Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

So is it 100% confirmed that the album will have a worldwide release?

I hope not cause I don't want to listen the album in the morning, and I'd have to wait the evening :icant:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

19 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Hide contents

I agree about Folklore--I really don't understand that album title at all.

NFR! was said/thought by many to be 'folk' or 'folk-like,' but I didn't find it to be so except possibly 'Bartender.' However, I do thing the folk tag works for some of COCC, especially 'Yosemite.' It is a mediative album, but it doesn't have the lyrical depth or scope of 'Hejira' the album--which is no insult to LDR, since I'm sure we agree that Hejira is almost unparalleled in terms of lyrics and vision. However, 'Yosemite' is very intensely emotional in a quiet, almost spooky way. I find it unlike anything else she's ever done. You have a lot to look forward to and I look forward to your thoughts on it. 

This is actually a comfort. You’re probably right about how Lana will never reach Joni’s depths (but I honestly don’t think anyone ever has or will and Lana herself has depth that most artists will never reach either). But like yeah I didn’t find NFR all that folky or anything like Joni’s Blue (which it got compared to nonstop probably just because they both have songs called California in them). I honestly found the album more in line with late 60s Beach Boys. It also has made me especially curious about how COTCC will sound because I don’t fully trust genre descriptions. But you’ve made me especially excited for Yosemite if it’s that haunting and emotional. Would you consider it the most Hejira-type-vibe of the album? Someone on twitter said Yosemite was like a George Harrison Beatles song and those are so haunting, so I’m starting to get more excited for it than ever before.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Spoiler

For Free & Breaking Up Slowly get shit on so much omg... just say you hate collabs and go :trisha:

I think it’s so sweet that the album ended w the Weyes + Zella feature. Considering the track right before her is DTWD and I feel like it’s a nod to “but, God, it feels good not to be alone” by ending the album ... not as a solo— if I’m making sense? :oprah:

COTCC is definitely the turning of the tides of what’s to come next in her discography. So excited for the future! 

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

Spoiler

WAHs production is clearly more western and Americana inspired and well...wild. The verses are completely different and the tempo in the chorus is different enough differentiate itself 

HTD is more 50s doo-wop traditional pop style almost

I think it’s a cute call back and honestly part of me thinks WAH was done first and then the production was lifted from it and put into HTD When she changed it from a piano ballad 

1 minute ago, cherri said:
  Hide contents

For Free & Breaking Up Slowly get shit on so much omg... just say you hate collabs and go :trisha:

I think it’s so sweet that the album ended w the Weyes + Zella feature. Considering the track right before her is DTWD and I feel like it’s a nod to “but, God, it feels good not to be alone” by ending the album ... not as a solo— if I’m making sense? :oprah:

COTCC is definitely the turning of the tides of what’s to come next in her discography. So excited for what’s to come! 

Spoiler

I swear I hate Lana stans weird elitism when it comes to NO FEATURES 

sure her track record isnt good, but she clearly loves that community feel of a circle of friends making music together. I think it’s cute. 

Spoiler

its funny bc yosemite was the LAST song i cared to hear. i assumed it would be a snooze like change but its not! how can anyone say otherwise? i seriously think its one of her best songs... top 3 or maybe even top 2 on chemtrails for me... the wait to hear it was worth it. so fucking worth it. imagine it leaked and she never released it... rightfully deserved an official release

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

This is actually a comfort. You’re probably right about how Lana will never reach Joni’s depths (but I honestly don’t think anyone will and Lana herself has depth that most artists will never reach either). But like yeah I didn’t find NFR all that folky or anything like Joni’s Blue (which it got compared to nonstop probably just because they both have songs called California in them). I honestly found the album more in line with late 60s Beach Boys. It also has made me especially curious about how COTCC will sound because I don’t fully trust genre descriptions. But you’ve made me especially excited for Yosemite if it’s that haunting and emotional. Would you consider it the most Hejira-type-vibe of the album? Someone on twitter said Yosemite was like a George Harrison Beatles song and those are so haunting, so I’m starting to get more excited for it than ever before.

Spoiler

I don't know how to describe 'Yosemite' accurately--for once, adjectives fail me, comparisons too. The best I can do is say it's like some of Donovan's most haunting (and largely unknown to the public) songs, like 'Young Girl Blues,' 'Jersey Thursday' or 'Sunny Goodge Street,' where he sings so plainly, starkly and intimately that you almost feel embarrassed while listening--you're right there, it's all immediate, and he's not making a whole lot of effort to sound 'pretty'--the starkness is the whole song.

'Yosemite' is like that--the very first time I heard it I loved it, which has only happened to me about a handful of times in my life--and the spoken/song last fourth is so powerful and intimate, it has that same quality of Donovan's, that you feel you're witnessing something too private and personal. And the amazing thing is that that part is only 20-30 seconds, and yet it carries massive emotional depth and weight. I think you'll love it. It's now in my top three LDR songs, with 'Old Money' and 'Ride.'  

13 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

You guys talk about Joni Pier but forget how Lana Del Rey is the only female artist that could delivery something similar to Joni masterpiece, Blue. NFR is that bitch. :blush3:

Hot take: Ultraviolence was already Lana’s artistic “equivalent” to Blue. They’re quite different sonically and aesthetically, but ultimately equal in raw emotion and overall impact. :lanahairflip3:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

6 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

It feels like release day is still so far away someone talk me out of listening to leak :lmao:

it's only 4 midnights away if you don't count thursday midnight ldr-bed.jpg

it's moments like this that i'm kinda glad eclipse never accepted my request, i can just pretend nothing is happening over there :candy: we did it for fun, we did it for freeee....

Spoiler

WHEN I WAS YOUNG TILL ETERNITY

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, recklessdaughter said:

This is actually a comfort. You’re probably right about how Lana will never reach Joni’s depths (but I honestly don’t think anyone ever has or will and Lana herself has depth that most artists will never reach either). But like yeah I didn’t find NFR all that folky or anything like Joni’s Blue (which it got compared to nonstop probably just because they both have songs called California in them). I honestly found the album more in line with late 60s Beach Boys. It also has made me especially curious about how COTCC will sound because I don’t fully trust genre descriptions. But you’ve made me especially excited for Yosemite if it’s that haunting and emotional. Would you consider it the most Hejira-type-vibe of the album? Someone on twitter said Yosemite was like a George Harrison Beatles song and those are so haunting, so I’m starting to get more excited for it than ever before.

to me Yosemite personally sounds like a 70s Sibylle Baier song (like ‘I Lost Something in the Hills’ or ‘Tonight’) but with more production and more romantic. It doesn’t really remind me of George Harrison

:/ I definitely agree that NFR! doesn’t really remind me of Joni, COCC’s songwriting is somewhat more similar to her work imo. Whereas only a few songs in NFR were really singer/songwriter I would say all but 1 or 2 songs are singer/songwriter  on COCC

sgopYhV.gif

Spoiler

Personally I love collabs, but for some reason Lana chooses the wrong people. I think Nikki Lane is a great artist in her own right, but her voice with Lana's just sounds too abrasive for it to deemed 'smooth sailing'. Same goes for Zella and Weyes. 

Lana and Barrie's voices together in Summer Wine for example worked well because Barrie is a baritone, and Lana is a mezzo-soprano (Dugazon if you prefer), which means they can harmonize with ease and create a pleasant balance. (Also I just realised I'm sounding pretentious af but I don't know how else to put this lol sorry) :icant:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

35 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

You guys talk about Joni Pier but forget how Lana Del Rey is the only female artist that could delivery something similar to Joni masterpiece, Blue. NFR is that bitch. :blush3:

Do not compare Blue with Boredom Rockwell, please