is likely not true FLAC.

34 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:
  Hide contents

imo COCC is 100% AKA pt.2, the different genres that all somehow work together :oprah: well the sexualization of the midwest and random shit like gas stations :sluttybunny:her high falsetto voice all over the record :omg: she really pulled it back to 2010 

i've spent the entire fucking day im not kidding literally the entire day because there's so many listening to her tracks from 2007-2011 and

Spoiler

this album honestly reminds me of that time so much – the random references, the midwest, the drama, the fun things with her voice, and MOST importantly the EXPERIMENTATION of it all. during that time she was definitely exploring different sounds and trying to build herself up as an artist.

as lana said, after NFR, she was kinda like "now what?" and had a hard time figuring out where to go – this album is most definitely the resurgence of more uncertainty (she was unsure of the album) more experimentation, finding or rediscovering who she is as an artist again and what she wants the future to be :oprah: and i love it

sUcVobB.png

18 hours ago, 5adboy said:

-Intros:

Hide contents

-Covers:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Swan Song>Get Free>Dance Till We Die>This Is What Makes Us Girls>Old Money>Hope Is a Dangerous Thing

My ranking:

opening: Ride = White Dress > NFR > Honeymoon > Cruel World > Love > Born to Die

covers: the other woman > Blue Velvet > Don't let me be misunderstood = Doin' time > for free

Lead singles: Video Games > MAC > Ride > West Coast >  Love > Chemtrails over the Country Club > High By the Beach

34 minutes ago, DinahLee said:
  Hide contents

I'm still lowkey processing how the album doesn't... grow. Like, the title track would be the perfect set-up of how it starts and then keeps growing and growing til the bridge\middle8 and then the outro and then everything sums up with a drum loop going on and on.

Spoiler

Kind of agree, this is just an issue with jack’s production imo, the random bits of instrumentation that don’t complement the base melody of the song really irk me. But that seems to be his style which just means the songs stagnate a little with no big moments in most of them. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

13 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

-Intros:

Reveal hidden contents

-Covers:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

here's how i'd rank them (i included paradise)

intros:

Spoiler

white dress > honeymoon > cruel world > ride > born to die > love > norman fucking rockwell

covers:

Spoiler

for free > doin' time > blue velvet > the other woman > don't let me be misunderstood

closers:

Spoiler

dance till we die > old money > bel air > swan song > get free > hope > this is what makes us girls

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

i'm terrible at this <3 giphy.gif and i included some of AKA 

openers:

Spoiler

honeymoon = white dress = cruel world = ride = kill kill > born to die > norman fucking rockwell > love :derpna2:

covers:

Spoiler

the other woman = for free (especially in the car) > blue velvet = don't let me be misunderstood > doin' time

closers:

Spoiler

yayo AKA > bel air > old money = swan song = get free = hope > this is what makes us girls

i forget what dance till we die sounds like :oopna:

sUcVobB.png

Spoiler

Okay. I've listened to the record and have had some time to gather my thoughts.

Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dark But Just A Game, and Breaking Up Slowly are definitely standouts, for me. I've listened to TJF probably 25 times since the leak - that "white hot forever" comes for my neck :toofunny:

I do like this album quite a bit, but honestly, I think it's in the lower end of my ranking of her albums. I agree with many of the sentiments on here about it being homogeneous and lacking a proper buildup. Her voice is absolutely gorgeous, as usual, and I can appreciate the emotion that went into a lot of these tracks - but I do feel like it's missing a climax, and when I was listening through the record, I was struck by how similar all of the songs sounded. All of this isn't to say that I hate or even dislike the album, but it definitely pales in comparison to some of her other work, for me.

If I had to make a tentative ranking right now, it would look like:

UV > BTD/PD > HM > NFR > COCC > LFL

With all that being said, though, I do want to wait until it comes out officially to put my final opinion on it. Also, I'm a UV stan who never evolved past 2014, so my opinions are biased :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: I'm going to be waiting for a UV pt 2 until I die

Spoiler

Ok I caved and listened to white dress, TJF, and wild at heart again. 

I’m so curious as to how this is going to be received critically. 

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

So overall, did jack serve better production in your opinions on NFR or COCC?

I personally LOVE his work on NFR. Cannot wait a second longer to listen to COCC

Spoiler

Hmm not sure. I’m in the minority on this site  where I love NFRs production so might be biased  

I think NFR has a few songs that are more complex and grand (VB, The greatest) than COCC, but I think the production on COCC being a lot more loose and relaxed is nice too. Like the almost freestyle lounge esque vibe of white dress is amazing and there’s nothing else like that in her discography 

11 minutes ago, domandapiano said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok I caved and listened to white dress, TJF, and wild at heart again. 

I’m so curious as to how this is going to be received critically. 

Same! 

the reception has been pretty positive so far on sites like RYM and albumoftheyear. Granted a lot of these reviews are fans hearing the leak, but there’s been a lot of people who have posted that it is a lot better than they were anticipating based on LMLYAW and the general chaos of the build up. 

I think somewhere less than NFR but greater than all of her other albums in terms of reviews. 

Just now, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

Hmm not sure. I’m in the minority on this site  where I love NFRs production so might be biased  

I think NFR has a few songs that are more complex and grand (VB, The greatest) than COCC, but I think the production on COCC being a lot more loose and relaxed is nice too. Like the almost freestyle lounge esque vibe of white dress is amazing and there’s nothing else like that in her discography 

Yeah I’m the biggest NFR fan. I personally feel like jack and her are a dream combo and is helping her grow and discover this amazing size of her so I’m excited for COCC.

Spoiler

I love white dress so if the albums energy is anything like that production I truly cannot wait 

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Yeah I’m the biggest NFR fan. I personally feel like jack and her are a dream combo and is helping her grow and discover this amazing size of her so I’m excited for COCC.

Hide contents

I love white dress so if the albums energy is anything like that production I truly cannot wait 

If you loved white dress you'll at least enjoy the album if not love

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Daylight Savings Time starts tomorrow!

We turn the clocks ahead an hour so we lose an  hour.

That means next Thursday at midnight it would have been 11:00 so we are actually getting the album an hour earlier!

I'm melting. :kiss: